Panamera 2010-Current

just bought CPO 13 Panamera S

Old 07-08-2016, 09:29 PM
pgapromex
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought CPO 13 Panamera S

Greetings!

I just bought a CPO 13 Panamera S pics at link until the dealer takes it offline

https://suncoastporsche.com/inventor...3+White+680615

Picking it up Tuesday can't wait! This one had most of the options I wanted

P68 - Premium Package Plus
806 - Exterior Package in High-Gloss Black
345 - Heated Steering Wheel
541 - Seat Ventilation Front
BASE - Panamera S
AB - Standard Interior in Black
XRY - 20" Panamera Sport Wheel in Black
350 - Adaptive Air Suspension Including PASM
0Q - White
250 - 7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) with Auto Start Stop
P61 - BOSE® Audio Package
P80 - 14-way Power Seats with Memory Package
XEX - Bi-Xenon headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)

The white with 20 inch black wheels and exterior gloss black upgrade gives this Panny a bit of a badass look, would have liked 2 tone leather upgrade but you can't have everything when you are paying almost 50% less than new msrp. I read a bunch of threads here before purchase and seems most here are very happy with these cars. Just a few questions for those with more experience.

1. car is under factory warranty for about 9 more months, then CPO till 2019.
Anything I should be aware of to get fixed before CPO kicks in? What are differences between factory and CPO warranty?

2. Anyone using AHA app? I'm disappointed that Google maps send to car does not work with Porsche cars, but with AHA at least I can send destinations to Nav from my phone if the AHA app works with 2013 version of PCM.

3. Golf clubs..can I fit 2 sets in this car if I take out drivers/woods? Or will I need to fold down rear seats?

Thats it for now, any tips most appreciated, probably will have a few more quesstions and can't wait to get more acquainted with the new toy!
Old 07-09-2016, 02:04 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

My perception (currently having two cars under CPO) is that warranty and/or CPO are identical.
Having Warranty before that, and had cases, I have not seen any differences.
I will sell my Panamera this year, because CPO warranty will be over, and will buy one most probably a Turbo (I do not want a V6).
Imo, CPO is an extremely good service.

For the Maps, I did not know (and I’m very surprised) that you can change the maps data. Do not forget that Mapteq, (as well as Nokia) have been bought by Here (here.com) and Here belong to Audi-BMW-Mercedes. So, I expect that continual progresses will be done as this group have a lot of ressources and huge interest to have a real performant service.
Some time I use another mapping (maps.me), using iOS devices, i.e.: iPad, as this offer “permanent maps” (no need to be “connected”, and this also enable to use very accurate and fast GPS (I use the Dual 160, that takes (and transmit) 10 points per second (fast enough to be use in aviation !) and also is dual channel, i.e.: take satellites from the (US) GPS networks as well as from the (Russian) Glonass networks, to use the best of both network for positioning.
For your info, last year I did the navigation for the Monte Carlo Rallye (Historique), and, (having traditional paper maps as safety net), I used Maps.me on iPad with a Dual 160 GPS to do all the navigation in 100% electronic mode, ..without a single problem!
Now all of that to say that in term of maps, (also comparing !) I feel that the Mapteq ones are very good. The only thing that could be seen as missing (but this require permanent connection) is the “on line instant road monitoring/reporting” situation that you can find if you use Waze (I do that sometime, also together with the dual GPS), to have a good preemptive situation of the road.
So, I’m not “fixed” to Google maps, that have no specific advantages to my view, except to be able to give you a relative position ..using the recorded position of fixed wireless networks that the Google have recorded automatically when they did the “local road photos”, (..without telling anybody !).

For the golf bags, no problem at all to put two golf bags in the trunk, I use the space between the rear wheel and the end of the car, and orient the two back in order to have the head of the clubs aiming this direction, and this is all fine. (No need at all to move the seats. But, it is true that I remove the “woods” before doing that.
Btw, this was why, before having a Panamera, I had 911's as daily for 30 years, i.e.: I was able to drive my two sons to school every morning when they were young, or ..also put two golf bags (it barely fit !) in that "place" !
The 911 was for me the "perfect compromise car". Maybe that's why I never understood the "GT3", as, using this space to only put steel tubings seems pretty stupid to me ! (and this only for marketing reasons !!). Or, just to comment that ..my track car is a Boxster !

IMO in all the option you got, the Air Suspension is the most important : it turns this car into the BEST GT that you can imagine, i.e.: it becomes a REAL Flying Carpet.
We have Cayenne Turbo beside it, and, the comfort of the Panamera is Miles above it. It is also great to be able to do San Francisco to San Diego and do not think about a gas station, even after cruising a day after this trip around San Diego !
This car (2010 Panamera 4S) is by (very) far the BEST car we ever had.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:32 PM
pgapromex
Advanced

Thanks for your kind reply. I was not talking about changing the maps. With BMWs and other cars you look up an address on Google Maps and then send it to your cars nav system, Porsche does not have this.

The AHA app for smartphones supposed will let you look up a destination on your smartphone and then send it to your Porsche PCM Nav system. I think this started in 2013 so my questions is has anyone here with a 2013 or later used AHA app in this way?
Old 07-10-2016, 12:21 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 951 Likes on 424 Posts

Love it, last of the NA V8 S's; enjoy, looks great in white.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:07 AM
pgapromex
Advanced

Thanks Disden, for anyone else looking for a V8 S here is a loaded 2013 with low miles and a ton of options for a decent price.

http://porscheatlantaperimeter.com/i...etallic+695218

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: just bought CPO 13 Panamera S