Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

PTT faulty pdk

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 10:27 AM
Steele
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PTT faulty pdk

Anyone have problems with pdk lagging in btwn shifts in PTT? To better explain, a lag btwn 1st clutch disengaging and 2nd engaging. Happened on normal acceleration around 2-4th gears. When 2nd clutch did engaged, it did so very hard.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:02 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

Try the model tech forum.

This Member Help forum is only for problems with Membership stuff.
Old 01-02-2016, 01:52 AM
Rob911TT
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Randy V
Try the model tech forum. This Member Help forum is only for problems with Membership stuff.
I didn't put it here, another member did!

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 01-08-2016, 10:00 AM
Preeble
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I Have Similar

I am experiencing similar issues with my PDK too - I'm not sure if this is how the PDK is supposed to work or if there is a real issue. I will likely be taking the car into my Porsche dealer to see if there is something they can do.

My specific issue is that the car is programmed to start in 2nd gear during most times, except in Sport Plus mode or when you really nail the accelerator. As such, during most driving (in normal or Sport mode), the car starts in 2nd gear. There are two frustrating scenarios for me:

1. When my car is stopped and I accelerate normally, the car 'bears down' or lags for a moment prior to getting moving. This is not turbo lag - it is like the is trying to grab a gear. I would compare it to having a manual transmission and riding the clutch. If I happen to nail it, the downshift to 1st gear is very jerky... almost too jerky.

2. My bigger problem is another scenario - when I am slowing down (perhaps at a stop sign and I am not fully stopping) and then accelerate prior to coming to a full stop - the car really bogs down as it tries to engage 2nd gear. Again, the feeling is the same as if the car were riding the clutch. If I really push the accelerator to force a downshift to 1st gear, the shifting is very abrupt and jerky.

For me #2 is more problematic and is something that really frustrates me about the car.

HOWEVER, when I manually shift the car, there is absolutely no bogging down and the shifts are not jerky at all. This gives me hope that this is not a physical transmission issue - I hope it is just PDK programming which can be fixed via an update.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:23 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Preeble
I am experiencing similar issues with my PDK too - I'm not sure if this is how the PDK is supposed to work or if there is a real issue. I will likely be taking the car into my Porsche dealer to see if there is something they can do.

My specific issue is that the car is programmed to start in 2nd gear during most times, except in Sport Plus mode or when you really nail the accelerator. As such, during most driving (in normal or Sport mode), the car starts in 2nd gear. There are two frustrating scenarios for me:

1. When my car is stopped and I accelerate normally, the car 'bears down' or lags for a moment prior to getting moving. This is not turbo lag - it is like the is trying to grab a gear. I would compare it to having a manual transmission and riding the clutch. If I happen to nail it, the downshift to 1st gear is very jerky... almost too jerky.

2. My bigger problem is another scenario - when I am slowing down (perhaps at a stop sign and I am not fully stopping) and then accelerate prior to coming to a full stop - the car really bogs down as it tries to engage 2nd gear. Again, the feeling is the same as if the car were riding the clutch. If I really push the accelerator to force a downshift to 1st gear, the shifting is very abrupt and jerky.

For me #2 is more problematic and is something that really frustrates me about the car.

HOWEVER, when I manually shift the car, there is absolutely no bogging down and the shifts are not jerky at all. This gives me hope that this is not a physical transmission issue - I hope it is just PDK programming which can be fixed via an update.
No such problems with the PDK in my 13 GTS
Old 02-11-2016, 03:54 AM
Steele
Intermediate

I seldom check in to see what's new in the PTT arena since my situation has long since been forgotten. So upon a check in now, it's an interesting situation with the bogging down. If you've taken it in and it passed all diagnostic tests, but you are sure the techs encountered the problem on a test drive that Porsche takes the no proof no foul approach.
Do yourself a favor if you haven't gotten the issue resolved sell it. If Porsche will buy it bk from you, that's a sure sign they know it's a lemon. They bought mine bk then turned around and sold it.
Long story but I found the guy who bought within a wk of him buying it. He experienced the problem as soon as he left tube dealership when entering a major highway. He must not have done any research on ptts b/c when he asked what all the services check for the tranny were they told him they were recall campaigns and he bought it. And this guy has several Porsches. I asked if the techs at his dealership found anything to please let me know. He emailed a few months later and said he'd sold it b/c it was too much power around town!

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist

Quick Reply: PTT faulty pdk