Panamera 2010-Current

Window tinting and MoleSkin installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 06:55 PM
balazskontes
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window tinting and MoleSkin installation

I'm thinking of getting my black Panamera GTS' windows tinted, and I had a few questions for the group:
- some tint installers mentioned that I would need to install MoleSkin product at the bottom of the track to avoid any scratches on the inside, while others say that it's not necessary. Would love to hear from people with their experiences and thoughts
- I'm thinking of going 5% in the back windows and 20% in the two front windows
- any other watch outs?

Thank you!
Old 05-15-2016, 10:36 AM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

I have a 12 P4S and it's necessary.. I had still have scratches on my tint from the week or so between I installed the tint and I installed the moleskin..
Old 05-15-2016, 10:43 AM
p4s
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the driver and passenger side window tint scratched within a few weeks. Not sure how moleskin works, but if it's a solution that doesn't involve major surgery I would consider installing such a thing or something similar. Tint improves the way the car looks by the way. Good luck and please let us know if moleskin works!
Old 05-19-2016, 06:55 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is a known issue on the Panamera- my dealer told me on day one that if I tinted the side windows they would get scratched, so I never bothered.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:32 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 707 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by balazskontes
I'm thinking of getting my black Panamera GTS' windows tinted, and I had a few questions for the group:
- some tint installers mentioned that I would need to install MoleSkin product at the bottom of the track to avoid any scratches on the inside, while others say that it's not necessary. Would love to hear from people with their experiences and thoughts
- I'm thinking of going 5% in the back windows and 20% in the two front windows
- any other watch outs?

Thank you!
Absolutely necessary. Will cost extra, but worth its weight in Gold for durability. Make sure it's an experienced shop...if it's done incorrectly, huge PITA

Quick Reply: Window tinting and MoleSkin installation