Turn Off Auto Stop Start

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2021, 06:10 AM
Gaz971
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIWIS 111 Stop start

Hi all.
I'm one of those unfortunate people in the uk where on my 2017 971 Porsche 4s they did a recall and totally removed the option of deactivating the auto stop/start in any mode, including the icon on the screen has been removed..The only way to deactivate s/s is to hit the full aircon button, ridiculous.
So I'm desperate to know if the latest 4.0 software will do it, as i cant seem to get the 38.200 anywhere and i know that on some of the previous updates the the engineer modes have been removed or reduce in there abilities.
Old 07-25-2021, 08:56 AM
FerdinandAG
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaz971
Hi all.
I'm one of those unfortunate people in the uk where on my 2017 971 Porsche 4s they did a recall and totally removed the option of deactivating the auto stop/start in any mode, including the icon on the screen has been removed..The only way to deactivate s/s is to hit the full aircon button, ridiculous.
So I'm desperate to know if the latest 4.0 software will do it, as i cant seem to get the 38.200 anywhere and i know that on some of the previous updates the the engineer modes have been removed or reduce in there abilities.
the seller has 38.250 + 38.900, I think you can solve your problem with this version
https://mhhauto.com/Thread-Piwis-3-v...clone-and-PT3G
Old 06-08-2022, 10:37 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 202 Posts

I know this is an old thread, but I just got a Panamera Turbo as a loaner (!!) when taking my Macan in for sched maint and for the life of me I cannot even find a button to turn off the AS/S feature while in Normal driving mode on the SC dial.

I'm not sure what year the car is (it's a car the dealership bought from a regular client and they're now using it as a loaner due to not having any new vehicles available) but it has the haptic console.

Is there no button in the Panny anymore? Is the only way to turn it off to go into S / S+?

TIA

P.S. This car is an absolute beast! And being that it's the Executive version, it barely fits in our garage.

Last edited by TikiLou; 06-08-2022 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-08-2022, 10:44 AM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 696 Likes on 478 Posts

Im never in normal mode unless on the highway for a Long time so that function is not active when Im stopped. There may be a spot deep in the menus but its gone once you shut down the car
The following users liked this post:
TikiLou (06-08-2022)
Old 06-16-2022, 05:47 AM
Unnamed335
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Samething on GTS, i am press sport mode and manually doing comfort mode for suspension for daily drive, its doing comfort driving with medium exhaust sound, but when i am need highest sound i using sport+. GTS version standartly have electronic valves with button on panel, and its regulate exhaust sound else depend of mode, sport+ mode giving shooting crazy exhaust🤗
Old 06-17-2022, 09:46 AM
krabman
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 143 Posts

Select car on the main menu at the left side of the infotainment screen or use the shortcut button below the screen to enter car settings. You'll see the defeat there among the options. Add it to the home screen if you're going to have the loaner for a while and don't want to stay in sport mode. Alternatively; in the car section you can also put the settings to your liking and then push the set as individual button to make those settings your individual mode.
Old 06-23-2022, 01:28 PM
Cavanmc
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you able to program the diamond button on the left side of steering wheel? That is what I did on my turbo S and works fine. Did it through vehicle setup while parked.
Old 06-23-2022, 03:36 PM
Unnamed335
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Cavanmc
Are you able to program the diamond button on the left side of steering wheel? That is what I did on my turbo S and works fine. Did it through vehicle setup while parked.
This button better for change track
Old 03-09-2024, 09:39 PM
gingerkurtz
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by B Russ
Is there any reason NOT to be in sport mode All the time?
When in Sport Mode are you not running in higher RPM's constantly? And maybe it's not always necessary? On my Boxster GTS 4.0, when in Sport Mode I never get to 7th gear. So when I enter my local Interstate, with a speed limit of 75, I'm running at higher RPM's than necessary? Yes?
Old 03-10-2024, 03:13 PM
H2Owon
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 82 Posts

Yes, Sport mode doesn't use 8th gear so you do see higher RPMs on the highway, and several hundred higher RPMs in local driving. It keeps the lower RPM in the bottom of the torque curve. I like the response and different PDK behavior in Sport for in town driving. I use Sport in town, and Individual (start/stop disabled) on the highway.
Old 03-11-2024, 03:17 AM
DebianDog
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by H2Owon
Yes, Sport mode doesn't use 8th gear so you do see higher RPMs on the highway, and several hundred higher RPMs in local driving. It keeps the lower RPM in the bottom of the torque curve. I like the response and different PDK behavior in Sport for in town driving. I use Sport in town, and Individual (start/stop disabled) on the highway.
I have only had my Porsche a few weeks but have come to the same conclusion (different solution). The steering wheel button is programmed for next track. I can click the sport button and suspension if I need it but for daily "normal" driving I use individual with the start stop turned off as the default.
Old 04-08-2024, 10:33 PM
djdonte
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by rbrunelle
Definitely can be done on US cars. Need a PIWIS 3 in engineering mode so the dealer will not do it. I can do it in a few minutes. Here is a picture of the screen taken from a 971 gateway module in engineering mode, manual programing area.

as you can see Stop prohibition is a selectable option.
Hi. I know this is an old post but I thought I would ping you anyway. I have a 2018 971. I paid someone to disable S/S but after resetting my maintenance interval it’s back. The button was completely gone from my PCM car screen. He did it remotely so I forgot what all he did. Stop prohibition is what I need to code this value for?

I tried writing this to “not active” in the first DME module in engineering mode, but it did not make the button go away. Oddly it was this number value you see. Any ideas?

Old 04-10-2024, 07:48 AM
djdonte
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Coding the gateway module shown in my last quoted post did not work for my 2018 4S unless I am going about the coding process wrong. I used the write button after changing the value in manual coding without rules, then backed out to the coding programing main menu and did automatic coding. It seemed to code the module, and PIWIS showed it to be stop prohibation, but no change on the PCM car menu and it goes back to normal operation after a power cycle. I have PIWIS clone v42. I guess I am going to pay him to remote in and turn it back off today. Maybe I will pay better attention this time since I would like to turn it back on should be car need warranty work.

Quick Reply: Turn Off Auto Stop Start