Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera-167/)
-   -   Where do you put stuff? (https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera/1135200-where-do-you-put-stuff.html)

pokingaround 03-24-2019 03:04 PM

Where do you put stuff?

Finally back and getting the chance to put some miles on my PTT ST and overall love it. One kind of surprising/disappointing thing is how little storage there is in the driver compartment. It seems that just about every other vehicle these days has all sorts of storage compartments...in the dash by your left knee, overhead, bottom of the center stack, behind the center stack, cupholder/armrest area, etc.

In the Panamera you basically have the ashtray thing, which is really too small and deep for much of anything, or the compartment under the armrest which doesn't open conveniently while driving. I'm talking about for things like change, sunglasses, lip balm (don't hate), etc.

Perhaps a small thing, but a niggle nonetheless.

CanuckGT4 03-24-2019 03:33 PM

Very true, it's been an adjustment for me as well.

user 8298308 03-24-2019 06:26 PM

Other than the ancient infotainment system that is PCM (on my 2016 4S; I realize 2017 and up has a full rework), the lack of driver storage is baffling to me. There's not even a great place to put sunglasses, as you said.

pokingaround 03-24-2019 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by CanuckGT4 (Post 15725489)

Originally Posted by aaronjb_ME (Post 15725801)
Other than the ancient infotainment system that is PCM (on my 2016 4S; I realize 2017 and up has a full rework), the lack of driver storage is baffling to me. There's not even a great place to put sunglasses, as you said.

Maybe Germans don’t have “stuff.”

HankB 03-25-2019 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by pokingaround (Post 15726544)

Maybe Germans don’t have “stuff.”

maybe, but our 2017 Macan at least had little drop down compartments in the front of the front seats. Big enough for a flashlight.

K777 03-25-2019 05:37 AM

agree. not very good.

pokingaround 03-25-2019 01:48 PM

I find myself now looking on Amazon for small bins or whatever to put inside the glove box.

I also keep fantasizing that the PCM screen is going to magically fold down and reveal a cubby.

Paul Rathjen 03-25-2019 02:01 PM

The first gen has the same problem. The center console is pretty small, even the glove box is fairly limited.

I have one of those add in storage things that slips in between the passenger seat and the seatbelt to fill the gap. Its rubber, and provides a great place for a phone or other frequently used things. Other than that, the most tasteful think is something that mounts to the back of the seat or sits on the rear seat as an organizer.

DogWood 03-25-2019 02:30 PM

That is what the passenger is for :-)

NJS_04_996 03-25-2019 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by CanuckGT4 (Post 15725489)

But it does force one to be a lot neater! Yes, my other car- MINI Cooper has all the little spaces one seeks - but then winds up being a lot more messier and collects crude in all those spaces.
Happy to have less in the Panamera!

Santa Cruz Red 03-26-2019 12:20 AM

"Where do I put stuff"... in my A8. Much bigger trunk, er... bigly trunk! :roflmao:

pokingaround 03-26-2019 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by NJS_04_996 (Post 15729076)
But it does force one to be a lot neater! Yes, my other car- MINI Cooper has all the little spaces one seeks - but then winds up being a lot more messier and collects crude in all those spaces.
Happy to have less in the Panamera!

It's funny - I have a canvas tote bag in my front passenger foot well full of all the stuff I took out of my Volvo. My wife is due to go through it with me to rationalize down to the "must haves" (much of it is her stuff...) for the glove box and armrest space.

Originally Posted by Santa Cruz Red (Post 15729116)
"Where do I put stuff"... in my A8. Much bigger trunk, er... bigly trunk! :roflmao:

Heh. Yes I have a feeling that some of my stuff will migrate to my wife's LR Discovery...

lexhair 03-26-2019 06:00 PM

I put my sunglasses in the driver door pocket. I discovered it hinges out a bit right after I thought I broke it. I refuse to put coins in that can holder/whatever in the console but that's probably it's highest use because I can't use the gear selector with a cup mounted phone holder in it. With my advanced seating position, I have to reach sort of backwards to open the center console which is like a UFC submission move.

pokingaround 03-26-2019 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by lexhair (Post 15730850)
I put my sunglasses in the driver door pocket. I discovered it hinges out a bit right after I thought I broke it. I refuse to put coins in that can holder/whatever in the console but that's probably it's highest use because I can't use the gear selector with a cup mounted phone holder in it. With my advanced seating position, I have to reach sort of backwards to open the center console which is like a UFC submission move.

😂

Which reminds me - should I swap out the smokers package for the non-smoker package bin thing? Part is like $55 on Suncoast though not sure how big an electrical job it is to remove the lighter...