Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Easy Access Entry

Old 01-24-2019, 02:30 PM
Lawtyger
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Easy Access Entry

I may be missing this in the manual and settings, but a 2018 Panamera has easy access entry - the feature where the driver’s seat goes back automatically so you can get out and in much easier. I can’t seem to get that to work on my 2018 Panamera 4S. I am missing something right?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 01-24-2019, 03:53 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Did you go to the settings menu to activate it?
Old 01-24-2019, 09:03 PM
Lawtyger
Advanced

Originally Posted by saeyedoc
Did you go to the settings menu to activate it?
Lol, I guess I thought that was implied by my post but I guess not. Yes - see screen shot below.

Maybe I am expecting it to work differently than I am used to. In my Maserati Ghibli the seat would automaically go back a ways when the car was turned off (to allow one to easily exit) and when entering the car later the seat was still back until you enter at which when you started the car the seat (and other driver 1 settings) moved into correct position.

Next time someone enters and exits their 2017 or 2018 Panamera can you describe when and how the seat moves to allow easy entry/exit?

Old 01-25-2019, 12:36 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

It depends on your seating position, if it's already back pretty far, the difference may not be much.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:20 PM
Lawtyger
Advanced

Originally Posted by saeyedoc
It depends on your seating position, if it's already back pretty far, the difference may not be much.
I’ll do some more trial and error. Unless I happen to conincidently sit in the exact position the seat goes to for easy entry/exit (since I get no movement) something else is up.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:28 PM
fgv1it
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

in my 2017 4S, the seat starts to move back when I open the driver's door after shutting down the car; when I return, the seat moves back to the driving position when the ignition is turned on to the "accessory" position (the first click from off). I believe that the "easy entry/exit" position of the seat can be adjusted and programmed into memory (I am not 100% sure), and if it is, you need to make sure that it is not the same as your normal driving position. Good luck!
Old 01-25-2019, 02:55 PM
Lawtyger
Advanced

Originally Posted by fgv1it
in my 2017 4S, the seat starts to move back when I open the driver's door after shutting down the car; when I return, the seat moves back to the driving position when the ignition is turned on to the "accessory" position (the first click from off).
Thank you so much for verifying how I expected it should work when shutting down the car or turning the ingnition on.

I’ll play with the settings to see if there is a way to program the easy entry distance itself. At the very least I will set driver 1 and driver 2 to seating positions very close to the steering wheel and then check for movement when I turn the car on and off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Easy Access Entry