Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Vilhuer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam2S
Amethyst - Nasty Bruise
Amethyst is aquired taste. Almost all ladies seem to like it a lot.

Its interesting Porsche is bringing back several colors from early nineties color charts. Cobolt Blue has been available on 997 for a while already and now Amethyst. Though Cobolt could be slightly different than what it was in 928 etc despite same name. Or at least it seems there is very small difference.

Hopefully factory will bring back few other colors from same time period like Iris Blue metallc and Amazon Green metallic and coupe model based on Panamera platform which looks better than Panamera.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam2S
OMG! I’ve just noticed the Panamera is available to configure online on the UK site now and what a colour range!

Just in case you didn’t think the car was already in the visually challenged category Porsche in their infinite wisdom have chosen to release it in a range of such beautiful colours as :

Yachting Blue
Topaz Brown
Mahogany
Crystal Green
Amethyst

Check out the colours in the configurator for yourself - they are truely as hideous as their dubious names imply! Perhaps more honest names would have been :

Yachting Blue - Toilet Seat Blue
Topaz Brown - Baby Poo
Mahogany - Adult Poo
Crystal Green - Toilet Seat Green
Amethyst - Nasty Bruise

the configuartor never shows the colours worth a damn - look at meteor grey - looks like brown when you pick it

browns are coming up everywhere so i guess they are on the trend.

in the end i don't really think i would judge the car by the colour choices = leave stupid things like that to ltc

Quick Reply: Ewwww - Panamera Colours!