Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Porsche Sales up 137%, thanks Panamera!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 04:56 AM
leonard928
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Top Gear boys drove one, from one end of England to the other, while chasing a lettter posted on the same day. It certainly shows the panamera's positive aspects and performance. Well worth watching.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:10 AM
macfly4
Rennlist Member

very nice chuck. one question....what is your opinion on the console buttons? I remember reading in some review that people didnt love them so much, felt they were a bit too numerous.
Seems there are many that could be difficult to distinguish by feel without taking your eyes off the road for too long.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by MattCarp
Looking at the car online, I had to get used to it, but when I actually sat in one at the dealer and fired it up, it was exciting.

Not that anyone is asking, but my reactions:

- The center console is a bit big and heavy I feel it's one of the best styling points of the interior. Very well done.
- Headrest styling was a little distracting If you're referring to the rear headrests you're right. Although reward visibility is terrible. We got the back up camera and parking sensors. I couldn't imagine trying to back up without it.....
- Wheelbase seems just a little too long It's certainly longer than other Porsches but with PDCC and Air Suspension it handles like a sportscar. Simply amazing!!
+ Has a great sound and feels pretty powerful (I didn't actually drive it) You really should drive one. That's all it took for us......
+ Build quality seems really good; it's what you'd expect outstanding build quality

I prefer the 928 styling - a little more compact and sporty looking. However, the Panamera is a nice car. I do think the styling grows on you. For me, when I first saw a 928, the styling was so unique and so smooth, it was love at first sight! After washing this car a couple times I can tell you that the rear haunches remind me of a 928.... I absolutely love the cars styling.

After you have a 928 () I think the question is, what else would you consider in the same class? 750? S-class? or a P4S? Had both of the ones you mention.....
Originally Posted by macfly4
very nice chuck. one question....what is your opinion on the console buttons? I remember reading in some review that people didnt love them so much, felt they were a bit too numerous.
Seems there are many that could be difficult to distinguish by feel without taking your eyes off the road for too long.
True there are a lot of buttoms however, most of them are rarely used. The only buttons I ever use are the sport exhaust and the sport button. There are buttons for heated seats, rear shade, sport plus and traction control.... Living with the car for a while I really don't see that as an issue at all.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:38 AM
kccampro
Pro

wow... I just so dislike that car
Old 07-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 150 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by kccampro
Remember that 911 owners disliked the 928 just as much... and many still do.

These cars are all very polarizing - you love them or hate them. But if you love them, you are willing to open your wallet and pay what it costs. A Porsche that leaves potential buyers indifferent would not be good for the company.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Bertrand Daoust
Rennlist Member

Received 1,322 Likes on 500 Posts

Wow!
What a nice car you got there Chuck.
Fell in love with the Pan. the minute I saw one for real at a Porsche dealer intoduction show.

Realy love to own one someday. Never know!

GREAT COLOR TOO!
Attached Images  
Old 07-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

very polarizing car no doubt. Some people feel this way about our 928s too.....

Originally Posted by Bertranddaoust
Wow!
What a nice car you got there Chuck.
Fell in love with the Pan. the minute I saw one for real at a Porsche dealer intoduction show.

Realy love to own one someday. Never know!

GREAT COLOR TOO!
Thanks Bertrand, kinda the same color as your 928!
Old 07-02-2010, 12:07 PM
blown 87
Rest in Peace
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicole
Remember that 911 owners disliked the 928 just as much... and many still do.

These cars are all very polarizing - you love them or hate them. But if you love them, you are willing to open your wallet and pay what it costs. A Porsche that leaves potential buyers indifferent would not be good for the company.
Dislike is such a mild word for what many feel.

I let a 911 turbo owner drive my car this week, and I do not think he was impressed at all.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:22 PM
vtc4198
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chuck Z
Prolly Yachting Blue.... I do a search from time to time for aqua blue and there are only a couple FS in the entire country right now. Couple in CA and one at Ellis in Atlanta. Yachting blue was the launch car color and there are quite a few of that color out there too. Relatively speaking that is.

[edit] some pics of the inside:

Beautiful car! I am a huge fan of blue and I think it looks great on the panamera.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:00 PM
macfly4
Rennlist Member

The panamera is just screaming for a racing green with tan interior....
i would take one in a heartbeat.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:33 PM
vtc4198
Rennlist Member

There is a blue Panamera Turbo in the new issue of car and driver.
They like the car
Old 07-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Took the Panny to Cars and Coffee today and the people that came up to talk about the car was simply amazing. I know there are those that don't care b/c of the design but I think the number of people who feel differently definitely out number the them..... I literally couldn't walk away to check out the other cars at the event for people coming up and commenting and wanting to see the car.... It was great fun!

Here's a couple pics from this morning (it was about the time everything was breaking up......)

I LOVE this car!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Tom. M
Deleted
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 120 Posts

I love the front, love the front lines, love the interior, but I think the designers went to lunch and had too many beers and then designed the rear... Ugly......

Hey..lets take the boxster rear and just make it more bulbous

Now here is what the 4 door Porsche should have looked like

Last edited by Tom. M; 12-14-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tom. M
I love the front, love the front lines, love the interior, but I think the designers went to lunch and had too many beers and then designed the rear... Ugly......

Hey..lets take the boxster rear and just make it more bulbous

Now here is what the 4 door Porsche should have looked like
Thanks Tom. Couldn't have gone on without your thoughts on this one. You and I seem to disagree on about everything don't we........ Happy 4th!
Old 07-03-2010, 07:49 PM
redpathtribe
Rennlist Member

Chuck,

Car looks great! Beautiful color and wheel combo, very classy. I know pictures just don't do these cars justice. I too was initially put off a bit by the rear design... until I saw one in person. You just don't notice what appears in pictures to be a "hump" in the roof line when you see it in real life. The lines really do flow nicely.

Driving to work the other day, I came up behind one and didn't even realize what it was initially, only that I knew it was a Porsche, but the taillights looked set a little bit high... then, DOH!, it's a Panamera! Guess I wasn't fully awake yet...

Quick Reply: Porsche Sales up 137%, thanks Panamera!