Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Buying my first Panamera

Old 01-18-2019, 06:05 PM
ron5668
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying my first Panamera

I just joined this forum today and look forward to gaining and sharing knowledge and experiences. I visited my local dealer today and lost my enthusiasm for an XJ and an A8. Once my injured arm/wrist heals (3-4 weeks) I will ask him to conduct a search for a Panamera 4 just the way I want it, or as close as we can get. Shipping costs will likely be involved - not a problem. I have read a 10-11.5% discount is often attainable and as much as 15%. I will first ask for a 2018 model instead of a 2019 with the hope the discount can be steeper. Supply and demand always come into play, but perhaps a winter purchase will help my side. Am I correct or dreaming? Thank you.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:53 PM
dudecs
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

You would probably do better with a vehicle that is in stock at your local dealer. If you are located near the D.C./Baltimore area or Philadelphia area, there are a number of dealerships that may be within driving distance. Search their online inventory.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:05 PM
its_so_fluffy
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dudecs
You would probably do better with a vehicle that is in stock at your local dealer. If you are located near the D.C./Baltimore area or Philadelphia area, there are a number of dealerships that may be within driving distance. Search their online inventory.
Agreed. I had to compromise on my desired color Sapphire Blue (got a white one instead) because the in-stock car with basically every option I wanted gave me my target 10% off MSRP. Let us know what kind of deal you end up getting on a MY18.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:53 PM
ron5668
5th Gear

I do live in the DC/Baltimore area. After looking at how well the base Panamera is equipped, I decided that all I want/need is all wheel drive. We're talking $91,000 + delivery - discount. In checking the dealers in this area, and there are quite a few, the lowest price Panamera 4 is a little over $100,000. The majority are closer to $110,000. I want the car, I don't want extras I have no use for, but I'm willing to bend a little to get my car. A local dealer can do a nationwide search and have a car shipped. Shipping costs are ok, but I'm likely going to give up most of my discount that way with two dealers involved. I plan to sit down, get on the Porsche site and start plugging in zip codes of Philly, NYC, Richmond, Charlotte, etc until I find a relatively option free car, call them up and see what happens. Tedious? Yes, unfortunately. Does anyone know if there is a way to expand the search radius as you can on the Jag site...and many others?
Old 01-24-2019, 03:56 PM
its_so_fluffy
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ron5668
I do live in the DC/Baltimore area. After looking at how well the base Panamera is equipped, I decided that all I want/need is all wheel drive. We're talking $91,000 + delivery - discount. In checking the dealers in this area, and there are quite a few, the lowest price Panamera 4 is a little over $100,000. The majority are closer to $110,000. I want the car, I don't want extras I have no use for, but I'm willing to bend a little to get my car. A local dealer can do a nationwide search and have a car shipped. Shipping costs are ok, but I'm likely going to give up most of my discount that way with two dealers involved. I plan to sit down, get on the Porsche site and start plugging in zip codes of Philly, NYC, Richmond, Charlotte, etc until I find a relatively option free car, call them up and see what happens. Tedious? Yes, unfortunately. Does anyone know if there is a way to expand the search radius as you can on the Jag site...and many others?
I just used Autotrader and Cargurus to do my research.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:20 PM
dudecs
Racer

Another option is to visit each of the dealer's websites to see their current and incoming inventory. Keep in mind that many of the incoming inventory may be customer cars (custom orders). If there are real pictures, it may actually be on site but you'll have to contact them to be certain. In the Philadelphia, northern Delaware and southern New Jersey area, there are 5 Porsche dealerships within 65 miles of each other. Also, check their used vehicles that are CPO. Their loaners (execute demos?) come up for sale.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:23 PM
dudecs
Racer

Porsche's "Find a Dealer".
Old 01-24-2019, 08:57 PM
ron5668
5th Gear

I have failed to find a new 2018 or 2019 Panamera 4 in these United States without at least $8000 in options. 2019 inventory is thin, must be on the way. My nearest dealer told me they will be making fewer this year.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:18 PM
dudecs
Racer

Unfortunately, that is the realities of Porsche options and pricing. That is, very few dealer spec'ed vehicles will have no or minimal options. However, some of the common options are good to have for a vehicle of this size and luxury, albeit should have been standard, like Lane Change Assist and ParkAssist. The potential discount for an in stock vehicle could be more cost effective versus a custom order with minimal discount? Good luck!
Old 01-24-2019, 10:48 PM
ron5668
5th Gear

Originally Posted by dudecs
Unfortunately, that is the realities of Porsche options and pricing. That is, very few dealer spec'ed vehicles will have no or minimal options. However, some of the common options are good to have for a vehicle of this size and luxury, albeit should have been standard, like Lane Change Assist and ParkAssist. The potential discount for an in stock vehicle could be more cost effective versus a custom order with minimal discount? Good luck!
That's the system. I'll play.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:12 AM
lexhair
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

I have failed to find a new 2018 or 2019 Panamera 4 in these United States without at least $8000 in options. 2019 inventory is thin, must be on the way. My nearest dealer told me they will be making fewer this year.
My very unscientific observation is that lower volume ones, are not ordering "base" models for their stock, especially the Panamera and the Cayman. My local dealer fits this mold. I had asked about a base 718 Cayman to go with my 970.2 any my sales rep chuckled and told me I'd be in business if I was looking for a 718 Cayman GTS because their repeat customers punch in the higher weight classes. They've got a new 4 hybrid on the lot but that's it.

That said, the higher volume dealer just north is showing over half a dozen 971 4 models either in transit or on the lot in both hybrid and ICE on their website but they are all showing that $8k range of options as you mentioned.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:40 AM
ron5668
5th Gear

Thanks Lexhair, but $8000 is options was the lowest I found, and that was a rare bird. I accept that I will likely end up with at least $10,000 in options. The task is finding the right color combination in a 4 and options I may find the most use for.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:43 AM
lexhair
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

Thanks Lexhair, but $8000 is options was the lowest I found, and that was a rare bird. I accept that I will likely end up with at least $10,000 in options. The task is finding the right color combination in a 4 and options I may find the most use for.
Good luck...you'll love the 4. I really enjoy mine.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:23 AM
ciaka
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 40 Posts

Just throwing it out there for yoy - have you considered taycan? At the price you will get for 2018 ptt, taycan will be same price and full electric and way better than tesla.
In case you like EV thing.
would have to hurry, Porschr sold out initial 20k units, doubled to 40k and are on way to sell out soon again. Thats how popular th he Taycan is shaping up. 350 mi range, 100 mi charge in 2 min, 0% to 80% in 15min. Zero-60 in tbd but i bet sub 3.2, like 2.9 for turbo. 680 hp.

PTT is an awesome car too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buying my first Panamera