Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Ordered my 2011 Panamera Turbo!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 09:18 PM
rmapson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question: 8.25% APR for 84 mos...To high???
Old 04-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rmapson
Question: 8.25% APR for 84 mos...To high???
Hmm, sounds high to me, but I've never gone beyond 60 months.

My buddy with an A8 keeps nudging me to get an S.
Of course I would want the Turbo, ha.

On the build date, can you bug your dealer rep, you might "back out" if they can't make your date?
Nothing to lose it seems.

I once bought a nice special-build Audi for a great price after the ordering client bailed on it after the date pushed.....

I've driven a couple of the Panamera models, they are really special cars imho...
Old 05-12-2010, 10:15 PM
westaustin45
AutoX

I took delivery of a 2010 911 turbo in March and will pick up a 2010 pan turbo tomorrow. Will let you know what the drive difference is, but i can tell you its going to be hard to beat the 911. That car is just amazing. I have had several turbos over the years (still have a RUF Turbo R in the garage), but the 997.2 turbo defies description. If you need the extra doors, get the pan turbo. If you dont, get in line for the twin - you wont be dissapointed.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:51 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by westaustin45
I took delivery of a 2010 911 turbo in March and will pick up a 2010 pan turbo tomorrow. Will let you know what the drive difference is, but i can tell you its going to be hard to beat the 911. That car is just amazing. I have had several turbos over the years (still have a RUF Turbo R in the garage), but the 997.2 turbo defies description. If you need the extra doors, get the pan turbo. If you dont, get in line for the twin - you wont be dissapointed.
get ready to hold on when that freight train gets to hauling *ss!!
Old 05-13-2010, 01:44 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by royalpar1
I have been looking at the Panamera Turbo, I currently drive a 06-C2 with F77 package, ....FAST. I have looked at the new Masserati Cab as well as the Bentley. Bentley not in the same leauge, Masserati is beautiful but am suspect to use as a daily driver. Has any one here come out of a 911 into the Panamera ? I am curious about the difference in the drive. I am also thinking i should wait for a Panamera Cab. Thoughts ?
I came from 80,000+ miles on my last 2 GT3. If you are looking for a big 911 that is not what this car is. It is the best sedan I have ever had and I do not regret the move. I keep the spor exhaust on and it is at least in sport mode. We have a SL for our convertable and I will have another 911 for basically track use. RSA with 3.8. Take one for an extended test drive. My dealer gave me one for an over night demo.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:18 AM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default West Austin

Originally Posted by westaustin45
I just moved to Austin and I am looking for advice on dealers or shops in the area for service........please pm me what experiences you have had, I had a great support structure in Dallas......I had a tire guy, brake guy, and detail guy........

Thanks West Austin.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:51 PM
rmapson
Advanced

Originally Posted by TAch Miami
I doubt it will be early.

When I checked on my dealer allocations last week, he said that 2011 Panamera turbos will be built after the August plant closure and deliveries will begin no earlier than September or October. Another dealer told me the same thing.
You were right...I got the bad news today!
Old 05-19-2010, 04:13 AM
capedsegwayrider
5th Gear

Does anyone know what's the deal with PTV Plus on the 2011 models? It's are available on Panamera and Panamera 4, and on the German configurator it's available for all the other models as well, but there is no information on the US and UK websites.

On the German configurator this is a separate option from the existing electronic differential lock. It transfers torque between the two rear wheels, but since it's PTV+ (and not regular PTV), it probably uses a torque transfer differential like the one on the new Cayenne (instead of braking the inner wheel like the 997.2 turbo).
Old 05-26-2010, 05:44 PM
TAch Miami
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You were right...I got the bad news today!
It sure took a while for them to tell you.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:56 PM
porscheprestige
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes, you can pick it up in Leipzig and drive it around Europe for up to 2 weeks then they ship it to the dealer...I was going to do that but my build date is May and I can't fit a vacation in my schedule until August but I don't want to wait that long to drive it!!!

From what I know it's up to 6 months...
Old 08-05-2010, 09:19 AM
rmapson
Advanced

UPDATE: My crappy dealer sent me a email...car should arrive August 15th "or there about"...Anywho, the wait continues
Old 08-15-2010, 08:42 PM
rmapson
Advanced

I might be being a a-hole so any feedback would be appreciated...My Panamera saga continues...Car arrived at the dock in Baltimore this weekend along with 2011 Panamera Turbo...Which is the car I ordered from the beginning...The 2011 is almost identical to the car I ordered EXCLUDING PCCB and Red Dials...they added Adaptive Cruise Control and Sport Exhaust...They want me to take delivery of the 2010 that they moved me up in the que to get because they didn't know when the 2011's would be built...And low and behold the 2011 arrived at the exact same time...They don't know that I know all this info...I'm thinking hugh discount on the 2010!!!
Old 08-16-2010, 01:25 PM
tkids
Pro

I might be being a a-hole so any feedback would be appreciated...My Panamera saga continues...Car arrived at the dock in Baltimore this weekend along with 2011 Panamera Turbo...Which is the car I ordered from the beginning...The 2011 is almost identical to the car I ordered EXCLUDING PCCB and Red Dials...they added Adaptive Cruise Control and Sport Exhaust...They want me to take delivery of the 2010 that they moved me up in the que to get because they didn't know when the 2011's would be built...And low and behold the 2011 arrived at the exact same time...They don't know that I know all this info...I'm thinking hugh discount on the 2010!!!
Take the 2011. My 2 cents!! What a nightmare! I actually think you would like the sound of the exhaust as much is missing from the rear in the way of sound without it! Adaptive cruise, might enjoy it with all the "Jerky" drivers out their that can't keep their speed constant! Ask for your original deal with the 2011!! Your not at all being an Ahole!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:44 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the 2011 car. They want you to take the 2010 because it will be harder to sell since the 2011's are coming in.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:06 PM
rmapson
Advanced

I know! This guys are the worst F'n people I have ever dealt with. When I 1st inquired about the 11 they said it was in "Planned Production". When I said it had a VIN# they said "It was already sold". Then the story changed to "somebody else has shown interest".

I've ONLY been given 5% off MSRP "because I ordered it". I told them the price has changed because the 2011's are out. After a very heated exchanged they knocked an extra $2k off. Not sure I'm going to take it since I've been waiting since March and there attitude blows!!! Really leaning toward walking away to be honest and buying from another dealer.

Quick Reply: Ordered my 2011 Panamera Turbo!!!