Panamera 2010-Current

Deal Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 06:28 PM
fbx
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Deal Feedback

Hi guys, looking for some feedback on a 2018 or 2019 Panamera Turbo S purchase.

Would you you take a 2018 car with more options than you want for 15% off MSRP or take a 2019 custom order with just the options you want for 5% discount? Cash savings with 2018 are significant even with additional options. The 2018 was built in Q4 so it hasn’t been sitting on a lot for a year.

Thoughts? Feedback? Is 15% health enough for an 18 leftover?
Old 01-12-2019, 07:12 PM
Jmclerici
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went through the same math in Nov on a 2018 Panny Turbo. I ended up going with the 18 since it was the exact color combo I wanted and had every option I wanted but one - HUD, which is new in 19. It did have about $10k of options I wouldn’t have ordered - including Burmeister and Night Vision. But having them had value to me and having had them now for over a month, I really like having them (I still would not have never ordered them!). I got just under 20% off the 18 so the deal was just too good to pass up for a car that was perfect for me in terms of color/options.

Another consideration for me was when the 19s will actually roll in - Euro cars keep getting stalled at port thanks to the VW fiasco and fuel Econ rating certs. By the time I got the 19, it could have been Fall 2019, I feared. If you are confident in the delivery date promised on the 19, then that isn’t a factor.

So then it comes down to simple math - what is the out the door cost delta when you remove the cost of the options you wouldn’t order and don’t see value in and apply the discount on the 19?

Finally, FWIW, shop hard right now since the market has dealers VERY spooked - a good buddy of mine got a GREAT deal on a 19 Cayenne S order that ended up being 4x better than where he started. Each day the market was wonky, it seemed, he got another 1% off. Be aggressive with discounts while it lasts.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:30 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

If your spending north of 100k, you best get exactly what you want. For me, it was a turbo with PDCC and all the goodies.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:41 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

If the '18 car has everything you are looking for then let the dealer take the 1st year depreciation hit and you walk away with more car for less money. If you can get a couple more % off the '18 it's a no brainer. You may end up enjoying some of the options you didn't think you initially wanted.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:51 AM
knowspin
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by small car lover
If the '18 car has everything you are looking for then let the dealer take the 1st year depreciation hit and you walk away with more car for less money. If you can get a couple more % off the '18 it's a no brainer. You may end up enjoying some of the options you didn't think you initially wanted.
^
Agree.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:03 AM
Lawtyger
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the situation of getting a preowned 18 4S which happened to have some options I would never had paid for including the Burmester. But, like someone said above, having had it for a month and 1/2 now I am ecstatic that it worked out that I got this initially I wanted option and really don’t know if I could just get the Bose on a future Porsche purchase having heard the huge difference when driving a Panamera loaner with Bose.

Go with the options, I suspect you won’t be disappointed.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:17 PM
Sulaiman
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

same situation for me 1 week ago

got 2018 for 16.5% less and I'm enjoying more option than I wanted
I only miss the rear wheel steering but still, I find the car has a very good maneuverability
Old 01-22-2019, 11:13 AM
CliffJumper RS
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Not sure how much worse the SportTurismo market is...

i don’t know if it’s directly comparable, but the sport Turismo market is definitely soft at the moment.

An SF Bay Area dealer (which normally laughs if you ask for less than MSRP) offered me $20K off on the spot for a new 2018 before I even asked what the price was last week.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:23 PM
fbx
Intermediate

Just a follow up for those interested: I ended up with a loaded 2018 turbo s for about 15.5% off from a local dealer in California. Not a sport turismo. I talked to dealers nationally and many were unwilling to exceed 10% on stock turbos or turbo s’s. I got a car with more options than I wanted but the math worked so well in my favor vs a ‘19 order with 5% off that it was too good to pass up. I got caught up in a brake line recall that affects ~115 cars built in q4 2018 so beware of that. Good luck hunting everyone.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:07 PM
fbx
Intermediate

also, Burmeister is f'ing amazing. would never have paid for it by choice but wow...
Old 01-22-2019, 01:37 PM
hdavidson
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by fbx
Just a follow up for those interested: I ended up with a loaded 2018 turbo s for about 15.5% off from a local dealer in California. Not a sport turismo. I talked to dealers nationally and many were unwilling to exceed 10% on stock turbos or turbo s’s. I got a car with more options than I wanted but the math worked so well in my favor vs a ‘19 order with 5% off that it was too good to pass up. I got caught up in a brake line recall that affects ~115 cars built in q4 2018 so beware of that. Good luck hunting everyone.
Good info. How did you identify what dealers had on a national level? I've tried using Porsche's inventory search tool but its very restrictive.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:45 PM
fbx
Intermediate

autotrader.com was a great resource. Porsche's inventory tool is a waste of time if you want to search the nation. autotrader.com links directly to the dealer's website
Old 01-22-2019, 07:11 PM
Djpeaksd
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fbx
Congrats! Pics or it didn't happen!!!
Old 01-23-2019, 02:21 AM
fbx
Intermediate

If you insist... Clearbra going on tomorrow. This is on lift setting
Old 01-23-2019, 05:12 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by fbx
If you insist... Clearbra going on tomorrow. This is on lift setting
beautiful combination...

I convinced my friend to order is VG ST with the sportsdesign package, the black glossy wheels and black mirrors.Have you considered black mirrors? they add a aggressive touch to the looks.

Quick Reply: Deal Feedback