Panamera 2010-Current

New/Future Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 10:04 AM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by skiracer
IMO, you are the perfect candidate owner of a used Panamera out of warranty due to your wrenching skills. I believe the engineering platform is very robust and the typical issues can easily be dealt with since you'll be capable of most (if not all) repairs. Few of my ownership costs to date would have been covered by warranty as most were scheduled maintenance or wear items. I came from a 968 to a 996 to the PTT and there is no comparison. The Panny is a luxurious cruiser in comfort mode and a beast of a sports car in sport mode. It's the perfect Jeckyl/Hyde mobile! And I would not shy away from a turbo model - you should take the time to drive several variants to confirm which suits you the best.

I've made the decision to self-insure and I don't wrench. I found a good indy that seems fair and reasonable but the main takeaway is that these cars don't spend a lot of time in the shop if they're well sorted and maintained. Good luck w/ your search and let the fun begin!
Yep!

I'd still get AWD. The car is kind of engineered around it. The AWD really feels like a RWD car most of the time anyway for me as the power split I believe was design to do this. The launch and the flexibility is what the Panamera is about.
The following users liked this post:
wyowolf (07-09-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 10:07 AM
wyowolf
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Thank you both. Right now Im shopping for an e350 MB for wife's 50th BD... I know... but its the wife so you do what you have to do
Old 07-09-2019, 10:18 AM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

The new E-Class is a very nice car. They made a ton of great interior improvements. Has she looked at the Mecan? Is she not in love with Porsche aesthetics - some people aren't!
Old 07-09-2019, 10:28 AM
wyowolf
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Rathjen
The new E-Class is a very nice car. They made a ton of great interior improvements. Has she looked at the Mecan? Is she not in love with Porsche aesthetics - some people aren't!
Well she has always wanted a MB... and since I have owned my Bimmers... its her turn now. Thats why my P will have to wait til next year... ill sell the 550i my baby to buy it for her and surprise her next week...

Quick Reply: New/Future Owner