Panamera 2010-Current

I am movin' on over from a 997!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 06:59 PM
tkids
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am movin' on over from a 997!

2011s are ready to be ordered! I just placed an order on a 2011 P4S for delivery...hopefully end of June!

Just want to let all know that 2011s are being made in May, that is the P4S, I can confirm for sure. No pricing as of yet. FYI!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:02 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

congrats!!! I am thinking the same thing, but I gotta have the turbo! I am waiting until year end, then probably going to pull the trigger and trade both cars on the turbo. Good luck and I am looking to hear about the 'transition'! How about some details on your order!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:10 PM
tkids
Pro

Thanks, well since you ask. Here is the specs:

4S
Carbon Grey Met.
luxor beige
parkassist with rear camera
sport exhaust
adaptive air suspension
Sports chrono plus
variable assist power steering (2011?)
20" 911 Turbo II wheels
ski bag or...... 40/20/40 split seat
heated seats front/back
seat ventilation front
power sunscreen rear side windows
retractable luggage compart
birch anthracite interior pack
bluetooth (2011?)
Bose
Universal audio interface (2011?)

Don't think I mixed anything!!!

Well make sure you keep us updated on your move too!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

crested headrests and paint the rear apron

i love the carbon grey

if you go for those wheels, you have to pay for them and pay for a set of snows later. so why not stick with the free stock 18's and use them for winter and pop for new 20's seperatley?
Old 04-20-2010, 09:56 AM
tkids
Pro

Originally Posted by Cpa4S
crested headrests and paint the rear apron

i love the carbon grey

if you go for those wheels, you have to pay for them and pay for a set of snows later. so why not stick with the free stock 18's and use them for winter and pop for new 20's seperatley?
I thought about the Crested HR, but didn't do it in my C4S and opt'ed not to in this car, but it did cross my mind with the luxor beige. I really like the Turbo2s and if I buy them after the fact, around 6800, with car 3300. I just saw 18s OEM rims on ebay for 560 for a set, so if I do it that way a cheaper route. Thanks for your opinion. Why the mention of the crests? Painted rear apron?? Got to go check it out????

I really like to stay with OEM stuff.

Last edited by tkids; 04-20-2010 at 09:57 AM. Reason: miss item
Old 04-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

you can't get crested head rests in these later as not a removable headrest like the Cayenne - i love the detail and it really is cheap. you don't get to see yours, but the passenger's is always there.

the rear apron painted body colour really pulls the rear end together and catches the rounded shape imo. it just tucks the *** end in better.

you are right, used OEM 18's are pretty cheap if you get the right buy. the HRE wheel out there in pic's is pretty hot and though i agree about OEM, i think they are a pretty good company.

see my post about paddle shifters to replace the PDK buttons?
Old 04-20-2010, 10:04 PM
tkids
Pro

you can't get crested head rests in these later as not a removable headrest like the Cayenne - i love the detail and it really is cheap. you don't get to see yours, but the passenger's is always there.

the rear apron painted body colour really pulls the rear end together and catches the rounded shape imo. it just tucks the *** end in better.

you are right, used OEM 18's are pretty cheap if you get the right buy. the HRE wheel out there in pic's is pretty hot and though i agree about OEM, i think they are a pretty good company.

see my post about paddle shifters to replace the PDK buttons?

I was on the fence about the crested headrests, but I checked at the dealership today just to be certain, they are great, but I have a build philosophy of little fluff and spend it on what makes a driving diffence, plus the seats get sooo narrow that I won't miss it!

Now, not sure about the Apron, but wouldn't it make the rear look that much bigger, I thought that it and the diffuser would break it up so the Butt doesn't look too round!?!?!

I would want shifters if it was a 997 etc, but I enjoyed having my left arm on the armrest and finger on the trigger, was perfect!! But I will read your shifter post as you never know!!!!

Thanks for the input, keeps me thinking
Old 04-21-2010, 01:09 AM
phonetics
Advanced

so ur build philosophy won't allow u to upgrade to Bose stereo and keyless options? i just had my 4S for 2 weeks now... they are a must to have...
Old 04-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

tkids - drop the rear camera part of the park assist and allocate those funds.

i found they were both good systems and wouldn't pay the extra.

i also liked shifting with the stick because it is soooh close to the wheel - i just really really hate those Porsche buttons - spouses A3 with DSG has way cooler shifters than the Pano

did you consider the slightly darker biege leather - easier to look after?
Old 04-21-2010, 11:32 AM
kcturbo
Advanced

I have had my Panamera Turbo for a week. I would NOT drop the rear camera. I use it every time I back up.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:58 PM
tkids
Pro

Originally Posted by phonetics
so ur build philosophy won't allow u to upgrade to Bose stereo and keyless options? i just had my 4S for 2 weeks now... they are a must to have...
Yes, that is my philosophy. But with my C4S the stereo was so bad, that I am opting for the Bose this time. Keyless, no, why a must have?
Old 04-21-2010, 01:03 PM
tkids
Pro

tkids - drop the rear camera part of the park assist and allocate those funds.

i found they were both good systems and wouldn't pay the extra.

i also liked shifting with the stick because it is soooh close to the wheel - i just really really hate those Porsche buttons - spouses A3 with DSG has way cooler shifters than the Pano

did you consider the slightly darker biege leather - easier to look after?
I agree with you on the paddle shifters as my wife's TTS has the proper paddle shifter for the DSG and like them alot. I wonder if Porsche will add that to the option list for 2011??

Interior color, trying to stay away from the upgrade that would allow the variation in color.

Camera may pay for itself. Big blind spot right there!
Old 04-21-2010, 05:01 PM
rmapson
Advanced

Originally Posted by tkids
2011s are ready to be ordered! I just placed an order on a 2011 P4S for delivery...hopefully end of June!

Just want to let all know that 2011s are being made in May, that is the P4S, I can confirm for sure. No pricing as of yet. FYI!
There was a rumor on here that the 2011 Turbo's wouldn't be built until August...but I have a May build date...late June delivery date too!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 07:22 PM
tkids
Pro

I saw that rumor too. I asked that question to the dealership and they were not aware of any reason why as it is built on the same line. Not sure why Porsche would be have on their system May 2011 builds and not build them till August? Not sure where the rumor started or the source???
Old 04-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kcturbo
I have had my Panamera Turbo for a week. I would NOT drop the rear camera. I use it every time I back up.
the standard rear assist still shows a "picture" in the screen and conveys the proximity in a better way imo - personal though.

but - - in the winter in snow land zones my guess is it would be more useful than a snow covered camera lens unless it can switch between lens mode and standard computer generated proximity?

Quick Reply: I am movin' on over from a 997!