Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Save the Date: MD/DC/VA "Meet and Drive" 4/22/12 Rockville Starbucks 10am :o)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 435 Posts
Default Save the Date: MD/DC/VA "Meet and Drive" 4/22/12 Rockville Starbucks 10am :o)

(An invite from the 993 forum - Hope some of you folks can make it out...)

It's been 6 months since our last local "Meet and Drive" so the next one will be on Sunday, 4/22/12 at 10am at the usual spot, the Rockville, MD Starbucks at the corner of Rockville Pike and Old Georgetown Rd in front of the Toys R Us. (11802 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852). I apologize in advance if that date doesn't work for some of you - it's tough to pick one that everyone can make.

What is a "Meet and Drive"? We meet and chat in the large parking lot starting at 10am till 11:20, then take a spirited 50 minute to 1 hr drive to a lunch spot somewhere in the area. The lunch spot will be the new Founding Farmers at 12505 Park Potomac Ave, Potomac MD, 20854.

They have great options for vegetarians, as well. You can order a delicious burger and fries for $10 or spend more on other options (the Pot roast for $16 is amazing). We have a reservation for 20 people now so if you can make the lunch part of the day PLEASE LET ME KNOW WELL in advance as it's tough to get a seat here at lunch time.

http://www.wearefoundingfarmers.com/park-potomac/

You can show up for the "Meet" only, or do the "Meet and Drive" and not the lunch, or do all 3. Hope to see you all soon!

Reviews: 1.31.12 I have not been this impressed by a restaurant in MD like this in a while!!! Really cool decor and friendly staff. Had the fried chicken and waffles (not normal for me but what the heck) Incredible waffles!!! Cinnamon infused batter and maple syrup! I expected soggy, bland waffles and I was blown away!!! The fried chicken was really good and the gravy hit the spot. No bones except the chicken leg. The veggie of the day was carrots and I dont know what they did to them but it was something European because I have not tasted carrots like these outside of France/Holland... The red velvet cake is a beast of a slice ($8) and not really as velvety as you expect but it tastes real... Like someone actually made it not poured chemicals in just to make it super moist. I loved the cream cheese frosting also

2.20.12 My friend and I decided to visit this restaurant for for brunch/lunch time on Sunday! One of my qualified best places to eat out on Sunday. We tried the unique meals:
1. Eggs Benedict- Pompous meal with a creamy hollandaise sauce. You must know that Making eggs benedict requires careful orchestration.
2. Yankes Roast Pot - world's yummy best entree at the Founding Farmers. It gives me a nostalgia of farm village's meal and you'd enjoy and remember it for a long time. This traditional pot roast bakes with beef pot roast, carrot, onion, celery and potato. it creates a rich, thick broth that you'll want to spoon over mashed potatoes.
3. Red Velvet cake - bestseller's cake and #1 in demand. Of course, it is not a farmer's cake. It mentioned about Georgetown's Red Velvet cake.
We would recommend you to visit Founding Farmers for brunch/lunch on Sunday. Sunday is a perfect friendly and peaceful day for the Founding Farmers restaurant. It is a right place for brunch or lunch if you want your money's worth.

1.5.12 We were seated upstairs. There was 1 other table seated when we got there and by the time we left there was a party of about 10 and another table of 4 upstairs and downstairs was packed. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful and provided us with recommendations. I got the southern fried chicken with collard greens and mac & cheese substituted for the mashed potatoes. Another friend got the same thing but with mashed potatoes, another got the pot roast, another the french dip. Friend that got french dip said it was the best one he had ever had. Pot roast sits on top of mashed potatoes. They don't put the veggies in til the very end of cooking it, so theyre still rather crisp...its so delicious. I took more than a few spoonfuls of this friend's lunch. Southern fried chicken was SO DELICIOUS. I love greens and I absolutely loved the gravy on top. The chicken was very juicy on the outside and I don't think I left one centimeter of skin remaining...it was so crunchy and mmmmm. I am definitely returning sometime soon, and probably for lunch.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 435 Posts

<wet bump>

Hey folks, just a reminder about the Meet and Drive this Sunday. It's probably going to be raining which is awesome. We need the rain and our cars will be fine if they get wet... really. No seriously, they will.

They will not turn into a pumpkin, get ruined or be worth less if they're driven in the rain on Sunday. The added plus is that you don't have to stress about cleaning it the day before, just let it stay dirty and show up for the fun.

See you then and bring your umbrella or rain jacket. It's going to be a blast.

(I'm going to Hershey in the rain tomorrow as well Plan to be there at 845 am for all the Porsche fun)

Quick Reply: Save the Date: MD/DC/VA "Meet and Drive" 4/22/12 Rockville Starbucks 10am :o)