Panamera Pic, OT?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Moved to the panamera forum.

As others have mentioned , this is a 911 tech forum. Please stick to 911-related stuff.

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:34 PM
tetzlafh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The real deal.

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/pan...specialguest=0
Old 11-24-2008, 05:29 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy V
Moved to the panamera forum.

As others have mentioned , this is a 911 tech forum. Please stick to 911-related stuff.

Thanks.
LOL Randy. I guess it's true what they say...The squeaky wheel gets the grease (no punn intended). You would have a field day over on the 993 forum with all of the O/T posts on there. Yet, nobody has complained about them. In fact, the 993 community seems to embrace and take part in them. I wish our 911 forum could be just as understanding.

I feel sorry for the next new 911 owner that introduces themselves on the 911 forum. Nothing technical about that kind of post is there.

Last edited by justinsrx7; 11-24-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Now that statement is just plain dumb. Nobody has ever been slammed (except for not posting pics) when coming onto the forum about their "new" 911. Get over it, this board is a 911 board; Rennlist has a ton of other areas to discuss whatever it is you want to discuss. Iceman has probably defined it better than I did, it is a 911 community where various aspects of 911 ownership are discussed.

Go look at other car boards, and you'll see that when the rules get lax, anarchy begins to shine.

You'll actually have to click over on the OT forum to post now. Since you had to type "OT" in your titles anyway, the number of keystrokes for youhas actually gone down.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:12 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Now that statement is just plain dumb. Nobody has ever been slammed (except for not posting pics) when coming onto the forum about their "new" 911. Get over it, this board is a 911 board; Rennlist has a ton of other areas to discuss whatever it is you want to discuss. Iceman has probably defined it better than I did, it is a 911 community where various aspects of 911 ownership are discussed.

Go look at other car boards, and you'll see that when the rules get lax, anarchy begins to shine.

You'll actually have to click over on the OT forum to post now. Since you had to type "OT" in your titles anyway, the number of keystrokes for youhas actually gone down.
"Now that statement is just plain dumb. Nobody has ever been slammed (except for not posting pics) when coming onto the forum about their "new" 911. Get over it" - Ed Hughes

Exactly Ed! Thank you for proving my point. So now you realize how dumb your statement about the 911 forum being only "technical" (your words, not mine) is, and how silly it would be to move non-technical posts like people introducing themselves to the OT forum would be.

Secondly Ed, I didn't create the original Panamera post, Muis did. If I feel something it OT, I post it in OT so get your facts straight. I just thought the way you responded to Muis was rude and not the proper conduct for this community or towards a fellow 911 owner, and you obviously upset Muis based on his response to you (not that he lost any sleep over it).

On election night, I mistakenly made a political post on the 911 forum and you were also rude to me but I let that one go as I thought maybe the election results were not going as you had hoped. And you were also very correct, I did post in the wrong place.

As for Iceman, I completely agree with him, and he is not saying the same thing you said. He is saying it is a 911 community where 911 owners can discuss stuff that relates to them. I see no reason why a fellow 911 owner can't talk to other 911 owners about a new model of Porsche coming out to get their opinion (we can debate this back and fourth, but there is no point cause there are as many arguements for as their are against and that's not really the point). If you don't like a post and it is borderline OT, you can publicly complain about it (as you did) and have the admin move it for you, or you can ignore the post and let the rest of us that ARE interested in it enjoy it.

FWIW, by your definition, Iceman broke your OT rule by posting a thread about how he has put his car away for the season. There was zero "technical" information in that thread. That must have made you crazy. On the other hand, I enjoyed hearing about how a fellow Rennlister put his car away and loved the pictures.

The 993 forum has real OT posts (like one about watches and a letter from FDIC) and there is no anarchy (as you describe). BTW, they have a Panamera post as well and all have taken part in commenting on it. And even I agree, some of those are really off topic, but people have made their group of friends within the forum and right or wrong, they want to post topics to their friends. Those that don't like it ignore it. I have not read one post by anyone telling them to move it and even the admin does not move it. Go figure Ed.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Now you're just getting dumber. To be precise, you're the one who first "jumped" me about making a comment on this thread initially. My first post was blunt, but to the point.

Ice's thread about putting his car away is 911-related. I'd say it is pretty darn technical in nature, to boot. Look at the freaking title. He didn't ask how to put a Panamera awayAre you really that slow in reading comprehension? I think you're just dug in on the fact that I'm calling BS on the BS threads that show up here.

Your translation on what a 911 forum should be is just skewed. I like Cuban cigars. Just because I have a 911 doesn't mean discussion on the topic belongs in the 911 forum. I'm sure there are others there with similar interest, but where do you draw the line? Pretty soon you get a bunch of 911 owners all over the map with their cute little "OT" notations.

Maybe you ought to spend more time in the 993 section-sounds like it's more to your liking.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

BTW, I was man enough to admit that Ice defined the topics that should be here better than I did. I did cop to the fact that "technical" wasn't the proper defining factor.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:18 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Ed, I am done with this thread. You are obviously not reading my posts carefully because your responses do not even address my comments, and now you are calling me names and being offensive which is just uncalled for. I am all for intelligent discussion but this is no longer intelligent. I have made my points and you can take from them what you will.

I look forward to reading your car posts in the future and hope that some of my posts will also provide value to you as well.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:37 PM
tommytomaso
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Edgy01
How about simply posting it like this, and a couple other colors...
the blue one reminds me of a Bugatti concept from the 90'S for a fast saloon

Quick Reply: Panamera Pic, OT?