Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

HOLY COW! the Panamera is even uglier than we thought...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 10:22 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by VERBOTN125
Not sure of the crowd size but the applause sounded at best to be polite. The car to me is like a Chinese Crested if you like it you love if you don’t....... well perhaps a Collie. Personally I cannot get past the gills on the side a-la Ford Fiesta: JUMP THE SHARK
I was there, 900 people at the reception and it was warmly received by everyone, very cool on behalf of PCNA to unveil the car for the first time in the US at the Parade.
The car looks better in person than any pictures and video I have seen. I also think that the darker colors suit it better as its a large car. It has wide hips in the back and the interior is really nice. As a matter of fact I think the driving position is the best of all the sedan's that I have tried/driven, low seating position very similar to a 911 , it feels like a proper cockpit. With the way the car apparently drives/handles and the driver's position being close to perfection, what else do you really need? Driving the car do you really look at the exterior?
Say what you will, but this car will sell well and I want one as my daily driver
Old 07-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 557 Likes on 246 Posts

I'm still on the fence until I see one on the road. There are many aspects of the design that I like, but it doesn't seem to work proportionately from some angles.

I'm sure that a lowered stance & big RUF/Techart/HRE wheels would do wonders.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really hoping the Panamera simply doesn't photograph well, and is much more visually appealing in person. Its disproportions in some angles are just ghastly.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

At the end of the banquet, people were ten deep waiting to sit in the car and take pictures. Banquet ended around 10 and people were starting to thin out about 1130pm. The performance numbers on the car are impressive. I hope it's a sales success for Porsche. Anything to keep our favorite marque independent.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:39 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

These threads are getting SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring. How anyone could say the Maserati is a good looking car and cut the Panamera to pieces is beyond me. Give me an original Maserati quattroporte over the new one any day for looks and IMO the Panamera is a better looking car and obviously more of a car since it is in the supercar category vs the old man wearing a hat, car category.

The Rapide and lambo I agree are nice looking but don't serve their intended purpose. Might as well keep my 928, you can fit more in it than either of them.

I also think the Cayenne is a good looking car especially the GTS or turbo in Marine blue. IMO it is an outstanding looking machine in this color.

So why do we need to rip Porsche a new one every time they come out with a new model. Hell I stopped liking new Porsche's when they came out with the 996. IMO the Panamera is far better looking. I find most base model Porsche's to be bland at best. Without aero kits and cosmetic improvements most of the newer models are blaaa.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by 007DT
I got Stick Shift from the T-Shirt you were wearing at RA... Aren't you the moderator on that Forum?

Or was that another VR?? Violent Rearender

Hahaha! Man, you really need glasses. It was the silhouette os a buxom stripper about to ride the baloney pony, with the caption "Are you on top?" pimping Rennpoints.com.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 07-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Um....did I even mention you or accuse you of doing so?

Defensive much?

Dave....it's nice to see you have discovered the blogosphere. Your choice is interesting, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Your reply was directed at me was it not? You quoted my post in yern's so I thought it was.

If I am confused and misunderstood your intent, I'll take 51% of the responsibility.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:13 PM
DanJK
Racer

2010 Jaguar XJ. Mmmmmmmm.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Franklin229
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

I hope it does look better in real life-as of right now-here is where I stand:
Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2009, 08:21 PM
blitz928
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nurburger
I'm sure that a lowered stance & big RUF/Techart/HRE wheels would do wonders.

Last edited by blitz928; 06-28-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:54 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

^^^ OK that looks better... Except if the car is that fast most people will see the *** end and think, Damn that Ugly car was fast.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:04 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DJF1
..... I also think that the darker colors suit it better as its a large car. It has wide hips in the back and the interior is really nice. it feels like a proper cockpit. With the way the car apparently drives/handles and the driver's position being close to perfection, what else do you really need? Driving the car do you really look at the exterior?
Say what you will, but this car will sell well and I want one as my daily driver
Thats cool and I do respect your perspective but to me thats what ample chicks say with the dark color (black) hiding the bumps and giggles thing. Its strange I am either a truck guy, race car, or simply a daddy hauling kids around in the estate.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:52 PM
DanJK
Racer

Porsche Has Almost 3,000 Advance Orders for Panamera (Update1)
Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Andreas Cremer

July 14 (Bloomberg) -- Porsche SE, maker of the 911 sports car, said it has almost 3,000 orders for the new four-door Panamera model, two months before the vehicle reaches showrooms.

Buyers new to the Porsche brand are likely to account for 80 percent to 85 percent of Panamera buyers, Christian Dau, a spokesman, told reporters at the carmaker’s Stuttgart, Germany, headquarters. Porsche is sticking to a target of selling 20,000 Panameras in the fiscal year starting in August, he said.

“None of our previous model lines has ever before yielded such high interest so early,” Dau said. “This shows what we’ve said all along, that this car is coming at the best possible time.”

The Panamera, which cost 1 billion euros ($1.4 billion) to develop and is priced starting at almost 94,600 euros, is the first new Porsche product since the Cayenne sport-utility vehicle became the third model in the company’s lineup in 2002.

The car will be delivered in Germany starting in September and in the U.S. a month later. The model is part of Porsche’s strategy of stemming a sales decline caused by the recession. The company’s North American vehicle deliveries fell 36 percent in the six months through June, and global sales in the fiscal first half ended Jan. 31 dropped 27 percent.

To contact the reporter on this story: Andreas Cremer in Stuttgart, Germany, via acremer@bloomberg.net.

Last Updated: July 14, 2009 11:26 EDT

Is that a lot? Have no idea if they 3k is relevant or not.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:14 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

clapclapclap....the enthusiasm was a dud for the Panamera
Old 07-15-2009, 06:10 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
clapclapclap....the enthusiasm was a dud for the Panamera
+1

Bet it would have been different with a little help from the Alfa Romeo marketing department: How to Polish an Alfa Romeo 8c Spyder

Quick Reply: HOLY COW! the Panamera is even uglier than we thought...