Love the lines
BIG car.......a true grand touring machine

now, I have to talk the wife into one.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:12 PM
MFC996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by docjackson1
do you really think that this car will give you "90% of the driving experience" of a c2s? compare it to a 7 series bimmer, an s class mercedes if you will-i think you are being a bit unrealistic about what this car is.
Dude check out the reviews you can drop your wife and kids off at the mall and take this thing out on the back roads and just flog it for a couple hours and barely notice the difference. If you're at the track sure but real world this car blows the doors off any sedan out there including the M5 and E63. It is the real deal.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I saw it today, and I am in the market for a new sedan. I was disappointed by the storage space/trunk. You can't even get a single golf bag back there without removing the woods, etc. The salesman said you could get the ski sack and put the dirver/woods in there, or put the back seats down. But then, you couldn't get four people in the car.

In the end, he said it's about "four people enjoying the sports car experience". I think it's about looking at another car. It's just not the right compromise. I'd rather have the new Audi A8. If I want four doors, I want to be able to carry all four of them with all their luggage. For the sports car experience, I'll drive a sports car.

It does look better in person, and they may sell a few, but for a C4S at $114,000, or the TT at $150 optioned out, it makes no sense to me no matter how it drives.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Mirador
8th Gear

Default Melbourne CBD !

Sitting bang in the Lobby of the office building 120 Collins - beautiful in white

Old 10-15-2009, 08:57 AM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 148 Posts

My local "Welcome to the Family" event last night was pretty crowded, at least 100 people. I agree that the car looks much better in person than in the photographs, even the rear. Lots of positive comments from the attendees. I'm not currently in the market for another car, but in a few years, who knows?
Old 10-23-2009, 11:56 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

wheres the pics of Ana
Old 10-24-2009, 01:26 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I saw it last friday. To me it looked EXACTLY as I saw it in the pics. In fact the back end was more bulgy than the pics. I didnt run in to start the paerwork.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:26 AM
BigLou
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Saw it at the Tampa Auto Show today. It looks a lot better in the flesh than online or in a magazine.

Sadly, it was the only P-Car at the show.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:01 AM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 350 Likes on 208 Posts

I finally saw it in the flesh too. I think it looks much better and I wouldn't even call it ugly anymore. The one I examined was macadamia with the 20 inch wheels. I loved the color.

I still think it's a very awkward looking car with what I call Korean design touches (the cheesy side scallop and strip of chrome on the back). But what hurts it the most is the C piller. Remember when Jaguar created a 2+2 XKE by scaling up what is arguably the most beautiful C piller in existence? It looked odd and never sold very well- the resale values reflect that too.

That's what Porsche did here- and it just doesn't work. When you add that to the Corvette like front end, scalloped slab sides and a bulbous rear you end up with a weird looking car.

But it is imposing and very large. And it appears to be superbly built, very high quality materials and superb fit and finish.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:08 PM
dadc4s
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

I saw it for the first time today myself. I would agree with those that say it it looks betterin person but it is not a beautiful car. It is also not an ugly car and it has a functional, purposeful look that is endearing. It is also quite a large car and the rear seat is very comfortable for my large 6ft long frame. I saw a totally loaded turbo for $136K and if money were no object I would buy it. It is certainly a wonderful car. The interior was terrific and it does seem to be built to a very high standard beyond what Mercedes or BMW are offereing in that regard. I think this car competes very well with a Quattroporte or a Bentley Flying Spur.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,791 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Since when has "looks better in person" become the basis for falling in love with a car, especially one in the $120-$140k range and especially in a not-so-hot economic environment?
Old 10-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Shawn D
Intermediate

I also think it looks better in person but not by much. I think the back is quite ugly but the rest of the car is OK. The interior on the other hand is exceptional IMHO. I agree it is very imposing and would definitely choose the Panamera over any comparable BMW or MB based on function and handling characteristics.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:20 PM
geof
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife and I saw it at our dealer's launch event last week.

First impression- wow this thing is huge.

We have a two-car garage, but the urban type attached to a 1930's era house so not that big- It barely fits our A4 and Targa side by side- I have tennis ***** hanging from the ceiling so that I can park the Targa perfectly so that the door does not hit the cinder block wall when I open the door to the first notch! (haven't banged it in two years of ownership, knock on wood...) If we got a Panamera, either it or the Targa would have to go out on the street.

But if it weren't for that, and if it weren't for the fact that we do things in the city a lot where a small car is practical, we both liked the Panamera. Liked, not loved. If you gave me one (or if I won one in a raffle) I would take it. But we both agreed, when walking back to our 911, that our current car was much prettier.

Ask me again in 2 years- my opinion may change. I do think the looks will grow on people.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Louis J.
Since when has "looks better in person" become the basis for falling in love with a car, especially one in the $120-$140k range and especially in a not-so-hot economic environment?
Tru dat.

Quick Reply: SAW IT IN THE FLESH TODAY