Panamera 2010-Current

2018 Hybrid E brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 12:36 PM
louver
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Even when I put the brakes on hard the green lights lite up all the way.
Well, I didn't mean to imply that regen takes place only with light pedal pressure. It can happen during hard braking as well. The question is how much of your braking is based on regen. If you brake smoothly and gently, then a high percentage of the effort may be accomplished by regen. This is efficient in terms of both overall energy usage and brake pad wear. If you apply harder pedal pressure, then regen will max out and you will depend on friction for the balance of the braking force.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:14 AM
dreamingofa997
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Does anyone know whether the rear brake lights come on during regen braking?

and is it “one pedal driving” like other EV / PEHs? Or do you still use the brake pedal frequently?

oh and one last question...can it pre-condition the cabin climate on electric power? Presumably from an app or something?

if you couldn’t tell, I’m considering swapping my 2012 Turbo for one of these...Done a lot of research but these are the things I can’t find anywhere. Thanks!

Last edited by dreamingofa997; 12-04-2020 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-05-2020, 03:57 PM
Vintage12
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamingofa997
Does anyone know whether the rear brake lights come on during regen braking?

and is it “one pedal driving” like other EV / PEHs? Or do you still use the brake pedal frequently?

oh and one last question...can it pre-condition the cabin climate on electric power? Presumably from an app or something?

if you couldn’t tell, I’m considering swapping my 2012 Turbo for one of these...Done a lot of research but these are the things I can’t find anywhere. Thanks!
I think you are asking about regen when your foot is lifted away from the gas pedal, but not applied to the brake. In that scenario you'll get one light of regen showing but only a little bit of "engine braking" effect, so no brake light until you actually hit the brake, then depending on level of pressure you will see more and more regen lights showing in the dash. So no, not really one pedal driving, you will use the brake and gas pedal in a regular way. Yes, you can pre-cool or pre-heat the car remotely through the Porsche Connect app, it doesn't start the ICE but uses the hybrid battery - great feature. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
dreamingofa997 (12-05-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 06:58 PM
dreamingofa997
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vintage12
I think you are asking about regen when your foot is lifted away from the gas pedal, but not applied to the brake. In that scenario you'll get one light of regen showing but only a little bit of "engine braking" effect, so no brake light until you actually hit the brake, then depending on level of pressure you will see more and more regen lights showing in the dash. So no, not really one pedal driving, you will use the brake and gas pedal in a regular way. Yes, you can pre-cool or pre-heat the car remotely through the Porsche Connect app, it doesn't start the ICE but uses the hybrid battery - great feature. Good luck.
thanks for all that info, very helpful. It’s been a struggle so far to find one equipped the way I’d like, appears this search will require some patience.

very random question - does the car allow manual shifts with the paddles when in EV mode? Not that there’s any reason to ever do this, just curious. I have no idea how a human would know when to shift gears with no engine noise and no tachometer.
Old 12-05-2020, 07:19 PM
Vintage12
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamingofa997
thanks for all that info, very helpful. It’s been a struggle so far to find one equipped the way I’d like, appears this search will require some patience.

very random question - does the car allow manual shifts with the paddles when in EV mode? Not that there’s any reason to ever do this, just curious. I have no idea how a human would know when to shift gears with no engine noise and no tachometer.
If you use the paddle shifter in EV mode the car will switch on the ICE.
Old 12-05-2020, 07:20 PM
dreamingofa997
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vintage12
If you use the paddle shifter in EV mode the car will switch on the ICE.
makes sense, thanks for the info

Quick Reply: 2018 Hybrid E brakes