Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Turbo vs 4S... Aside from that!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 06:37 PM
andynice20
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo vs 4S... Aside from that!!!

Hey all!

Need advice from the experienced Panny owners out there... I'm in the market for a 2010 to 2012 Panamera, either 4S or Turbo. This will be more of a daily driver and being in RI, snow is a b*tch hence leaning to AWD.

My question to you gurus out there is taking into account snow, maintenance costs, drivability and comfort, would the 4S be the way to go or the Turbo. I know I know, the Turbo has the extra hundo ponies, sounds better and is just all around more fun, but knowing this will be my DD and the weather issues does the 4S win out on a car I can drive quite a bit?

And before the flaming commences and I get berated for it, looking for used BC my wife wants a Range Rover and I want a Panamera, so we compromised on both as long as one is preowned. Guess who's getting the new one?
Old 11-19-2015, 03:15 PM
Preeble
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both the 4S and Turbo are AWD, but there may be some differences - the Turbo may come with summer tires, requiring you to get winter tires (the 4S likely comes with All Seasons, but you may want winter tires anyway).

The turbo also comes with the Air Suspension - this will allow you to raise the car while driving in snow - the 4S may not have the air suspension. This is an important feature.

All things being equal, I would always choose the turbo over the 4s.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:37 PM
esugar
3rd Gear

I'm in the same predicament, don't know if I should stay away from these two models. They both have about 80k miles, people say the turbo wil cost me a fortune, much more than the 4s. The turbo looks so much better with all the options and power. Does anyone have a common problem with their Panamera of know if they are good over 100k?
Thanks
Old 11-19-2015, 09:32 PM
robhamster
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I just traded in a 2012 4S for a 2015 PTT. I swapped my all season radial off the 4S onto the turbo. I have tested it in three snowstorms so far here in Colorado with no problem. My 4S had 33K miles but had a troubled history including an engine replacement at 22K miles. The turbo feels like a "grown up" version of the Panamera compared to the 4S.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:03 PM
andynice20
Intermediate

Thanks for the replies all, pulled the trigger on a 2012 CPO turbo. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Turbo vs 4S... Aside from that!!!