Panamera 2010-Current

Getting the best deal on a 4S

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Luca42
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting the best deal on a 4S

As necessary background, I was not thinking about getting a new car at the beginning of last month. But things change quickly. One, my employer is transferring me to the East Coast (currently in So. Cal.), just in time for winter. Two, I think I am nearing the end with my beloved AMG after recent transmission issues. Three, I was foolish enough to drive the 4S about two weeks ago! These and some other factors mean that I have been trying to rationalize why I need a 4S ever since.

The move will be hectic as I am moving to a metropolitan area where I have no prior experience (DC). I get paid to ask the right questions and I have so many thoughts bouncing around in my head about this. I hope any of you will share your insight about the following. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

1. Should I buy now or wait until after the move?
2. Should I concentrate on a 2010 or a 2011?
3. Generally, what is the best approach to getting the best price from a dealer?
4. What's the best deal that you've heard of for these cars?
5. Do most people buy or lease their Panameras?

Thanks.

L
Old 10-04-2010, 05:25 PM
ricster
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM me.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:19 PM
JAX GT3
Instructor

Default Opinions??

Think about getting a used 4S. You'll have a 6 year / 100,000 mile warranty and save at least $12,000 with only about 6,000 miles or so.

There is plenty of selection.

Also think about a used Turbo!!

Cheers, JohnnyB
Old 10-04-2010, 08:13 PM
ricster
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM me again, your information didn't get properly sent.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:14 PM
rmapson
Advanced

My .02 cents...NoVa (Northern VA), DC, Southern Maryland is a saturated market as far as Porsche dealerships are concerned...Great deals to be had with a little work...I got mine by looking at the major players in the area and then by going to a local up-start got a even sweeter deal...If moving from a AMG consider a Turbo...My colleague and friend has a 2010 AMG E63...He test drove a Turbo after taking delivery and has been shaking his head ever since...And he is a die-hard AMG guy thru and thru
Old 10-04-2010, 10:20 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Try this, I couldnt believe how many are for sale on DuPont. I know I saw a turbo for like $125K I think
Old 10-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Luca42
AutoX

Originally Posted by rmapson
My .02 cents...NoVa (Northern VA), DC, Southern Maryland is a saturated market as far as Porsche dealerships are concerned...Great deals to be had with a little work...I got mine by looking at the major players in the area and then by going to a local up-start got a even sweeter deal...If moving from a AMG consider a Turbo...My colleague and friend has a 2010 AMG E63...He test drove a Turbo after taking delivery and has been shaking his head ever since...And he is a die-hard AMG guy thru and thru
rmapson -- thanks for the information. i'm trying to firm up my arrival date, but I should be in DC permanently by the end of this year (i.e., early December). That may be an excellent time to get a really good deal. I will probably be scouting for places to live in a week or so, so I may take some time to visit the dealers then as well.

The funny thing is that I can understand your friend's remorse completely. I've been happy with my AMG but the 4S test drive reminded me that there is more to driving satisfaction than numbers and HP. Right now, I don't know if I want to spend the extra to get the Turbo and the 4S felt just fine. That said, if I find an awesome deal, who knows. Judging by the reactions on this board, no one seems disappointed with their choice!
Old 10-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Luca42
AutoX

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Try this, I couldnt believe how many are for sale on DuPont. I know I saw a turbo for like $125K I think

Oldguy, Thanks for the reference. I hope they have the same roster as I get closer to my move. I can see a couple that would make a really interesting draw to fly out and drive it home!
Old 10-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Luca42
AutoX

Originally Posted by ricster
PM me again, your information didn't get properly sent.
Sent. Not sure if the PM is working properly. Please let me know.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:02 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

well, I am looking at the Pan again. Let me know if there are deals to be had on the remaining 2010's.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:43 AM
Forgeahead
AutoX

There are certainly deals to be had on 2010s. The only problem is getting the options you want. In DC, a 4 will be helpful, as will heated steering wheel and seats. You will not regret your choice to get a Panamera.

Quick Reply: Getting the best deal on a 4S