Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Previously Owned Panamera Value in 5 Years?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 07:08 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The Panamera will follow the Cayenne depreciation curve more than the Carrera curve, simply due to (over)production numbers.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Interesting thread to revive.
I had ordered a V6 for my wife, but she saw it in white and said "no"..
You ordered a car for the wife and didn't consult with her on at least the color?

Most women would have said 'no' just on principle alone.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:35 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy V
You ordered a car for the wife and didn't consult with her on at least the color?

He did the proper thing and tried to "sell" to the wife a done deal.
Consulting with her, would have meant her actually seeing the Panamera..
A no go for sure. : )
Old 07-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy V

I went to some lengths to ensure the car was built to the desired spec, only the desire shifted in the course of the three or four months before it arrived. I have the email exchanges (including photos) where we pondered various options (V8 vs V6 vs Turbo, usefulness for longer trips and dogs, aesthetics) but somehow, in restrospect, I made an assumption about color. At one point, we'd borrowed various Panameras from the local dealer for a total of about two months. Black and white cars, some various cabin trims and options. When asked about Black, there was a "much prefer the white, don't want to live with a dirty, hot, black car again, not for around town, maybe a Murcielago in black, yes, but a Panamera, no" conclusion. Only I took that to mean white was fine, but it actually meant "what other colors, surely Porsche makes the Panamera in all the colors of the rainbow" ... but just because they can punch out the Boxster or Cayman in 20 shades doesn't mean they'll offer anything sensible in the Panamera ... when confronted with various purple, beige and not much in-between, well, the die was cast. My mistake. Even today, aside from the gray exclusive to the Panamera Turbo S, there's just no "great" color (Meteor Gray, Atlas Gray, both look great to me) for a family sedan in the Panamera line-up. We can see the popularity and resale value of the purple, the various blues, they all sit on the lot and rot, so picking one up would likely be a mistake when it comes time to flip to the next model.

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
He did the proper thing and tried to "sell" to the wife a done deal.
Consulting with her, would have meant her actually seeing the Panamera..
A no go for sure. : )
Ironically, it was my wife selling me on a done deal, if anything. She was the one who didn't want another SUV (or the Cayenne Turbo would have been a slam dunk, but we already have the Benz GL diesel, which is all round the far better choice for us.) It seems that the trend locally (Northern California) has been away from the "yet another SUV" and towards the unusual sedans and hard top cabriolets. No more Benz E class, no BMW 3 or 5 Series, etc. And the SUV is "done" as far as the suburban well-heeled types. Or so it seems to me. I see the Cayenne still sells well, but that's a product of short supply and a customer base -- every other SUV is languishing in a pool of its own 16 mpg making.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:43 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Adam do the right thing.. : )
Attached Images  
Old 08-13-2011, 11:03 AM
sweet928
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Harvey Yancey
Even though we hold these cars near and dear to our hearts ... at the end of the day they are just cars and will depreciate according to what the market says. I personally think an 'S' will probably be in the mid-30's.
Much like the 928's. $88k new and $25k (at the dealer) seven years later with 22k miles. I know because that was my first 928. When Pan's get in the 30's, I'll buy one with glee. In fact, I'm counting on it!

Quick Reply: Previously Owned Panamera Value in 5 Years?