Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera Hybrid - Reduce Speed Check Engine Warning

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 01:34 PM
BAnderson
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Panamera Hybrid - Reduce Speed Check Engine Warning

Does anyone have insight on what could cause a dashboard warning “Reduce Speed” “Check Engine” when accelerating rapidly? This has been a chronic problem with my 2012 Panamera S Hybrid since I bought it two years ago. This is the 3.0 L supercharged V6.

The warning does not occur every time, but frequently enough. The car’s performance doesn’t seem to be impaired and when I pull over and switch the ignition off and back on, the messages clear. The dealer has worked on it, but has not been able to identify the cause.

It has also been to the dealer twice to clean carbon deposits from the secondary air injectors, which caused a continuous “Check Engine” light. The light has not returned and doesn’t seem to be related to the acceleration issue, but I am including this information in case someone sees a connection.

I would appreciate any thoughts!

Old 06-24-2019, 10:38 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 160 Posts

Are you running your engine enough? Hybrid owners who ride too much on battery, or the engine comes on too close to the destination which doesn't allow the engine to come up to temperature. That in and of itself will create carbon build up.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:45 PM
BAnderson
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a good thought, but the engine runs automatically for a few minutes when started cold and the water temperature gets up to 201o quickly. A related concern I have is how susceptible a hybrid is to issues from the engine turning on and off abruptly, especially at highway speeds. I wonder if that would contribute to carbon build-up or to sensors signaling problems when accelerating?

Quick Reply: Panamera Hybrid - Reduce Speed Check Engine Warning