Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Cargraphic lowering module height adjustment process on 971

Old 01-28-2019, 03:06 PM
CanuckGT4
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 173 Posts
Default Cargraphic lowering module height adjustment process on 971

Hello everyone, i picked up the cargraphic lowering module last week for my 971 4S ST and installed this past weekend.
More of a pia than i anticipated(what with removing the liner, figuring out how the connectors attach..etc. i'm a dope sometimes) but it's finally done.
A few issues of concern.

1. As soon as i installed the unit, the car dropped about 30mm front and 15mm rear instantly. Looks pretty darn good. However. For the life of me i can't figure out how to adjust any more than this.
Using the adjustment screws, 2 dots front, 1 dot rear, if i adjust down(clockwise) or up(counterclockwise) nothing happens...period. Even if i leave the car overnight, turn on/off, accessories on/off etc.
I guess the question is, what is the official process for adjustment?
I received their install instructions which are clearly not written by a good english speaker and they are very light on any kind of detail.
Help would be appreciated!

2. I wish the cable to the box was a bit longer so i could store the module inside the trunk(stuck on to the liner somewhere) instead of behind the liner. Any additional changes would require removing the trim again which is a total nightmare to get back in correct position.
I did stick the on/off switch into there location where the 12V outlet lives in the trunk as a plus. Didn't feel like spending hours routing it somewhere up front and ripping apart my console.
I know the trunk isn't a good place for the switch but i want to keep my work to a minimum at this point if it's not functioning correctly.
Besides, if i want to raise the car, can just use height adjustment on the screen that the car already allows. Is this correct?

thanks!

Here is my epic trunk install.
The two wires with blue tape on them are #4/5 wires that need(or so i've read online) to be removed to disable the speed deactivation of the lowering module. I think above 40mph it defaults to raise the car back to stock. silly.

Height is pretty good now but would still like some adjustment options.

Last edited by CanuckGT4; 01-28-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:09 PM
Edman951
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good, to bad it's not more adjustable ? I was under the impression the idea behind it that is was unable height
Old 01-30-2019, 04:33 PM
CanuckGT4
Burning Brakes

Yeah, that's the sales pitch. The instructions from cargraphic are little more than telling you to install and then adjust...thanks so much!
I'm trying to get some more detail out of them and it seems that once you adjust the screws you're supposed to raise and then lower the vehicle in the pcm on the dash to set the height. Oh really? i didn't see that anywhere!
At any rate, i couldn't get it to work that way either because it's not clear if you have to have the car engine on or just accessory mode or whatever... ugh. Frustrating.
It appears they expect everyone to just install it and accept the default lowering it comes with. Well i would have bought lowering links for 10% of the price and saved myself time in that case!
I may just have to return the unit if i can't get some clear instructions that work. will update when possible.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:18 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Why not just do links?
Old 01-30-2019, 08:29 PM
CanuckGT4
Burning Brakes

I did links previously and they worked great on my RS7. I wanted something quicker (or so i thought) and re-saleable after i dispose of the vehicle.
Plus, adjusting with links is time consuming as you have to take off wheel, adjust, put wheel back on, lower, measure, repeat for best results.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:47 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

you might try PM Joby - he posted in another thread how happy he was with his - might be able to help you out
Old 01-31-2019, 12:34 PM
Djpeaksd
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

looks great! Not sure why you cant adjust it though. There has to be something you are missing or it is a faulty module. Keep me posted as I planned to get a module of some sort.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:10 PM
CanuckGT4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Djpeaksd
looks great! Not sure why you cant adjust it though. There has to be something you are missing or it is a faulty module. Keep me posted as I planned to get a module of some sort.
thanks, just figuring out whether to return it or not and get links. if i can't adjust the thing, what's the sense in keeping it?
still waiting for cargraphic to give me an official response about the procedure for adjustment. so far they have tried to be helpful but just not enough detail to figure out if i'm doing it wrong/right.
they only give me 14 days to return and i'm at day 7 now.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:24 PM
Joby
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Just saw your post. I have been happy with the module, but honestly never adjusted it from the default setting. As I have 4 wheel steering and 15mm spacers all around and was happy with the stance I didn't want to push it too aggressively. I however have been thinking about lowering the back more. So when I get home this weekend, I will give it a try and let you know if it drops. Did you speak with the people where you bought it, or I believe there was a help number for cargraphics, but language may be an issue. Also install was not bad for me, as I don;t have the storage package, so I just peel back the liner and bend it and able to get access withour removing, since you have the metal bar I assume you are unable to do that. Also my switch, I routed, all the way to under the dashboard, so I can switch it when driving, I just added about 2ft of extra wire and it's comopletely hidden and easily accessible.

When you adjust it, are you adjusting it with the car on or off? Driver door closed/open? I get back home Saturday so I will post my experience.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:26 PM
Joby
Advanced

Here is mine at default setting.

Here is mine at default setting.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:46 PM
CanuckGT4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Joby
Just saw your post. I have been happy with the module, but honestly never adjusted it from the default setting. As I have 4 wheel steering and 15mm spacers all around and was happy with the stance I didn't want to push it too aggressively. I however have been thinking about lowering the back more. So when I get home this weekend, I will give it a try and let you know if it drops. Did you speak with the people where you bought it, or I believe there was a help number for cargraphics, but language may be an issue. Also install was not bad for me, as I don;t have the storage package, so I just peel back the liner and bend it and able to get access withour removing, since you have the metal bar I assume you are unable to do that. Also my switch, I routed, all the way to under the dashboard, so I can switch it when driving, I just added about 2ft of extra wire and it's comopletely hidden and easily accessible.
When you adjust it, are you adjusting it with the car on or off? Driver door closed/open? I get back home Saturday so I will post my experience.
I think what you have done so far is what most have been doing, installing and leaving at the default setting. This is why there is a paucity of information out there on this topic.
In the last day, here is my process and i'm not sure if it works. I haven't actually measured anything but eye-balling it, i think this might be the right process.

1. turn on vehicle, make sure height is set to "low", then get out and close drivers door with car running.
2. open trunk, adjust screws to your desired height, close trunk.
3. get into drivers seat, close door, increase height in the pcm from low to "normal" and wait for it to adjust, then decrease height from normal to low.
4. the "low" setting should now be programmed to the height you set by adjusting the screws in step 2.
5. now measure the difference.

I'll try it again tonight and measure any changes against what i calculate from my adjustments.

I have been in direct contact with the cargraphic people over email and while they were helpful initially, my last message about more detail has resulted in crickets. Will give them a couple more days.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:53 PM
4sPanamera
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So it is not adjustable then?
How is your ride with this, very harsh??
Old 01-31-2019, 06:07 PM
CanuckGT4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 4sPanamera
So it is not adjustable then?
How is your ride with this, very harsh??
1. still trying to figure that one out
2. a bit firmer than stock but not all that much so.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:55 PM
Joby
Advanced

One other thing to point out, is that I believe each 360 turn of the screw is 1 mm and therefore you need to turn the screw 25 times to drop an inch.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:32 PM
CanuckGT4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Joby
One other thing to point out, is that I believe each 360 turn of the screw is 1 mm and therefore you need to turn the screw 25 times to drop an inch.
According to cargraphic and their instructions, one complete turn is 2mm.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cargraphic lowering module height adjustment process on 971