Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Just placed a down-payment on a 2019GTS!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 03:09 PM
F K
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Outlaw
Ha, was thinking that exactly today. Body lean non existent as well.

I would second suggestion about turbo. The GTS is really detuned. Some will say Turbo is detuned as same engine makes another 100 hp in Lambo Urus.

question. How much less was GTS build vs Turbo?
The cheapest Turbo available was around 3
45k$ difference.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:26 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Strange as price difference is 23k on config and your getting more standard options. But I understand, it’s alot of $$$
Old 04-03-2019, 03:28 PM
F K
Intermediate

It is a lot of $ esp that im on a tight budget. Maybe because the turbos on the lot were really speced out.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:39 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Originally Posted by F K
It is a lot of $ esp that im on a tight budget. Maybe because the turbos on the lot were really speced out.
thats what I mean. If your ordering as I did, think about turbo with less options. ( but again a lot more standard. ) Car is really special.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:34 PM
SUPWAGON
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats on your purchase

I agree they are really special cars, I have a Turbo which will never be on a track. For the freeway and side roads they are perfect. I was up in the North Carolina mountains, the power to pass going up hill is amazing and the road holding is wonderful. Stable and you feel safe. I do not have PDCC and see no need for it. But I do have RWS and find it helpful in parking lots and it provides the ability to turn the car as if it was a small car. I also have Panorama View parking which is great in parking lots.

I hear a lot of talk about bargains and I got a reasonable year end deal. The cars remaining in SE Florida are not that nice. Bad colors like burgundy or poor options selection. But I do not see many really good cars left. Sounds like you got a good deal and you got what you want. There is a trade off between the lowest price and getting what you want. Some people want the cheapest price while others will pay to get what they want. Its a personal choice good luck and enjoy. For me the Turbo I got was about the same as ordering a GTS. The Turbo dealer provided a better trade in on my Cayenne and a larger % discount on the car in stock than on a order car.

Last edited by SUPWAGON; 04-03-2019 at 04:38 PM. Reason: added some more comments
Old 04-03-2019, 04:48 PM
F K
Intermediate

Yes i probably wil never take it on track im disappointed that i did not order the rws but I'll just have to adapt. I fell in love with the interior and placed an order from a dealer who i randomly called to check when the gts will arrive because the intial dealer told me mid June but the dealership i called which is an hour drive didn't hesitate to give me a great discount in the expense of waiting till late july or August. I sent him my specs and the next day signed the contract.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:50 PM
F K
Intermediate

If my budget was higher i would have ordered the burmister sound system unfortunately i couldn't.
How is the bose sound system?
Old 04-03-2019, 05:21 PM
Outlaw
Pro

FK you realize you can change options for awhile right?

BOSE is fine. As long as you feed it quality.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:24 PM
F K
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Outlaw
FK you realize you can change options for awhile right?

BOSE is fine. As long as you feed it quality.

What! My dealer told me i cannot do any more changes cuz its allocated for June build and confirmed.
Maybe he got bored of me asking for so many changes.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:35 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by F K
What! My dealer told me i cannot do any more changes cuz its allocated for June build and confirmed.
Definitely worth checking. You can also call the sales manager to ask...

The Bose system is fine (for me).
Old 04-03-2019, 11:16 PM
hdavidson
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by F K
if it’s a June allocation you should be fine making changes.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:33 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I placed my order beginning of april in 2018, my car was a june build and i was able to change the specification till end of april.

After 14 years at BMW (lots of 5 series and the x6), I also dared to change the brand. With nothing exciting out there, it was a straight shoot off between the G31 550d and the Panamera. There are lots of things one needs to get used to when you enter the Porsche world (first shock is that you never know your current consumption) but it is a matter of time you get used to. I even got used to a HUD-less life :-)

I would seriously recommend taking the 4 wheel steering. It makes the huge car very driveable. Bose on the ohter hand is fine if you are used to the BMW Hifi professional sound system.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:54 AM
F K
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rsyed
I placed my order beginning of april in 2018, my car was a june build and i was able to change the specification till end of april.

After 14 years at BMW (lots of 5 series and the x6), I also dared to change the brand. With nothing exciting out there, it was a straight shoot off between the G31 550d and the Panamera. There are lots of things one needs to get used to when you enter the Porsche world (first shock is that you never know your current consumption) but it is a matter of time you get used to. I even got used to a HUD-less life :-)

I would seriously recommend taking the 4 wheel steering. It makes the huge car very driveable. Bose on the ohter hand is fine if you are used to the BMW Hifi professional sound system.
Thanks for the reccomendation i went ahead and added the 4wheel steering option and like you said the dealer told me i have till the end of April to make more changes. Regarding the sound system my x6 has the b&o which is nice but always felt the bass was too loud on the other hand my 650gc had the normal sound system if im not mistaken and i was more than happy with it. The new HUD option is what made me decide to go with porsche rather than benz and i already know ive done the right decision after test driving both. Can't wait!
Old 04-04-2019, 08:55 AM
F K
Intermediate

People who had a June build.How long did you wsit for the car to arrive? Im in the middle east region if that makes a difference in shipping time.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:35 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

if you were happy with the standard 650 sound system (probably hifi 676 or hifi professional 677), then you should be more than fine with the Bose. Burmeister obviously sounds amazing but before you tick that expensive box, there are lots of other boxes you need to tick first :-)

Quick Reply: Just placed a down-payment on a 2019GTS!