Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Will this work in the back of a Sport Turismo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 11:26 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Will this work in the back of a Sport Turismo?

I frequently take my dog with me on short trips to the town park, paths, etc. Too far to walk there. I have a weather tech rubber mat for the trunk floor, but that doesn't address the dog hair problem. The backs of the back seats and sidewalls of the trunk area of my current car (Volvo wagon) are covered in dog hair. I was thinking of getting something like this for my PTT ST, but, given the way it wants to use straps to connect to headrest support bars, I'm not sure this would work in the Porsche as I don't believe the L/R rear seat headrest bars are exposed (unlike the center headrest). Is that correct?

Amazon Amazon
Old 02-19-2019, 11:29 AM
TAG ceo
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no bars like that on the rear headrests - they are molded into the seat - there is a small hole in the center that you may be able to run the strap through
Old 02-19-2019, 11:34 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TAG ceo
no bars like that on the rear headrests - they are molded into the seat - there is a small hole in the center that you may be able to run the strap through
Thanks. I thought about feeding the strap through the hole but then I would imagine that I'll be paranoid about the nylon strap rubbing against the leather. And don't want to use velcro either. No easy solution here it seems.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:00 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by pokingaround
Thanks. I thought about feeding the strap through the hole but then I would imagine that I'll be paranoid about the nylon strap rubbing against the leather. And don't want to use velcro either. No easy solution here it seems.
if you're worried about the nylon on the leather, just wrap it in a cloth 'sleeve'

there are some really nice soft microfibers out there
Old 02-19-2019, 10:42 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DogWood
if you're worried about the nylon on the leather, just wrap it in a cloth 'sleeve'

there are some really nice soft microfibers out there
Interating idea, thanks.

Maybe Porsche makes a matching sleeve for nylon straps. $1400. 😂
Old 02-20-2019, 12:26 AM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Interating idea, thanks.

Maybe Porsche makes a matching sleeve for nylon straps. $1400. 😂
LOL, I'm sure the dealer would be happy to take your money
Old 02-20-2019, 10:36 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DogWood
LOL, I'm sure the dealer would be happy to take your money
So would the lady who does our window treatments. The only thing more expensive than Porsche options. 🤣
Old 02-20-2019, 11:10 AM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

I was thinking you could just slip a pillow cover over them for protection, but only because I hate to pay that Porsche tax! Maybe you could get the Porsche logo embroidered on the covers to help lighten your wallet?
Old 02-20-2019, 01:49 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I frequently take my dog with me on short trips to the town park, paths, etc. Too far to walk there. I have a weather tech rubber mat for the trunk floor, but that doesn't address the dog hair problem. The backs of the back seats and sidewalls of the trunk area of my current car (Volvo wagon) are covered in dog hair. I was thinking of getting something like this for my PTT ST, but, given the way it wants to use straps to connect to headrest support bars, I'm not sure this would work in the Porsche as I don't believe the L/R rear seat headrest bars are exposed (unlike the center headrest). Is that correct?

https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Products-...k%2Bliner&th=1
Keep your 2018 V90 CC for your dog, rather than trading it in. Buy a Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo to make up for the lack of trade-in value, and you'll be happy with the 462 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:46 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by skiracer
I was thinking you could just slip a pillow cover over them for protection, but only because I hate to pay that Porsche tax! Maybe you could get the Porsche logo embroidered on the covers to help lighten your wallet?
Heh. Trying not to make the car look too too shabby. Thinking of the scorn I'd get from purists who saw pillowcases over the seats! Of course, I may get scorn about the dog regardless.

Originally Posted by cometguy
Keep your 2018 V90 CC for your dog, rather than trading it in. Buy a Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo to make up for the lack of trade-in value, and you'll be happy with the 462 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque.
Too late! The PTT ST is on the way, and the Volvo will be on the return trip!

Quick Reply: Will this work in the back of a Sport Turismo?