Panamera 2010-Current

Advice for a buyer

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 05:40 PM
dadc4s
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Advice for a buyer

Putting together an order for a Panamera C4S for April delivery. Planning on getting the performance options including PDCC with air suspension and sport chrono. Thinking of Platinum silver or Carbon Grey with Black interior. Have a few questions for any owners or others with informed opinions...
1. Which interior trim? leaning toward Aluminium, carbon fibre or anthracite birch.

2. Do I need the backup camera?
3. Which wheels? Is an upgrade from the standard 18s necessary?
If money was no option, would go for the burmester but will settle for bose.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get the front/rear back up w/o camera - i found it worked really well

get 20" spyder wheels - $3k or $4k but good looking in the flesh

bose and sport exhaust - adds up to the same $ but combined create better sound!
Old 12-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

I'm with Cpa4S on this one, bose and sport exhaust instead of Burmester. All of the wheels are better looking than the 18's i think, so if you care about wheels at all, upgrade them.

I'd go with the aluminum trim with a black interior. Seems to be the consensus around my showroom.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:07 PM
dadc4s
Instructor

thanks gents, good advice I'm sure. I especially like the idea of the sport exhaust....who needs the burmester with a Porsche V8 symphony available. Like the idea of aluminium trim as well....off to the dealer for the negotiations.....
Old 12-22-2009, 12:45 AM
speedread
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It isn't what you asked, but I went for the Burmester and the sport exhaust. I've talked to someone who is an audiophile who heard both the burmester in the car and Burmester's home system which costs thousands more. Both sounded great and equal. You can turn off the sport exhaust when you want music only.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:55 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

+1

You can add the Sport Exhaust.... but you can't add the Burmester.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

I didn't recommend the Burmester for the same reason I don't recommend the sport buckets on the sports cars. You either know you want it, or you don't want it. For the average person who likes to listen to good quality, loud, music, the Bose is fine. For an audiophile, why would you even ask the question. get the Burmester, it is the best you can get a car today.

Time for a shameless holiday plug.. If it doesn't work out with your local dealer, give me a call.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I have listened to both back to back many many times and yes the Bermester system is a lot better. Still it’s a hefty price and unless you're a true audiophile it’s not going to be worth it. The other case to be made for Bermester is that it’s the only piece of Bermester equipment you can buy for 6k. The next cheapest piece they sell is a 12k cd player. Some people need to say they have a Bermester system since the home version run hundreds of thousands.

You hit the high notes, with the PDCC system and Sports Chrono. Forget the backup camera the sensors are more useable. The sports exhaust give it a nasty growl but the 20’s IMO are money well spent.
I had a client who did one in Carbon Gray with espresso leather and the walnut package and hands down its been the best looking one come through here.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

much of the music media delivery medium is not up to the quality of that stereo

on another note - alfie - i am looking at a loaded 4S - black full leather - with the aluminum trim and my offer was conditional on switching it for the black birch - having been able to borrow the car for a few days i have to agree that the aluminum trim really does go well with the overall feel of the car.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:14 PM
speedread
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cpa4S
much of the music media delivery medium is not up to the quality of that stereo........
So, I keep obnoxiously asking, Can you get an ipod, using Apple Lossless, (or possibly 256 bit itunes), to sound like a CD on the Bermester using the direct conections available in the Panamera?
Old 12-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by speedread
So, I keep obnoxiously asking, Can you get an ipod, using Apple Lossless, (or possibly 256 bit itunes), to sound like a CD on the Bermester using the direct conections available in the Panamera?
not being an IPOD owner, i have no idea what you are even asking
Old 12-27-2009, 12:47 PM
dadc4s
Instructor

Have an appointment tomorrow at 10 with the salesman at the local dealer. Looking to order a Panamera 4S for April delivery. Platinum Silver with standard Black interior and seats, carbon fiber trim, heated steering wheel. Air suspension with PDCC, Sport chrono,sports exhaust, Bose with Ipod and XM radio. Hope to get 10K off the list price with options...we'll see how it goes...really want the car but if I can't get a nice discount off the sticker, I can't swing it....wish me luck.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:12 PM
dadc4s
Instructor

Met with the dealer this AM. The most he was willing to offer me was 7.5K off the sticker with all the options. The sticker price was almost 115K. I told him I needed at least 10K off as that was basically the difference between the invoice price and the sticker without options, and I was willing to give them all the profit on the 20K worth of options I wanted. I walked out but we will see if they reconsider.
Alfie, feel free to PM me if you can do better....
Old 12-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

PM sent..
Old 12-29-2009, 11:57 PM
phonetics
Advanced

Originally Posted by Trader220
I had a client who did one in Carbon Gray with espresso leather and the walnut package and hands down its been the best looking one come through here.
given the round shape of the car in general, i would avoid any brown tone at all.. it makes the car look like a piece of shxt.. actually carbon grey is a good color itself, but does not look good on panamera and it makes the car look dirty and dusty when bad weather.. i ordered basalt black + black for mine and the only alternative i have considered is white + black...

Quick Reply: Advice for a buyer