Notices

Akrapovic for the 971 Panamera Turbo Now Available for order

 
Old 05-09-2019, 09:11 PM
  #1  
VividRacing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 211
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Akrapovic for the 971 Panamera Turbo Now Available for order

Now available and in stock! The worlds greatest exhaust manufacturer has a system for the worlds greatest sedan. Akrapovic leads the industry in every measurable category for exhaust products; there is no match to their quality and sound. They just released their full Evolution catback system for the 971 Panamera Turbo and it is no exception to their industry leading standards. This system is full titanium and replaces the midpipes, rear mufflers, and tips.

This stunning system is made completely from high-grade titanium. It includes parts cast in the company’s in-house foundry, featuring an active X connection and an additional pair of exhaust valves behind the rear mufflers, designed to provide optimal control of the exhaust sound for the best aural enjoyment. The system has been perfectly tuned to deliver the very best sound experience in all modes – enormous effort was invested to give it a sporty, deep higher-frequency V8 sound with an unmistakable Akrapovič character, while keeping it smooth and eliminating any drone for maximum everyday comfort. By using the optional Akrapovič Sound Kit, the driver can choose between a loud racy sound or a quieter note for long-distance driving, regardless of the mode chosen for the vehicle. The look of the Evolution system can also be further enhanced by adding four round titaniumor carbon-fibre tailpipes.

An increase in performance and torque through a broad rpm range and a significant weight savings of 40% makes this a very serious performance upgrade. With optimized gas flow and reduced back pressure, it allows limitless tuning options.


Akrapovic Panamera Turbo 971 Evolution Line Exhaust
Stock Weight: 67.4lbs
Akrapovic Weight: 39.9lbs















__________________
[email protected]
480-966-3040 EXT 246

Vivid Racing
1429 W Scott Ave
Gilbert, AZ
85233

www.Vividracing.com
VividRacing is offline  
Old 05-21-2019, 02:24 PM
  #2  
BobMCanEatMyAss
New User
 
BobMCanEatMyAss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

How much louder than stock?

if you already have the factory sport exhaust, will the Akra be compatible with that or do you still need to get the sound kit?
BobMCanEatMyAss is offline  
Old 05-22-2019, 06:24 PM
  #3  
kj71109
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Dakota Dunes, SD
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I just put this setup on my Sport Turismo Turbo with sports exhaust. You do not need to install the control kit if you have the sports exhaust. The installation instructions make it appear like that needs to be done. It is noticeably louder than sports exhaust, and it does have a slight drone, which I am slightly disappointed in Akra for having this. I have run their setups on other cars with great success, but this is the first system I am slightly disappointed with. Worth the price, not sure yet. I do really like the sound for around town driving, but for highway cruising on long road trips, you have to shift to a different gear, and toggle with the valves turning them on and off to mostly eliminate the drone. I found about 70 mph to work well with valves closed and 7th gear. 80-85mph cruise worked best with valves open in 7th. FYI this is all with OEM downpipes and tune. Self install wasn't bad, just time consuming with removing all the fasteners and small bolts. I do not have video yet.
kj71109 is offline  
Old 06-15-2019, 03:11 AM
  #4  
ClayMan28
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 69
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Where is the particulate filter in the newer cars (GTS)? Does this get rid of it?
ClayMan28 is offline  
Old 06-15-2019, 10:00 AM
  #5  
Outlaw
User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 488
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by ClayMan28 View Post
Where is the particulate filter in the newer cars (GTS)? Does this get rid of it?
Would like to know this as well.
Outlaw is offline  
Old 06-15-2019, 10:11 AM
  #6  
Robert Linton
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
Robert Linton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,937
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

I think that Akrapovic is among the best, if not the best, aftermarket titanium exhaust system. However, I hate (not a word I usually use) the fact that Akrapovic will not make tailpipes available without their name on it. With their name or that of any other manufacturer on them, the tailpipes look needlessly tacky and gaudy. Indeed, I have even offered to pay a very substantial upcharge to get simple black tailpipes but the Akrapovic ego (which must be as immense as a herd of hippos), cannot seem to deal with this simple request.
Robert Linton is online now  
Old 06-15-2019, 10:31 AM
  #7  
Outlaw
User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 488
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by kj71109 View Post
I just put this setup on my Sport Turismo Turbo with sports exhaust. You do not need to install the control kit if you have the sports exhaust. The installation instructions make it appear like that needs to be done. It is noticeably louder than sports exhaust, and it does have a slight drone, which I am slightly disappointed in Akra for having this. I have run their setups on other cars with great success, but this is the first system I am slightly disappointed with. Worth the price, not sure yet. I do really like the sound for around town driving, but for highway cruising on long road trips, you have to shift to a different gear, and toggle with the valves turning them on and off to mostly eliminate the drone. I found about 70 mph to work well with valves closed and 7th gear. 80-85mph cruise worked best with valves open in 7th. FYI this is all with OEM downpipes and tune. Self install wasn't bad, just time consuming with removing all the fasteners and small bolts. I do not have video yet.
Do you think maybe this is result of the thinner titanium ? Stainless systems seem to be less prone to drone.
Outlaw is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 06:13 PM
  #8  
kj71109
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Dakota Dunes, SD
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
Do you think maybe this is result of the thinner titanium ? Stainless systems seem to be less prone to drone.
I honestly think it is because it deleted the mid-resonators. I have driven about another 1000 miles with this system, and it is really not that bad. I actually am really enjoying it. It sounds amazing, and I think the carbon tips(even with the logo) look fantastic. The Sport Turismo seems to be slightly "bassy" the way it is anyway. This exhaust potentially may not drone at all on a sedan.
kj71109 is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 11:31 AM
  #9  
kj71109
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Dakota Dunes, SD
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I have my Akrapovic exhaust for sale if anyone is interested, please PM me. I have carbon tips and an unused control kit. I will post an ad tomorrow sometime. I have a couple videos of the exhaust I can text. I sold my Turbo ST for a GT3.

Last edited by kj71109; 07-14-2019 at 08:13 AM. Reason: roof rack sold
kj71109 is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 12:48 PM
  #10  
Djpeaksd
User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 71
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by kj71109 View Post
I have my Akrapovic exhaust for sale if anyone is interested, please PM me. I have carbon tips and an unused sound kit. I will post an ad tomorrow sometime. I have a couple videos of the exhaust I can text. I sold my Turbo ST for a GT3. Also have roof rack bars available as well.
Is the ST exhaust any different than the standard Panamera? Cause I have a normal Panamera Turbo. Also does the sound kit enable you to use the exhaust button in the car to open and close the valves?

I may be interested depending on how much you want for it, and how much it would be to ship.
Djpeaksd is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 12:53 PM
  #11  
kj71109
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Dakota Dunes, SD
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Djpeaksd View Post
Is the ST exhaust any different than the standard Panamera? Also does the sound kit enable you to use the exhaust button in the car to open and close the valves?
According to Akra, it fits both platforms. If you have the turn dial that switches modes, you will not need the sound kit. Which I believe all turbo models have? It functions just like OEM without the sound kit.
kj71109 is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: