Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

panamera turbo advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 02:49 AM
Goonie
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had a cayenne loaner for a week. We could not fit 2 hockey bags in the trunk. This picture says it all.

This coupled with PDCC and low 11s quarter mile time. This thing is a practical super car. No doubt about it. I've owned some cool cars like a viper, modded z06, R8... Can't think of a car that would impress me more than a PTT.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:52 AM
Goonie
Track Day

My PTT and my buddies PTTS.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Bruce Thompson
6th Gear

Great discussion. New to forum, maybe you can help. Currently driving an M4 and am looking for my next move, probably upgrade in luxury, awd, maybe a step more "exec".

Comparing Panamera GTS, Turbo (not S), RS7 and Alpina B6 (basically a 600hp but slightly more friendly version of M6 Gran Coupe).

I like the torque down low on the M4 (425 lbs at 1500 rpm on 3400 pound car), most of my driving is around town, so I'm thinking I might like the GTS, which I've just driven once. I hope to drive the turbo soon. I was impressed at the way the car seemed to shrink when I drove it aggressively on curvy roads.

Here's my question. Is there a tune available for the GTS that won't invalidate the warranty? Or alternatively a reflash for the Turbo?
Old 10-11-2015, 09:46 PM
Bruce Thompson
6th Gear

PS, I'm assuming awd plus a good set of snows eg Michelin Alpin PA4s the car will get me from Boston to Vermont and back for skiing with confidence. Frankly the rd M4 with those snows was fine around town, nbever tried to take it skiing
Old 10-11-2015, 10:36 PM
Goonie
Track Day

I've driven all the above. I really wanted to like the rs7 but I found it plain compared to the panny. I had a R8 beforehand. The 2 cars I narrowed down was a gran coupe and the Porsche. The PTT is so much bigger on the inside and actually has a sun roof that retracts. I also test drove the e63 wagon. Beautiful car but still doesn't touch the Porsche once you consider everything.

I just ordered a set of blizzaks and plan on driving my PTT all winter long, hope to see some good snow

The Panamera will rise like 4" so clearance is not an issue. I've driven the GTS, great car, sounds way better than the turbo and handles great but it's not as fast as the turbo by a long shot. I'm a speed junkie, if you're not the GTS is a great car. The interior of the Porsche beats any car I have ever driven. I have a friend that's 6'6" and fits with room to spare in the back seat. On the bmw and Audi, he would be a Sardine.

Any kind of tune will probably void the warranty. Dealers find every excuse to not honor the warranty and a tune will do just that. I would love to tune the turbo but it's plenty fast as it is.

So yeah... A PTT or a GTS are both great cars. Why aren't you considering a PTTS, it's noticeably faster than a PTT but I couldn't find the right car in the S and the PTT I bought had everything I wanted.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:00 PM
Bruce Thompson
6th Gear

Money really. I'm going to test drive both a GTS and a PTT tomorrow...as well as an RS7 at the same dealer.

Both P's are base models, so I'll have to have a little faith that the PDCC and the sport design package in the PTT will do the trick.

Question - aren't there ecu reflashing programs for the PTT for a more aggressive shifting profile?
Old 10-26-2015, 10:19 AM
Preeble
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bruce Thompson
Money really. I'm going to test drive both a GTS and a PTT tomorrow...as well as an RS7 at the same dealer.

Both P's are base models, so I'll have to have a little faith that the PDCC and the sport design package in the PTT will do the trick.

Question - aren't there ecu reflashing programs for the PTT for a more aggressive shifting profile?
How was the test drive?

After owning my PTT for a little over a month, I know I made the right choice (vs. the GTS). The two things I liked more in the GTS vs the turbo were the exhaust note and the throttle response. For me, the sport exhaust on the PTT is good enough and I have learned to be a bit heavier-handed with the PTT throttle - that gives me a more immediate response.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:39 AM
SteeleR
6th Gear

What is the VIN on this car? If this is it, WPOAC2A74CL090808, don't buy it. Contact me via pm
Old 10-30-2015, 05:24 PM
SteeleR
6th Gear

If it's white with black wheels, cognac interior and red seat belts
VIN WPOAC2A74CL090808
Please contact me. I'm the original owner and there's a very serious reason why it's a 2012 with only 30K miles.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:16 PM
ThunderRolls
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts

If you drive it, you will love it. It's a different kind of Turbo. Be sure it has sport plus and launch control. I have a 2007 997.1TT and a 2010 PTT and love them both in a different way. Wouldn't think of stepping into another sedan at the moment.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:33 AM
SteeleR
6th Gear

[QUOTE=SteeleR;12715378]If it's white with black wheels, cognac interior and red seat belts
VIN WPOAC2A74CL090808
Please contact me. I'm the original owner and there's a very serious reason why it's a 2012 with only 30K miles.

Quick Reply: panamera turbo advice