Panamera 2010-Current

Weird problem b/w Key FOB & Car - Porsche Entry & Drive

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 12:08 AM
TAZ40JAHRE
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Weird problem b/w Key FOB & Car - Porsche Entry & Drive

Ok, folks, need some quick help here - I've got my car at the dealer fixing a couple of problems and I asked them about this issue, which they're not finding a solution to. Here's the situation:

About a week after I bought my 2010 PTT I took the family out for Sunday church and, after church, I tried to open the door but it wouldn't recognize my key FOB. Had to use the small "real" key within the FOB. I figured the battery in the FOB was dead, bought a new one and installed it, and it worked fine. Last Sunday morning I was at an ice rink a block away from the church where the key FOB issue took place and had the same thing happen again. Had to use the small "real" key, got home, and the FOB worked fine at home. An hour later we went back to the same church and, voila, after church the FOB wouldn't work AGAIN. Got home (and everywhere else since) and the FOB works fine. I know, God is trying to tell me something . Anyway, I'm guessing that something is interfering with signal between the FOB and the car but I have to believe that there's some sort of fix for this. Maybe the receiver in the car is weakening so something like that. The dealer is checking into it and I'm supposed to talk with him tomorrow. I'd love to know if anyone has ever heard of a fix for this issue, some TSB, etc. Thanks much.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:08 AM
zedosix
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd stay away from church, that's what I would do.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:53 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

My Panamera does it too. It is a known problem, but I don't know if there is a fix.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:45 PM
clorigo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the same issue with a new to me 2011 Panamera Turbo. Kind of annoying. I find if I Can lock the car it works right afterwards.

Quick Reply: Weird problem b/w Key FOB & Car - Porsche Entry & Drive