Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera-167/)
-   -   Panamera Turbo reliability (https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera/777673-panamera-turbo-reliability.html)

timelinex 09-22-2013 02:08 AM

Panamera Turbo reliability

I'm in the market for a 2010 or 2011 panamera turbo with about 10-25k miles. This means that after 1 or 2 years of ownership my warranty will run out.

How reliable are these cars? I know they haven't been out too long, but I would like to get an idea atleast.

Thanks!

supercup 09-25-2013 09:47 PM

I have a 2012 with 25,000 +/- miles - not one issue - 2 dealer scheduled services - no other issues, except buying a set of tires at 13,500 miles.

Love the car. Like any car like this if you go out of warranty if the electronic stuff fails (e.g.) the NAV it will be expensive to fix.

Dealer CPO or extended warranty is probably well worth the money.

Good luck finding the right car for you. And remember if you find a good low mileage car with the color and options you want, dont quibble over a few thousand $ - they loaded cars are hard to find. I have $45k of options on my car and I will never get it back, but I will drive it to 80k - 100k miles, so over 4 -5 years the extra dollars won't matter much.

You are buying pre-owned so you are already $50k +/- ahead of the game on depreciation. Those last $5k are $100 a months over 4 years - is it worth it to get what you want for $100 a month - if so go for it!

Good luck finding the car you want.

Where are you located?

timelinex 09-30-2013 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by supercup (Post 10786037)
I have a 2012 with 25,000 +/- miles - not one issue - 2 dealer scheduled services - no other issues, except buying a set of tires at 13,500 miles.

Love the car. Like any car like this if you go out of warranty if the electronic stuff fails (e.g.) the NAV it will be expensive to fix.

Good luck finding the right car for you. And remember if you find a good low mileage car with the color and options you want, dont quibble over a few thousand $ - they loaded cars are hard to find. I have $45k of options on my car and I will never get it back, but I will drive it to 80k - 100k miles, so over 4 -5 years the extra dollars won't matter much.

You are buying pre-owned so you are already $50k +/- ahead of the game on depreciation. Those last $5k are $100 a months over 4 years - is it worth it to get what you want for $100 a month - if so go for it!

Where are you located?

Great answer. Thank you

mmcmilla 10-03-2013 12:02 AM

I have a 2010 Panamera Turbo loaded. I have 35k miles on it with about 8 months left on 48 month warranty. It has been quite perfect. Only issues have been petty electronic things, like iPhone connector. Buy it and enjoy. PM me if you like and I'd be happy to talk to you.

phil612 10-03-2013 05:57 AM

My 2010 PTT (with PDCC and PCCB) was a parallel import into my country (Singapore) and was unloved and unserviced by the previous owner. I've just had a major service performed and have had a bunch of problems resolved, if your PTT has a good service history and has had any "first few years" issues resolved then you're probably safe.

- Creak from front upper-wishbones (bushes sheared in joint and moving) - replaced
- Leaking left front air suspension strut (caused car to "sag" overnight) - replaced
- Water in passenger footwell after heavy rainstorm (blocked air-con drain) - resolved
- Faulty electric parking brake error (battery) - replaced
- Steering fluid level low, but reservoir full (sensor faulty) - replaced

Lastly I find the PDK / transmission occasionally "clunky", best to leave it in Sport or manually change.

slategreyteracotta 01-12-2014 12:45 AM

i have some problem with the parking brake as well before but they changed the cylinoid in the parking brake and it seems to be fine, but if that happens again i will ask them to check the battery,
but why the battery effect the parking brake?

i also have a left front air suspension leak, but it doesn't leak all the time, weird, only once have it noticed it sagged over 5 nights parked in one spot, but i haven't seen that happened again

speed doc 02-02-2014 11:21 PM

I would never EVER own this car without a warranty. Expensive to fix and not the most reliable piece of equipment. I have owned everything under the sun and this thing is anything but reliable. I have a 2010 PTT. I love the car but I don't trust it anymore. Don't get me started. Crazy but true.

JSeven 02-03-2014 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by speed doc (Post 11101160)
I would never EVER own this car without a warranty. Expensive to fix and not the most reliable piece of equipment. I have owned everything under the sun and this thing is anything but reliable. I have a 2010 PTT. I love the car but I don't trust it anymore. Don't get me started. Crazy but true.

What were your problems?

PP4sCape town 02-03-2014 10:48 AM

I think its safer to buy used than new. You can go over the service record and get an idea of the state of the vehicle. If you buy new you might get a lemon. I had this with all other makes as well. My new Jag XFR spent 10 months of the 14 I had it at the dealer with numerous issues. My Panamera 4s did not have one problem until now at 55000km. But saying that I would rather spend time at the Porsche dealer than at Jaguar or BMW.

My dealer came this morning drove 80km and collect my car and left me a brand new one to drive until mine is fixed. Try that at Merc OR BMW. And if you buy a car worth $100k or more expect the parts to be expensive. My motorplan claims on the Jag was in the region of $40k and I sold it with less that 10 000km on.

JJ Cleghorne 02-12-2014 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by PP4sCape town (Post 11101871)
I think its safer to buy used than new. You can go over the service record and get an idea of the state of the vehicle. If you buy new you might get a lemon.

Very wise. I never even thought about buying used. Was too afraid of buying something that someone thrashed.

Steele 05-23-2014 12:52 AM

if you come across a 2012 PTT white w/black wheels, cognac interior and red seat belts, turn and walk away....FAST!
Car has serious PDK defect and hasn't been able to be detected by diagnostic tests so no error codes come up. It's now on it's 3rd owner having been lied to by previous dealership/owners to get rid of it.
This was our 6th porsche and all others were very reliable and problem free, but this one came off the line w/a kinked wire or something, bc the PDK didn't perform correctly from day one and we had it in several times w/no problem being detected.
Anyway, good luck there are good reliable porsches out there, but you can't always go on what the certified records show. Best to run it through one of these forums!

supercup 05-23-2014 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by supercup (Post 10786037)

Where are you located?

I now have 46,000 miles and continue to have no issues with my 2012 PTT

:cheers:

Tacarroll 06-04-2014 08:24 PM

I have 2010 Pan turbo. Got it with 16k on it. Have had some annoying problems. Thermostat failed (stuck open at least!), and had to replace all coils after 2 failed causing bad misfires. But this car is awesome when running.

Originally Posted by timelinex (Post 10777570)
I'm in the market for a 2010 or 2011 panamera turbo with about 10-25k miles. This means that after 1 or 2 years of ownership my warranty will run out.

How reliable are these cars? I know they haven't been out too long, but I would like to get an idea atleast.

Thanks!

Panny2010 04-28-2017 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by mmcmilla (Post 10802396)
I have a 2010 Panamera Turbo loaded. I have 35k miles on it with about 8 months left on 48 month warranty. It has been quite perfect. Only issues have been petty electronic things, like iPhone connector. Buy it and enjoy. PM me if you like and I'd be happy to talk to you.

hi,
do you still have your 2010 Turbo?
still reliable as ever?
thx!