Panamera 2010-Current

2019 panamera sport turismo GTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 09:10 PM
Mdd511
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 panamera sport turismo GTS

Just ordered a ‘19 sport turismo GTS anyone else out there in the same boat?
Old 01-25-2019, 03:32 AM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

You just ordered one and it's already on a boat? What's it's name?
Old 01-25-2019, 12:59 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdd511
Just ordered a ‘19 sport turismo GTS anyone else out there in the same boat?
Believe me it's on my mind..........but the E63s estate is so appealing......and 25k less how I want it.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:04 PM
hdavidson
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I’ve been considering it. Can you share your spec?
Old 01-26-2019, 07:26 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by richardbf
Believe me it's on my mind..........but the E63s estate is so appealing......and 25k less how I want it.
I have a E63S Estate and a Panamera Turbo S e-hybrid Sport Turismo. They are really very different cars and if you have your heart set on the E63S for the stance, aggressiveness, sound, and performance, I think the Panamera will disappoint you. The Panamera, on the other hand, is more $ because it is a much more luxurious car that also delivers on performance. The first time I drove my Panamera I was a little disappointed until about 10 minutes in when I really appreciated the attention to detail, cabin comfort, and overall feel of the car. Obviously the performance is right on the E63S but it just feels different, a lot less raw and unrestrained. The Mercedes is pretty bonkers to drive and if the car shed some weight, even just 500 lbs, it would be in a class by itself.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:08 PM
FC356
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Taking delivery of CPO Sports Turismo 4 on Saturday. Loaded with cool options, Sports Pkg, Special Painted body color wheel, Carbon Fiber pkg, etc...Volcano with Blk leather interior...will be my DD.Pics when the car arrives...Great deal...too good to pass up.

Frank
Old 02-01-2019, 02:01 PM
cowtownhusker
1st Gear

Default E63 wagon vs panamera 4s

Trading in my 14 E63s sedan. Drove a slightly used E63s wagon that sold that same day. Very disappointed. Dealer pointed in the direction of a panamera 4s demo yesterday. Certainly not the guttural sound/power of my current car, but a more luxurious car. But no voice control on a $146,000 car???? He stated (and I have read) most use apple carplay. Any thoughts on this? This may be a deal breaker for me as I use my Nav frequently.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:16 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

I am impressed you used the voice control on your Mercedes. Like almost all of the OEM voice systems, I found the structured syntax and menu-centric approach to be incredibly frustrating. Apple has a long way to go before Siri will be as good as Google Voice Assistant, but CarPlay in a Porsche (or Mercedes) is a massive upgrade from what you get from the factory.

I think it is just a matter of time before the car companies stop trying to build their own systems. They cling to the notion that what they deliver is good enough but it is not and won’t be, and with 98% of the world carrying an Android or iPhone with them whenever they enter a car, why continue building your own and licensing technology from the likes of Nuance. If you gave me an infotainment/PCM delete option on a new Porsche, I’d take it every time. Just give me a USB port and Bluetooth.

Originally Posted by cowtownhusker
Trading in my 14 E63s sedan. Drove a slightly used E63s wagon that sold that same day. Very disappointed. Dealer pointed in the direction of a panamera 4s demo yesterday. Certainly not the guttural sound/power of my current car, but a more luxurious car. But no voice control on a $146,000 car???? He stated (and I have read) most use apple carplay. Any thoughts on this? This may be a deal breaker for me as I use my Nav frequently.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:32 PM
Brett - 1996 C4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Amen to that, especially when you consider that manufacturers get dinged in surveys like JD Power for frustrating infotainment systems.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:19 AM
gtr
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Brett - 1996 C4
Amen to that, especially when you consider that manufacturers get dinged in surveys like JD Power for frustrating infotainment systems.
the new benz infotainment systems with the large screen is the worse. You change station and the system lags. Dealbreaker for me. My 2017 panny new system is terrible changing stations also. Hope they update it. The best Porsche infotainment system is probably the older system with the connect drive on my 2018 gt3. I like the older Benz system also but buggy.

The new bmw idrive is best. Working voice command and super fast scroll and channel select. A reason to get M5 over E63.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:18 AM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

I've always liked idrive since the 09 CIC version. I don't have any issues with my 17 macan gts and 18 gte ICE but the bit of playing I have done on the panamera's system was positive. I do think car play and android auto are superior but I will say I quite like a well done and thought out factory option.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:24 PM
SUPWAGON
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Smile I picked up a 2018 Turbo instead

I was considering ordering a 2019 GTS ST until I heard they were limiting the TS to special orders only. I'm in south Florida and the dealers in this area have a number of 2018 Turbo ST that they were willing to deal on. My deal for the Turbo ST with a trade in of my 2013 Cayenne GTS came in at the same cost as if I ordered the 2019 GTS with the same options. My Turbo ST is a Launch Vehicle with a lot of options, so for the same price I picked up almost 100 HP, more torque and bigger brakes. Love the car

Last edited by SUPWAGON; 02-07-2019 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:31 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

well that's a thought. not sure I would find one on a lot that has what I want though
Old 02-07-2019, 03:43 PM
Mdd511
6th Gear

Default My thoughts exactly

I did get my dealer to slightly discount the gts ST because of the fact that I could get a 18 turbo at 30k off sticker. Iam hoping the gts gives me the same or better driving satisfaction that a turbo would.
SUPwagon- I am also coming out of a cayenne 16’ GTS to the ST. Any regrets on transitioning from cayenne to panamera?
Old 02-08-2019, 11:17 AM
SUPWAGON
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

None, you loose some cargo space but the improved ride quality and power is amazing. The Cayenne handles better than most SUVs but the Panamera Turbo is in a class of its own. Some people feel the controls are too complicated but I enjoy the ability to adjust the screens and controls that suit my needs at the time. This new PCM allows you the flexibility to prearrange the home page with set ups for driving in town or long trips. I am planning to keep this car a long time. While it wont beat a 911 on the track, There are not a lot of vehicles that handle great, does zero to 60 in 3 seconds, can haul 2 retrievers in back or a paddle board on top, able to pull a 1g on a skid pad and be comfortable to ride in. And I do not do track events so I don't need a track car but I do long drives with family and dogs. And it looks great. So while I enjoyed the Cayenne and think they are great I have no regrets on the transition.

Quick Reply: 2019 panamera sport turismo GTS