Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

don't buy/ lease a Panamera until you read this!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 10:33 PM
Chaycek
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harlandoc
Ok, I read it. I'm still getting one.
Haha
Old 03-21-2013, 07:45 AM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BCO
I took possession of my 2013 Panamera GTS recently. It's my 5th Porsche and by far the best. Everything from the exhaust sound to the handling is awesome. Folks who have issues with PCM and lock programing need to read the manual.With that said, the radio for certain stations shows the wrong station ID. For example, station 102.5 WDVE in pittsburgh shows up as KDAL??? Not sure if this is a RBDS issue or what. anyone have this issue?
Congrats man...I am jealous! My build date wraps up friday, so now I have another month of waiting pain for my GTS. However, positive comments like this about the car keep me excited. pics?
Old 03-26-2013, 03:25 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by BCO
.... the radio for certain stations shows the wrong station ID. For example, station 102.5 WDVE in pittsburgh shows up as KDAL??? Not sure if this is a RBDS issue or what. anyone have this issue?
I've seen this from time to time. It's the fault of the radio station. In my area, there was a format change because of an ownership change. The new owners apparently used some of their other station equipment or software setup and falsely broadcast irrelevant crap on the ID data channel.

All was rectified after a few weeks of operation and the suffering of numerous complaints from their listeners.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Steele
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@toejam357 In response to your remark II/b, I have a 2012 PT, had it 14 mos. from the beginning there have been randomly lags btwn clutches disengaging and engaging, jolting the car. Took it in last spring, no codes, so nothing was wrong according to the computer. On 3/15/13 I was changing lanes on curvy mountain road in semi heavy traffic, there was approx a 3 sec lag btwn first clutch disengaging and 2nd engaging. The car acted as though it was in neutral w/engine off(the engine wasn't revving), even though I was pushing on the gas peddle. There was an MB S500 coming around the curve from behind heading straight for me. So basically I was drifting into the other lane of oncoming traffic losing speed. When the clutch did engage it jolted the car so hard I suffered a minor whiplash. It was very visible to the other drivers who backed off. The car has been at the dealership 3 wks today and after staying on Porsche's backside they have a field tech coming to look at it, b/c even after this incident no codes came up w/basic diagnostic tests. I had a '10 911 turbo before this and drove 3 other Panameras extensively and all performed like the PDK is professed to perform. This last incident could've resulted in a multi car pile up and possible fatalities. Not all the cars were MBs and Panameras! If you are still experiencing the lags and jerkiness, take it in. I'll also keep you up to date on what they find to be the cause on mine. Sounds like the same thing and could be a problem w/quite a few Panameras.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:17 AM
toejam357
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problems Solved! - with MY2014

Thanks everyone for your passionate comments. The point of my original post was to inform potential buyers to make better-informed purchase decisions because everything i listed before would not be known at the time of a test drive.

Porsche fixed almost everything i complained about --
Last month, a valve broke and the dealership is replacing the entire engine. The loaner Panamera, an MY 2014, seems to have addressed almost all of my complaints (some are not testable due to options differences) except for a few minor ones. I feel very vindicated!

Of course, Porsche didn't fix these things for me =P Panamera continues to be the "sports" option for the "luxury" car market - not a 4-door 911/race car. In that light, i believe they had to make these changes to be competitive with Maserati Quattroporte, Bentley Flying Spur and AMG S63.

Porsche is now back in my "good books".

Quick Reply: don't buy/ lease a Panamera until you read this!!