Panamera 2010-Current

Lame Duck Panamera?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 10:52 AM
Preeble
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lame Duck Panamera?

With Audi's announcement of their upgraded RS7 and S8 performance models (605hp), I can't help but to scratch my head and wonder why Porsche allows this leap-frogging within its corporate structure.

No doubt that the current Panamera turbo/turbo s line will likely still out-perform these new Audi models in the relevant categories (even when down on HP), but I would think that the entire VW family would have a more coordinated release approach of upgraded models.

That being said, if Porsche does play the 'keep up with the Jones' game, then the Panamera reveal in the Spring will be very interesting.

I still think this is a very relevant video...

Old 11-21-2015, 09:13 AM
alaint101
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Porsche has announced an updated Panam for 2017.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:30 AM
alaint101
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alaint101
Porsche has announced an updated Panam for 2017.
Let me be clear - it remains a 'rumor' until March...
Old 11-21-2015, 06:55 PM
sambb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if 2017 is a redesign, will the depreciation of 2014-16 models be affected a lot?
Old 11-21-2015, 10:46 PM
Preeble
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it is a lock that Porsche will debut the new Panamera in March. From spy photos, I suspect that the design will be evolutionary with lots of changes underneath, with the most significant being weight reduction. Other changes will be updated electronics like in the new 911, the newer steering wheel that we see on most of the other Porsche models and likely a more raked rear roof to make it look less like a whale. I bet the engines don't change much as we already have the V6 turbos.

Cars always depreciate - I don't think the curve for the newer Panameras will change that much.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:41 AM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Agree, except for PGTS engine

Originally Posted by Preeble
I think it is a lock that Porsche will debut the new Panamera in March. From spy photos, I suspect that the design will be evolutionary with lots of changes underneath, with the most significant being weight reduction. Other changes will be updated electronics like in the new 911, the newer steering wheel that we see on most of the other Porsche models and likely a more raked rear roof to make it look less like a whale. I bet the engines don't change much as we already have the V6 turbos.

Cars always depreciate - I don't think the curve for the newer Panameras will change that much.
It will take a year or two for the PGTS to be available, but I recall reading comments from a Porsche manager that they will build a new NA engine for the PGTS. This despite the fact that the Cayenne GTS has the V6 turbo. That would probably make a PGTS an '18 or maybe late '17 model, which will be interesting given the Mission E that will debut as an '18 and will probably be priced about the same as a PTTS, or maybe more.

The RS7 vs. PTT video is unsurprising.

Quick Reply: Lame Duck Panamera?