Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera-167/)
-   -   Hello - New Panamera Owner (https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera/768967-hello-new-panamera-owner.html)

tkdinga 07-30-2013 11:39 PM

Hello - New Panamera Owner

1 Attachment(s)
Just saying Hi to this Forum; I live in ATL and have been a 2012 997-2 Owner for about a year but am trading up to a 2013 Panamera S as the Wife likes the add'l room, it's beautifully engineered, and like someone I work with said, it's "like a Gorilla in a Tuxedo!":burnout:

Agate Grey w/Black Int & Anthracite Birch, Adaptive Air Suspension, Bose, Sport Chrono, Entry & Drive, Premium Pkg., 19" Turbo II Wheels, and a bunch of other goodies I can't remember right now. Even though all 911's are very special cars, this big V8's capabilities just never cease to amaze me.

I got it from Jim Ellis in Atlanta; my 2nd Porsche and 4th Car from them. Great folks, my compliments to those folks as they really worked a great deal for the trade-in on my 911 and pricing on the new Pana, so nothing but kudos to them and a great Sales Rep, Chris Morea.

I have some almost new items from the 911, if anyone is interested in an Aluminum Gas Cap, the original Yellow Side Reflectors (I swapped out for White) or a Covercraft Dustop Car Cover (like a big flannel pajama), just PM me and I'll make you a deal.

Great forum, reading up on old posts to get more familiar w/the new car. Hope the new Pic turns out okay - I'm terrible at that but will try!

rbrenn 07-31-2013 11:07 AM

Congrats! Could you post some interior pics; I'm thinking about ordering the same color combo. Thanks.

Targa Tim 07-31-2013 01:25 PM

Congrats, but going from a 997 this is not trading up.:rolleyes:
Enjoy it. I predict you will get another 911 very soon.;)

ECS Tuning 07-31-2013 01:49 PM

Welcome and congratulations!! The gorilla comment was great. I would also love to see some interior shots when you get a chance. Enjoy ;)

disden 07-31-2013 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Targa Tim (Post 10650905)
Congrats, but going from a 997 this is not trading up.:rolleyes:
Enjoy it. I predict you will get another 911 very soon.;)

Wow, what a nice guy. Any comment on the awful color choice or options chosen?

tkdinga 07-31-2013 11:03 PM

Interior Pics

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the comments everyone. I understand and appreciate the comment that the Pana is not necessarily an upgrade from a 997.2; those are a die-hard breed of 911 fans, I know-I still consider myself to be one of them and expect I'll return to the 911 fold again some day when I don't need the additional room or luxury to go with the sport. But right now I am more than happy w/this car.:thumbup:

To those who were interested in a few interior pics, here are some from the Dealer's listing as I haven't taken some really good ones yet w/my camera. Hope they give some idea of the Anthracite Birch w/black. Think of wood grain which has a combination of tones including black, charcoal, cream, white, and the occasional dab of brown even. It's a very interesting and (I think) tasteful look-

Thanks again for the feedback-

disden 07-31-2013 11:28 PM

Looks fantastic, a great combo of interior/exterior. Very classy. It's a great vehicle, I have had 2 now and couldn't be happier. Enjoy!

MJBird993 08-05-2013 08:37 AM

Very nice! I especially like the birch steering wheel. Congrats on the new car, and welcome to our little forum, tucked away here in the back...

Earlier this year I had both the Panamera S and the 997.2. People would ask me, "if you can have only one, which would you keep?" I never had to think long about it. In fact, I ended up selling the 997. Nice car, but it ain't no Pannie.

Cpa4S 08-05-2013 11:18 AM

i like that wood although the glare can be a bit at times.

tkerrmd 08-06-2013 11:41 AM

beautiful!! Welcome and congrats!!

ECS Tuning 08-06-2013 12:45 PM

That's a beautiful interior. Thank you for posting them ;)

cole328 08-06-2013 04:57 PM

I also have the anthracite birch wood...its gorgeous enjoy my man

Dino V 08-07-2013 01:08 AM

Very nice, congrats and enjoy!