Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

New Panamera S owner - with questions..

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 04:15 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Panamera S owner - with questions..

Hello all. Been lurking on this board for quite some time. During this past week, I traded out of my 2009 Quattroporte for a Panamera S. I am thrilled to say the least. What an awesome car. By way of background, I've been a Bimmer driver for the best part of 18 years, all 5's and 7's including the E65 and E60. I had never been a P car lover as I've always needed 4 seats. When I test drove a 4S, my reaction was that it handles great, but from a start, it needed alot of effort, almost like stop and go was on, but not equipped on that car. Settled for an S, and couldn't be happier (maybe a turbo in the future).. I have a couple of initial questions, hope to get some clarity:

1. PDK sometimes, from a start, shutters just a drop. Nothing alarming, but not nearly as smooth as other gears.. is this normal? is there a software update for this?
2. Wheels/tires - got the Turbo I 19" with Michelin PS2. Nice. thinking of going 20" turbo II, but don't want to compromise ride quality the way it is. thoughts?
3. car equipped with Front/Rear Park sensors, but no camera.. this is one option I wanted.. hoping to retrofit it in. I have to imagine it's already prewired and PCM 3.1 is capable, just buy the camera, install, and perhaps have dealer reprogram car?
4. Bose stereo is perfectly fine. It is much better than the QP Bose, and a tad better than the BMW premium Logic 7. Burmester would have been overkill for me.
5. Looking for a proper ECU tune when available. Evomsit should have something soon, but looks like Porsche threw 'em all for a loop with the new ECU..
6. anything else you guys can offer as feedback or ideas, or suggestions to fully enjoy the experience?

Basalt Black
Cognac natural leather

NO air suspension, NO PDCC, No sport chrono.. I'm not tracking.

Did I mention I love the car?!!!!

I will be posting this exact message on other Porsche forums in the hopes of full coverage, pardon the dupes...

thanks -

Andy
Old 05-30-2010, 04:23 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats. It is great and the engine shut off worked well for me in ****ty traffic in LA, SFO, and Seattle/

1: it will learn your driving and should smooth out.
2: I have 20 spider wheels with PS2s. Perfect for me. Put winter tires on the 19". If you need them.
3:???
Old 06-01-2010, 05:48 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Pics or GTFO
Old 06-01-2010, 06:17 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is fun.... even in this big pig. Brakes do not last but it is worth once a year.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:50 AM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blk on blk
Pics or GTFO
not too sure what GTFO is, but I think I know

will take some shots this week. Just had her detailed today too.. Wow, she looks great.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:47 AM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wassy
not too sure what GTFO is, but I think I know

will take some shots this week. Just had her detailed today too.. Wow, she looks great.

Great. Look forward to seeing it! Congrats on the new beauty.

Quick Reply: New Panamera S owner - with questions..