Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Cell Phone Mount

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 11:43 PM
MyPanameraGTS
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cell Phone Mount

I have a ‘16 GTS and I really need a MagSafe cell phone mount for my car.

i found one that is a two-armed hinged set-up which uses a 3M round adhesive at its base and I would like to affix it to the bottom of the center cup holder. The bottom of the cup holder is not smooth so I am wondering if you think it will stick?

Thanks
Old 05-20-2024, 12:26 AM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Instead of losing a cup holder, you could use something like this: https://www.proclipusa.com/collectio...-panamera-2016
Then stick this adapter plate on it:
Amazon Amazon
And then mount a MagSafe charger with a compatible ball mount (check the ball diameter specs), like this:
Amazon Amazon

This is what I did for my 971, with a 971 specific mount from A-Tach instead of ProClip.
Old 05-20-2024, 10:47 AM
GreazyThumbs
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed a rennline mount and swaped out the mag safe head for a wireless mag safe charging head and then ran the cables back to the arm rest. The rennline mount if ok, not great but it keeps the phone out of the way. I think the Panny is just hard to find a mount that works great. The Rennline mount for the Cayenne is Fantastic.
Old 05-20-2024, 11:43 AM
MyPanameraGTS
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GreazyThumbs
I installed a rennline mount and swaped out the mag safe head for a wireless mag safe charging head and then ran the cables back to the arm rest. The rennline mount if ok, not great but it keeps the phone out of the way. I think the Panny is just hard to find a mount that works great. The Rennline mount for the Cayenne is Fantastic.
I see the Rennline mount for my version of the Panamera 970.2. Can’t I just plug in my phone to the charging wire and have the wire out of the way until the phone needs to be charged? Thanks.

Last edited by MyPanameraGTS; 05-20-2024 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-20-2024, 12:25 PM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Received 575 Likes on 355 Posts

Is the textured area at the bottom of the Panamera front cup holders a removable insert as it is in my Cayenne? The cupholder insert in my Cayenne has a small tab that can be grasped for pulling out the insert.

I stopped using console mounted phone holders after having a couple of close calls while looking down at my phone. Those kinds of mounts weren't so bad with dumb phones but it's too tempting to look at the screens of smart phones.

It's not what I would call pretty but the iOttie wireless charging cradle I stuck to the dashtop of my Cayenne (on a single use removable 3M adhesive disc) keeps me from having to look down and away from the road and it's only a couple of inches from my right hand on the steering wheel. I had planned to do something similar on a Panamera but I bailed on ordering one when I got an allocation in 2022 and bought an in-stock Cayenne instead. Panamera is a much better drive than a Cayenne!

Old 05-20-2024, 05:35 PM
coulter
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I have the ProClip for my 971, easily the best addition to my car. I attached a universal magnet mount.

Truthfully, it's a rip off for what it is, like 50 cents of plastic. I'd love for someone to knock it off and charge a cheaper price, it's not some huge engineering feat that took a lot of R&D. But it does work great and I didn't see any other options that worked as well.

Last edited by coulter; 05-20-2024 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-20-2024, 07:17 PM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by coulter
I have the ProClip for my 971, easily the best addition to my car. I attached a universal magnet mount.

Truthfully, it's a rip off for what it is, like 50 cents of plastic. I'd love for someone to knock it off and charge a cheaper price, it's not some huge engineering feat that took a lot of R&D. But it does work great and I didn't see any other options that worked as well.
Yea I felt similarly but in the end, we're paying for them to actually find one of these cars and design the mounts for them. If knock-offs existed, Proclip (and A-Tach) might go out of business and then we're kinda screwed especially since the Panamera is so uncommon.
The following users liked this post:
Bl4ckD0g (05-21-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 04:32 AM
Bl4ckD0g
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Another vote for the Brodit ProClip. It is a good system that doesn't damage your car, doesn't require screws, no glue, doesn't wobble. And isn't mounted high to blind your vision. I also use it with a MagSafe mount.
Old 05-21-2024, 08:05 AM
djdonte
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts

I use a proclip as well, but I dont care for their mounting solutions. I use double sided tape to attach this magnetic mount to it after removing the "fingers" from the back.

Quick Reply: Cell Phone Mount