Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

What do you think about these new 22" Sport Classic Concave looking wheels???

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 07:39 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default What do you think about these new 22" Sport Classic Concave looking wheels???

Just in the new 22" Concave Classic wheels in 22", these are similar in design to the Sport Classics currently on the 2015 Macan. These are just so bad-@ss looking, they are 5-times better in person....

22x10 & 22x11, available in other color options not yet photoed:

ˇ Gloss Black Polished Edge (featured in main photo)
ˇ Satin Black Machined Face
ˇ Satin Black Polished Edge
ˇ Satin Graphite Polished Edge
ˇ Hyper Silver Polished Edge

MSRP $2499

Discount -$300 applies

(Or pay the MSRP and get FREE shipping in the USA and FREE Lug-Bolt Kit)
Attached Images            
Old 04-14-2015, 08:53 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Here's an other color option.....
Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2015, 10:06 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Well, (wheel), what I think, ..to be real honest : Is that I would not put more than 20' on my Panamera !
I have a 4S with air suspension and would refuse anything that would remove rubber from what I have.
Having a "flying carpet" is such a great feeling, that I would not like to compromise at all.
If I want to be shaked, then, I have a Boxster with PSS9, ..that I love on track, but, frankly, outside tracks, it is not that fun at all.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:33 AM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GVA-SFO
Well, (wheel), what I think, ..to be real honest : Is that I would not put more than 20' on my Panamera !
I have a 4S with air suspension and would refuse anything that would remove rubber from what I have.
Having a "flying carpet" is such a great feeling, that I would not like to compromise at all.
If I want to be shaked, then, I have a Boxster with PSS9, ..that I love on track, but, frankly, outside tracks, it is not that fun at all.
Thanks for your feedback,

Not everyone will be satisfied with a 20" wheel on such a large vehicle so we offer choices to those, I have factory 21" wheels on my Cayenne but I soon plan on keeping a set of these 22" on for a while...

You've really got to give them a thumbs up for the appeal all comforts concerns aside.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:19 AM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have stock Panamera Sport 20" wheels for summer tires and Turbo II 20" wheels for winter tires for my PGTS and would not use larger wheels. The system has no settings for wheels larger than 20" and I trust Porsche engineering and design so would not use larger wheels. Larger wheels may look good in photos or at the valet stand, but probably do not deliver the handling or ride characteristics of stock 20" wheels. I would like to see objective statistics on handling dynamics and ride compliance of 22" wheels on the PGTS if you have them. Stats like lateral G's and stopping distances vs stock 20" wheels with summer compound tires would be helpful to see.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:48 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AndrewP
I have stock Panamera Sport 20" wheels for summer tires and Turbo II 20" wheels for winter tires for my PGTS and would not use larger wheels. The system has no settings for wheels larger than 20" and I trust Porsche engineering and design so would not use larger wheels. Larger wheels may look good in photos or at the valet stand, but probably do not deliver the handling or ride characteristics of stock 20" wheels. I would like to see objective statistics on handling dynamics and ride compliance of 22" wheels on the PGTS if you have them. Stats like lateral G's and stopping distances vs stock 20" wheels with summer compound tires would be helpful to see.
While I understand your concerns you also must take note when putting on larger diameter wheels it is the proper tire sizing that will keep your vehicle in compliance so your PSM, ABS & Speedo are still functioning correctly. Maintaining the over all diameter is the goal in doing this sort of upgrade, therefore it's not simply up-sizing wheels and tires parallel but rather the intent is to upside the wheel while off-setting the difference with proper tire sizing.

Doing this on the daily it's very clear to understand but sometimes needs to be explained quite often to those who have never asked the questions before. I hope this helps shed some more light on the subject of up-sizing which is slightly OT, but thanks for your post.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:10 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Understand about outside diameter, but tire aspect ratio has to be quite different between 20" and 22" wheels. FWIW, some on the 991 TTS have noted significantly diminished acceleration with larger diameter wheels than stock.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:07 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AndrewP
Understand about outside diameter, but tire aspect ratio has to be quite different between 20" and 22" wheels. FWIW, some on the 991 TTS have noted significantly diminished acceleration with larger diameter wheels than stock.
Allow for me to give you an example, these are first Porsche size OEM tire options on the 997 C2/C4 model.

18" option: 235/40/18 front over all diameter 25.4
19" option: 235/35/19 front over all diameter 25.5

So if you were to option to go with a 20" option the closest is a 235/30/20 which is a 25.6 (the same variation of a .1 difference from an 18" to a 19".

Tire sizing is a science where there are several available sizes to take into consideration especially since most Porsche cars have stagg set-ups.

Hope this helps understand this a little further, if you have more questions feel free to PM me or open a new thread regarding up-sizing wheels and let us know so we can jump in there and reply.

Thanks again,

Last edited by Wheel Dynamics; 04-15-2015 at 02:08 PM. Reason: update

Quick Reply: What do you think about these new 22" Sport Classic Concave looking wheels???