Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera-167/)
-   -   Panamera CPO minor damage purchase (https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera/1150966-panamera-cpo-minor-damage-purchase.html)

Airpharmaone 07-06-2019 03:01 AM

Panamera CPO minor damage purchase

Hi Forum,

I am looking at purchasing a CPO 2016 4s. The Carfax states minor cosmetic damage on front and back doors. There are pictures on True360 that captures the cosmetic damage and the work that was done to repair (resurfacing). True360 report also displays a certificate that there are no structural issues.. Dealership also says that it has to be very minor for the car to be still eligible for the CPO program.

Two questions for the group. Is True360
a reputable company? should I feel confident in Porsche’s CPO program and True360. Also do I have any additional leverage in negotiating the price due to the damage?

Dealer is asking 60,800 with 23k miles
build is below

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

CARFAX One-Owner. Night Blue Metallic 2016 Porsche Panamera 4S AWD 7-Speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 3.0L V6 DI 24V AWD.

BASE Panamera 4S
456 Adaptive cruise control incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
640 Sport Chrono Package
680 BOSE® Surround Sound System
806 Exterior Package in Black (High-Gloss)
826 Dark Walnut Interior Package
837 Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel in Dark Walnut
998 Natural Leather Interior
N5 Night Blue Metallic
NC Natural Leather Interior in Cognac
P45 Premium Package Plus
XRY 20 Panamera Sport Wheels in Black (High-Gloss)

Deezflip 07-06-2019 10:56 AM

In my opinion if the price is right, drives normal, can't tell it was damaged, everything works, no funny electronic goblins, and if you're mechanically savvy....I would get it. Not sure about everyone else and with car damages/accidents back in my younger years, I can honestly say that there hasn't been any issues after and very long after being repaired. They were mild collisions however, no airbags deployed.

In my mind, if it was a really severe accident...the car itself would've been parted out or sold for parts. No one would attempt to bring it back to life if the damage was to that extent, just too costly. It's a shame sometimes that mild fender benders would lose people's trust towards a vehicle, but I can also understand that some will try to hide more significant accidents.

I'm sure there are plently of horror stories, but i'm sure those cars were abused, flooded, thrown in the ocean, etc. and people with poor/oblivious judgement without spotting obvious issues.

Nevertheless, just know it will be difficult to sell or get low-balled with the trade in since the damage record will be passed on forever. Good luck.

c4racer 07-06-2019 11:33 AM

I'm actually surprised they would offer a car as a CPO that had accident history

krabman 07-06-2019 12:42 PM

I saw a list of what is restricted and allowed with CPO somewhere around here but couldn't find it just now in a search. I have to agree with the fellow above, I got diminished value on my last car after a 93 year old man backed into it in a grocery store parking lot. My car had just a few slight scuffs; those required the rear bumper to be pulled, painted, and mounted back up to the tune of 1100 bucks. It was as close to nothing as you could come and the car was in no way the worse for it as near as I could determine. The fellow's speed could only have been determined with a time lapse photography he was moving so slow, but the next owner is looking at the car as being wrecked, damaged. I get why they feel that way, they were not there, they cant know to a certainty it was nothing to be concerned about. I'm guessing there are a whole lot of similar situations out there. In any event if it's under warranty the risk should be low, right?

Airpharmaone 07-06-2019 08:06 PM

Thanks for everyone’s opinion. I went ahead and made an executive decision. Super happy and I plan on keeping the car for a long time and the damage was superficial.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...302d01963.jpeg

krabman 07-06-2019 09:54 PM

Congrats!

Airpharmaone 07-06-2019 10:09 PM

Thanks!

DogWood 07-06-2019 10:14 PM

very nice, congrats - you're going to love it :)

user 8298308 07-07-2019 12:32 PM

Very nice! I'm also a happy 2016 4S owner, similarly spec'd.

Enjoy!

(Night Blue Metallic is objectively the best color. :) )

skiracer 07-08-2019 12:09 PM

Beautiful car - enjoy!

Airpharmaone 07-08-2019 06:18 PM

Thanks

Thanks I agree

Dartmouth 07-09-2019 10:44 AM

I have a 2010 that looks like yours. Same options too. Bought it with 23000 miles 3 months ago. I bought it for $30K as a trade in at a BMW Dealership. Clean Carfax.https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...c30c02271b.jpg

Dartmouth 07-09-2019 10:57 AM

BTW....Buyer Beware.......True360 does the same Car inspection as companies that do the inspections on leased cars returned at the end of the lease (SGS). Having been one of those inspectors I can tell you it does not compare to a Porsche Certified PPI! Yes they do structual damage and paint and dents and electronic they don't do the Porsche PPI which covers everything including over revs, and all things PORSCHE. I would definately do a PPI with a Porsche dealership assuming the dealership that has the car isn't a Porsche dealership and offering a Porsche Certified Warranty.

dryadsdad 07-09-2019 11:11 AM

As a reinforcement, I agree with your decision also since we had that to consider. In our case, it was a minor rear bumper / parking ding superbly repaired. We used that to bid the car down citing diminished value and won that one.

I count it as a win. We’re in the middle of a 3k mile car trip and enjoying every mile. I hope you do too.

c4racer 07-09-2019 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Dartmouth (Post 15961191)
BTW....Buyer Beware.......True360 does the same Car inspection as companies that do the inspections on leased cars returned at the end of the lease (SGS). Having been one of those inspectors I can tell you it does not compare to a Porsche Certified PPI! Yes they do structual damage and paint and dents and electronic they don't do the Porsche PPI which covers everything including over revs, and all things PORSCHE. I would definately do a PPI with a Porsche dealership assuming the dealership that has the car isn't a Porsche dealership and offering a Porsche Certified Warranty.

I think this was a Porsche CPO car from OP's original post - that's how I read it.