Panamera 2010-Current

Turbo Taxed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2021, 12:38 PM
Jef Rue
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Taxed?

Just recently went to the local Porsche dealership (Porsche Lincolnwood) to purchase a replacement fuel cap for my PTT because I was having a P0456 code. I was shocked when the parts guy said it would be $95 dollars. I was shocked because 4 months earlier I had purchased the exact same part number fuel cap from the same dealership for my now sold Panamera 4S and it was only $42. After I relayed this fact to the parts salesperson, and he realized I was about to walk (and order online), he said he'll see what he could do. He came back and then said it would be $60. Sensing that I was still ready to walk, he said, "OK, the best I can do is %50 off". I agreed and eventually purchased it for $50 after taxes. So the moral of the story is to not only negotiate on the sales floor but also at the parts counter because they will screw you by any means possible.

Old 11-10-2021, 10:04 AM
Shuga
Rennlist Member

Received 639 Likes on 452 Posts

They're all commission based sales people. Even service is the same thing. The service writers are making a 100k+ a year bc of the crap they try to sell you

Quick Reply: Turbo Taxed?