Panamera 2010-Current

2019 Panamera GTS

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 04:27 PM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by DevLep
I've considered ordering one as well, and I've done a lot of research. It just doesn't seem to be anywhere near as special as the 970 GTS was. And when I ordered my 2016 GTS the base price was 113k and now it's 128k?.. meh
The price increase over the prior generation GTS would be more palatable for me if it included RWS and PDCC. It’s supposed to be a handler after all. Also noticed the carbon fiber trim is now extra (standard on the 2014 GTS). Although being 100 pounds heavier it’s 0.3sec quicker to 60 MPH.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:20 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by justabout

The price increase over the prior generation GTS would be more palatable for me if it included RWS and PDCC. It’s supposed to be a handler after all. Also noticed the carbon fiber trim is now extra (standard on the 2014 GTS). Although being 100 pounds heavier it’s 0.3sec quicker to 60 MPH.
Agreed. This car has to have the goodies in PDCC and RWS, sport chrono. WTH would you spend this $$ without?

All the used turbos for sale that are cheap do not have these necessary options.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:11 AM
ClayMan28
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Outlaw

Agreed. This car has to have the goodies in PDCC and RWS, sport chrono. WTH would you spend this $$ without?

All the used turbos for sale that are cheap do not have these necessary options.
I have to respectfully disagree. I'd spec RWS but they bundle it with Power Steering Plus, which kills whatever steering feel is left in the electromechanical rack. Linear all the way in a performance car, please. Parking lot maneuovres will remind you not to dry steer, a good thing.

Same thing with PTV+, I'd want the limited slip but they force PDCC on you with it. Cool technology, but adds significant weight to an already burly car and I'd argue it does more for comfort than performance by essentially disconnecting the stabilizer / sway bars on leisurely driving and allowing the suspension to act completely independently until needed. In a non-PDCC car the traditional sway bars are working all the time, so bumps won't be as comfortable but they'll be there working just the same in the corners.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:24 AM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Well I’ll just say I drove both at limits at high speed and I can tell you the front understeers and rearend doesn’t just lean it lifts, making rear end unstable. Anti sway bars only do so much with this weight.

Not happy with power steering plus either. But it’s my understanding it only Engages under 15 mph.

Last edited by Outlaw; 03-04-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:20 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by ClayMan28
I have to respectfully disagree. I'd spec RWS but they bundle it with Power Steering Plus, which kills whatever steering feel is left in the electromechanical rack. Linear all the way in a performance car, please. Parking lot maneuovres will remind you not to dry steer, a good thing.

Same thing with PTV+, I'd want the limited slip but they force PDCC on you with it. Cool technology, but adds significant weight to an already burly car and I'd argue it does more for comfort than performance by essentially disconnecting the stabilizer / sway bars on leisurely driving and allowing the suspension to act completely independently until needed. In a non-PDCC car the traditional sway bars are working all the time, so bumps won't be as comfortable but they'll be there working just the same in the corners.
Exactly how I feel. I would still put up with the RWS. It's a must IMO. But having the diff with the active swaybars is not ideal. I think a little body roll is a good thing. I'm still a little miffed about the output. Slotting in around 480-500hp I think would have been a much fairer number. I may wait a few years to see how the facelift addresses these things. Also I wish the panamera offered a center read seat delete that didn't require adding power rear seats. The center is pratically useless and I think the 4 seater config has a different "feel" too it.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:55 PM
hdavidson
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by richardbf
Also I wish the panamera offered a center read seat delete that didn't require adding power rear seats. The center is pratically useless and I think the 4 seater config has a different "feel" too it.
Selecting 4-zone climate control eliminates the middle rear seat.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:07 PM
TAG ceo
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually they all come as 4 seaters standard. You can opt for a center seat - but certain options are not available with it.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:25 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by TAG ceo
actually they all come as 4 seaters standard. You can opt for a center seat - but certain options are not available with it.
My apologies. I meant on the estate. The estate comes with 5 seat standard. You can go back to 4 seats if you get the power rear seats.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:29 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by richardbf
Exactly how I feel. I would still put up with the RWS. It's a must IMO. But having the diff with the active swaybars is not ideal. I think a little body roll is a good thing. I'm still a little miffed about the output. Slotting in around 480-500hp I think would have been a much fairer number. I may wait a few years to see how the facelift addresses these things. Also I wish the panamera offered a center read seat delete that didn't require adding power rear seats. The center is pratically useless and I think the 4 seater config has a different "feel" too it.
I guess I can't debate 'feel' with you, but, IMO having the +1 is well worth it. In a pinch, someone can sit there obviously, even if not in particularly luxurious style or tremendous comfort. Moreover, what you *gain* when you delete that seat isn't all that special IMO. The center screen has some wow factor, but that fades with familiarity. Different strokes I suppose, but I wouldn't trade the utility and comfort of knowing that I could tote a 5th person if the need arose.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:15 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by br911
This is personal preference, but I needed a 4 door sedan, and got an M5 Competition fully loaded with ceramic brakes and top notch Merino leather interior - 617 hp stock. Likely cheaper than a GTS Pana. I didn't even consider Panamera. Sub-optimal in my opinion.
Accept that one is a £50k car specced to £100k and feels it...amazing engine and handling but as a package - you can tell the difference. I had one as a loaner and loved many elements of it but it just doesn't feel special enough.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:22 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by ajriches01
Accept that one is a £50k car specced to £100k and feels it...amazing engine and handling but as a package - you can tell the difference. I had one as a loaner and loved many elements of it but it just doesn't feel special enough.
Totally agree. The 5 series is quite nice, but even dressed to the nines in M-spec is nowhere near the level of luxury or refinement in the Panamera. Same with MB + AMG in the E63. Both cars may outperform the Porsche, but I'll take the Porsche every time.

Quick Reply: 2019 Panamera GTS