Notices

Potential purchase pricing advice

Old 03-12-2019, 01:21 PM
GoBlue!
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mllarson View Post
Purchased a new 2018 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo last fall. $178 MSRP for $20K off. We also have a Macan S (wife), and a Tesla MS P85DL.
Max
PM sent mllarson
Old 03-12-2019, 06:31 PM
martinced
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pokingaround View Post
4) The Porsche warranty can be extended to 7/85k. You'd have to go 3rd party to get beyond that. 20k mi/year for 5+ years in your case makes me lean that much more toward new, in order to get the full factory warranty.
Which Porsche warranty are you talking about? The Porsche Approved warranty can be subscribed up to 15 years / 200 000 km (125 000 miles). And in the various countries I've been all the Porsche dealer told me the same: it's a worldwide warranty. Can be subscribed anywhere (as long as your car qualifies: regular maintenance at official dealerships and no crazy mods for example) and you can bring your car in any Porsche dealership in the world should you have an issue covered by the warranty. FWIW on mine I've got a warranty subscribed in germany although I don't have german plates and I've brought it to a spanish dealership under warranty (although the car doesn't have spanish plates either). Everywhere they told me the same: it's a worldwide warranty.

https://www.porsche.com/usa/approved...rscheapproved/

Old 03-12-2019, 07:47 PM
pokingaround
User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by martinced View Post
Which Porsche warranty are you talking about? The Porsche Approved warranty can be subscribed up to 15 years / 200 000 km (125 000 miles). And in the various countries I've been all the Porsche dealer told me the same: it's a worldwide warranty. Can be subscribed anywhere (as long as your car qualifies: regular maintenance at official dealerships and no crazy mods for example) and you can bring your car in any Porsche dealership in the world should you have an issue covered by the warranty. FWIW on mine I've got a warranty subscribed in germany although I don't have german plates and I've brought it to a spanish dealership under warranty (although the car doesn't have spanish plates either). Everywhere they told me the same: it's a worldwide warranty.

https://www.porsche.com/usa/approved...rscheapproved/
Cool. The 7/85k option was what the selling dealer told me was available as an extension. Said it was a Porsche warranty though who knows. They're remote so I won't be dealing with them in any case. When my 4/50k factory warranty is coming due I'll ask my local dealer about this. Great to know thanks! Though I've not kept a car longer than 8 years (ever) I really love the PTT ST so if it proves relatively reliable and the love affair lasts I may keep it for a long time, making the extended warranty an absolute must.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:18 PM
gregf
User

If you want to slum down to a GTS, I have a 2015, black with beautiful full leather interior in Cognac, Sport Chrono, Sport Exhaust, Turbo Wheels, 17 K original miles with original warranty until Sept 2019 and transferable CPO 2 yr unlimited miles warranty following that. Originally a corporate car, California owned and operated. Bought it a month ago instead of a 911 thinking I needed to hauling capacity. But it's just larger than I'd like for everyday driving and I have an old BMW 325 station wagon that I am going to keep for the dog, lumberyard, etc. So I am looking to sell the Panamera. I paid 74K for it - will of course take a hit on the sales tax & tags, but would love to sell privately rather than taking the abuse of trading it in. So any reasonable offer entertained. Reply or PM me if interested. I am in San Francisco area (Napa, CA).
Old 03-22-2019, 05:04 PM
GoBlue!
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gregf View Post
If you want to slum down to a GTS, I have a 2015, black with beautiful full leather interior in Cognac, Sport Chrono, Sport Exhaust, Turbo Wheels, 17 K original miles with original warranty until Sept 2019 and transferable CPO 2 yr unlimited miles warranty following that. Originally a corporate car, California owned and operated. Bought it a month ago instead of a 911 thinking I needed to hauling capacity. But it's just larger than I'd like for everyday driving and I have an old BMW 325 station wagon that I am going to keep for the dog, lumberyard, etc. So I am looking to sell the Panamera. I paid 74K for it - will of course take a hit on the sales tax & tags, but would love to sell privately rather than taking the abuse of trading it in. So any reasonable offer entertained. Reply or PM me if interested. I am in San Francisco area (Napa, CA).
Thanks but am looking for a Sport Turismo. Still toying with the idea of a Turbo S vs. Turbo but not sure that I am fully comfortable with the battery technology given I tend to keep cars for 100+k miles (would be out of warranty and would have to worry about diminishing battery holding a charge). I know there are a couple huge eHybrid fans around but also some detractors who have not owned.

GLWS and a private transaction transfers the CPO, correct? PS nothing slumming about a GTS, especially a naturally aspirated one.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:30 PM
gregf
User

I get the idea of the ST if you have a lot of hauling to do. Original warranty and CPO do transfer in a private sale. The CPO is nullified if sold through a third party like CarMax. The one trade in quote I have gotten thus far from a Porsche dealer doesn't seem to take the CPO into account, although I believe it would transfer in that situation w/o additional cost to the dealer. Prevailing logic is the dealer pays $3500 to offer a car CPO, so that will most likely be added to their asking price. Give the Pano a good test drive - it's 14 inches LOA and 5 in wheelbase longer than the Macan (we have an '18). Feels quite a bit different. Good luck in your search!
Old 07-02-2019, 11:26 AM
GoBlue!
Addict
Rennlist Member

Quick update. Took delivery last night of this highly optioned 2018 beauty after a 4-month search. Not a great day for the inaugural test run. First planned stop is over to CanvasBack Custom Liners to see if they can custom make a cargo liner so the dogs can join in the fun. Lots to go through and learn. I should get a chance to clean up and take better photos and car/transaction details over the long weekend.

Many thanks to all forum members whom I have reached out to or helped provide assistance including SUPWAGON , pokingaround , Pana TJ , MKC91 , louver , jnolan , cometguy , jsfried18 , Johnny5Alive , mllarson FC356 and others I have forgotten to mention
The following 2 users liked this post by GoBlue!:
krabman (07-02-2019), skiracer (07-02-2019)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: