Panamera 2010-Current

How Do I Get My IPod Playlist To Appear On PCM

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 11:54 AM
MadPanny
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Do I Get My IPod Playlist To Appear On PCM

Can someone tell me if there's a way to get my IPod Nano Gen5 playlist to appear on the PCM display. Currently it give me the playlist but they are not labeled as the same as it is on ITunes. Another ideas is to go in and change the playlist titles, but I couldn't figure out how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Old 03-02-2015, 11:55 AM
Samp4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good question. I was not able to do it either. Would like to know as well
Old 03-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

I wish I could help, but I've been using a USB drive, not my iPod. Large-capacity but physically small USB drives are cheap. I've got my entire music collection available all the time, and the drive is just a tiny little nub sticking out of the USB port.

In my case, changing the .M3U file name is how I change the playlist name.

The main advantage of an iPod is that you've got a really nice user interface for the music on the iPod itself. If you're going to go through the PCM, as I am, the iPod's just storage, and you're using Porsche's interface. Which isn't great, but honestly, most of the time I'm just running my favorites playlist on random shuffle.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:08 PM
TGED
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to connect an iPod also, then I switched to using an USB stick and have not looked back to my iPod days. I simply arranged the songs into different folders and I can display a folder list not only on the PCM screen but also on the round screen next to the speedo gauge. And I simply use the click wheel on the steering wheel to select folders/songs.

Quick Reply: How Do I Get My IPod Playlist To Appear On PCM