Panamera 2010-Current

Length of a dealership oil change

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 10:06 PM
amelen
Pro

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Length of a dealership oil change

Took my 2017 Panamera 4S to a local P-dealership for an oil change and a couple of re-calls. It's been there almost 2 weeks now. They did give me a loaner (a base Macan), but it would be nice to have my car back. Has anyone had experiences with the car being stuck at the dealership for too long? I had a very bad experience with an Audi before (they lost the car), so I'm extra paranoid.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:33 PM
Carsly
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Oil change, same day, always. Did you ask if they had the parts on hand to perform the recall services before dropping off the car? That's normally my first question when scheduling a visit on any car with recalls outstanding. Otherwise it could be a very long while if parts are not available/backordered. You'd think your SA would have given you an update no later than day 2 on status.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:40 PM
amelen
Pro

Originally Posted by Carsly
Oil change, same day, always. Did you ask if they had the parts on hand to perform the recall services before dropping off the car? That's normally my first question when scheduling a visit on any car with recalls outstanding. Otherwise it could be a very long while if parts are not available/backordered. You'd think your SA would have given you an update no later than day 2 on status.
I knew they were doing recalls but they said they had all the parts for them. My SA has been mostly MIA, the one response I got was after 1.5 weeks saying they ordered some parts and that he's going on vacation.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:21 AM
dryadsdad
Team Owner

Received 1,498 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by amelen
I knew they were doing recalls but they said they had all the parts for them. My SA has been mostly MIA, the one response I got was after 1.5 weeks saying they ordered some parts and that he's going on vacation.
IMO, a major perk of owning a high end car is experiencing impeccable service which you're not experiencing. At least you have some sort of P-car as a substitute but I'd not be content either if it went on more than a few days. I suppose you're stuck this time but its worth consideration to ask in the future time to finish and expect/hold them to that. Else, if possible, find an alternative dealer who treats its customers as luxury customers should be treated.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:07 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Hopefully you checked the mileage before you dropped the car off?? There was a poster on this forum a while back who determined the dealership was driving his car extensively during the supposed "service". Sounds to me like you need a new dealership for your service. I've never had to wait more than a couple of days for all the recalls thus far on my 2018 E-Hybrid. As my dealership is about 20 miles from home I always just drop it off and get a loaner and then pick it up the next day or two later.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:12 PM
amelen
Pro

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Hopefully you checked the mileage before you dropped the car off?? There was a poster on this forum a while back who determined the dealership was driving his car extensively during the supposed "service". Sounds to me like you need a new dealership for your service. I've never had to wait more than a couple of days for all the recalls thus far on my 2018 E-Hybrid. As my dealership is about 20 miles from home I always just drop it off and get a loaner and then pick it up the next day or two later.
Yup always do, took pictures of the car as well since I had an issue with that as well (Audi dealership dented it while at service).

At what point would I escalate the issue with the GM or Porsche? I called the dealership this morning but they didn't have any estimates and just mentioned that it's july 4th week, so it might not be ready this week.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:07 PM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts

No way you should put up with this. Change the oil and get your car back. Do the recalls another time. Wow I can't believe a Porsche dealership would do that. I get a few days or a week max but no more than that.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:37 PM
dryadsdad
Team Owner

Received 1,498 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by Dartmouth
No way you should put up with this. Change the oil and get your car back. Do the recalls another time. Wow I can't believe a Porsche dealership would do that. I get a few days or a week max but no more than that.
These were my thoughts but I didn't post since for all I know, the recalls are critical items which he'd not wish to delay. So I'll agree if the recalls are just fluff and nothing to get hot about.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:17 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

After every service a few days or a week later I receive an email from Porsche USA asking me to rate the Dealer on my service. The Dealers are really sensitive about getting a high rating on these reviews. My suggestion is you call the Service Manager now and tell him you haven't yet received a decent explanation regarding the delays and you would appreciate getting the full story. If he doesn't satisfy you then escalate to the General Manager and if that doesn't work, call Porsche in Atlanta directly. If it goes that far you most likely will want to find another dealer for future service.

Quick Reply: Length of a dealership oil change