Panamera 2010-Current

opinion on power steering plus

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 04:25 PM
robertsalem
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinion on power steering plus

hello all. i am scheduled to pick up a panamera 4S, i have driven them only with power steering plus. The one I am purchasing does not have it. I am unable to drive it as it is out of state. Any opinions on it being a cheap but important option? Also, is it retrofittable as i believe it is a software thing. Thanks all. Excited to join the community! Will post pics.

Also, anyone do the prepaid maintenance? I understand it raises the residual 1 percent, is that correct?
Old 05-09-2019, 02:57 PM
robertsalem
Track Day

so does anyone have power steering plus? not sure if i should move forward on the 4s if it is an important option.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

It’s a low speed steering bump up. I would prefer my car without it, but it comes with rear wheel steering
Old 05-09-2019, 04:21 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Outlaw
It’s a low speed steering bump up. I would prefer my car without it, but it comes with rear wheel steering
Which I would not want to be without in a Panamera.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:49 PM
lakeviking
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had two Panameras with it, a 2010 S and a 2015 GTS. I ordered my 2013 Boxster S without it, and did not like the feel, so I got my dealer to add it -- and that was a couple of years after the original purchase date. It is a software tweak, and can be added at the dealership. You will see other threads on Rennlist about power steering plus, and people are passionate for and against. As for me, I am very glad to have it, and ordered it on my 2019 911 4s. I found it to be very helpful in low speed maneuvering, and I could not tell any difference, with and without it, in my Boxster at high speed. Good luck.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:06 PM
robertsalem
Track Day

ok. this is excellent advice. i will ask the dealer to add the option via software update prior to taking delivery. it is a 280 option, not sure what they will charge to retro fit it.

i did select the porsche care for 2 years. it was 980 but raised the residual 1 point so net decrease in payment.

i have had power steering plus on our cayenne's and like the feeling, prob would not like the lack of assistance at low speeds.

i do wish i had the rear wheel steering, unfortunately not equipped that way on this 4S ST

Quick Reply: opinion on power steering plus