Panamera 2010-Current

Wheel selling help plz

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 10:30 PM
SubzeroX
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel selling help plz

Hi all, I don't know much and I've never sold rims before. I have a spare set of 20" panamera wheels (stock 2010 turbo) with pilot super sports on them > 70% life.

1) how do I ship these things? they're heavy as hell and massive. How much is it going to cost to ship all 4?
2) What're they worth with and without the tires? (I have no clue). There is minor curb rash, otherwise in great shape. Just dirty from sitting.

Front tire size is 255/40/20; Rear 295/35/20.

Thanks!

https://imgur.com/DVU1YEk

Last edited by SubzeroX; 05-14-2019 at 10:35 PM. Reason: pic link
Old 05-15-2019, 11:03 AM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

One thing to do is to advertise on Craigslist for local pickup and avoid shipping altogether. It is expensive to ship and extra cost for you to remove the tires and sell the wheels separately. My suggestion is to clean them up, take some good pics of each wheel and post an ad. Not sure about pricing, but I'd hope for $2k - $2,500 for the set. GLWS!
Old 05-15-2019, 08:15 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 299 Likes on 127 Posts

Use ship nex.

i sold some wheels and used ship nex last year. They pick the wheels up from your house and rates are reasonable.

keep in mind that shipping is cheaper if you can put them in boxes. I went to Home Depot and literally created my own boxes around the packed wheels. Just taped a bunch of cardboard around them.

Here’s a tutorial on how to pack them. It was a huge pain for me to do this but better than sitting around on a set of wheels hoping for a local buyer.

https://howtoshipwheels.com/HowToShipWheelsWithTires/
Old 05-16-2019, 10:28 AM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

Prices really vary a lot.

I paid $800 for 19" OEM Panamera with 90% Pilot Sport Alpine. These are the factory split spoke. That was a really good deal.

I see Turbo II wheels go for $1000-1500 all the time depending on condition. With a fresh set of tires $2000-2500 depending on the tire.

The non-Turbo II wheels go for less, but I don't see any reason why any of the OEM wheel sets with good tires aren't going to be in that $1000-1500 range in the 20" sizes. If you have newer pilot sports, you should be able to get $1500-2000 if the wheels are perfect.

Wheels are super expensive to ship. You can wrap the face with carboard and bubble wrap them all up. That's typically $70-100 per tire. Some place are a little cheap in a box but because of size and weight you're looking at $50 per tire at least. You can check uship and DHL in addition to the typical sources. Greyhound I think also does some shipping. In the end I've met people half way in order to avoid shipping and gotten a better sale price. That $200 in shipping has to be figured in to the cost which means its coming out of someone's pocket.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:39 AM
Fulwild
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the dot manufacturing date on your tires (weekyear) unless they are less than 4 years old I, as a buyer, would automatically replace them. If it we’re a normal sedan I wouldn’t be too worried but on a Porsche, tires may not be treated gently. My tire shop won’t mount tires over 5 years old.
As a seller I would not sell tires over 5 YO. I bought wheels and tires and paid to ship tires I had to junk due to age. My fault for not checking but left a bad taste none the less.

When shipping put something soft between the cardboard and the rims, other wise cardboard pattern in rim finish. Can be buffed out but I presume preventable.

To be a good seller measure inner, middle, and outer tread depth on each tire. Tire depth gauge available on Amazon for ~$4. If you have older tires and one is too worn to use, you probably want to replace the whole set. That might go into the sell with/without tire calculus.

All that said, you can buy used tires to match wear of remaining tires online. I personally wouldn’t use for P car but have used for kids Honda.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:03 AM
dougpan4
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am selling my 2016 19" wheels for $850. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/wto...877179898.html
I am not so sure you can sell what you have for spider wheels for more than $1000.

Quick Reply: Wheel selling help plz