Panamera 2010-Current

971 Turbo Exhaust Options

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 12:55 PM
kj71109
Instructor

Received 154 Likes on 66 Posts
Default 971 Turbo Exhaust Options

Anyone running Akrapovic or FI Exhaust catback? I currently have the PSE on the my sport turismo turbo, and it is just not loud enough for me. Curious if there are other options out there that I need to consider? I believe FI is the only one currently making down pipes that I have seen. Not sure if I'm ready to go down this route or not. There's only a couple videos on YouTube that I have seen of the akra and fi. If anybody has seen some on another video sharing platform, please share.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:59 PM
hdavidson
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have an incoming GTS with PSE and plan to order the downpipes from Cargraphic. This seems like the quickest and least expensive option to add a little power and volume without having to replace the entire exhaust system. More details can be found here:

https://www.cargraphicts.com/en/bran...ems/downpipes/
Old 05-03-2019, 04:37 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by kj71109
Anyone running Akrapovic or FI Exhaust catback? I currently have the PSE on the my sport turismo turbo, and it is just not loud enough for me. Curious if there are other options out there that I need to consider? I believe FI is the only one currently making down pipes that I have seen. Not sure if I'm ready to go down this route or not. There's only a couple videos on YouTube that I have seen of the akra and fi. If anybody has seen some on another video sharing platform, please share.
With the downpipes you will need a tune afterwards. Have you had experience before with FI and Akrapovic or will this be your first time into either brand?

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 05-03-2019, 06:41 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by WheelsB
With the downpipes you will need a tune afterwards. Have you had experience before with FI and Akrapovic or will this be your first time into either brand?
Why would you need a tune on a mild exhaust pipe upgrade?
Old 05-04-2019, 12:21 AM
kj71109
Instructor

Received 154 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by WheelsB
I have had Akrapovic on my F80 M3 and my 991 GTS. Those both to me sounded the best out there. I decided today to pull the trigger on the Akrapovic. The build quality, as well as the clean sound from the videos I watched sold me on it. If I have time to make a video, I’ll post it up. If there continue to be other options out there, please let the community know.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:04 AM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a full length stainless agency power valved exhaust If anyone’s interested. P.m. me if you need photographs. Will sell at a great price.

Quick Reply: 971 Turbo Exhaust Options