Panamera 2010-Current

Post your diamond button choice

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 12:42 PM
pietpara
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by griffith_500
Happened to me a few times today. Will have to do some more testing but I think it only happens when I'm not at a complete standstill. Pretty annoying though.
You're probably right. Let me try that out. Thing is that it says that the button is not programmed.

I also could not find the opposition to program that diamond key as suspension lift.

Is it hidden somewhere?
Old 01-04-2019, 04:18 PM
pietpara
Advanced

I asked at the Porsche centre about programming the diamond button to lift the car suspension. They said it's not possible, so i set it to the home screen.
I also tested the standing still when activating the camera view with the diamond button, but it occurred again that the button is not programmed. Strange. Maybe it's a bug in the PCM.
I forgot to ask this at the dealer.
Old 01-05-2019, 01:38 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by pietpara
I asked at the Porsche centre about programming the diamond button to lift the car suspension. They said it's not possible, so i set it to the home screen.
I also tested the standing still when activating the camera view with the diamond button, but it occurred again that the button is not programmed. Strange. Maybe it's a bug in the PCM.
I forgot to ask this at the dealer.
My Turbo S e-hybrid has the diamond button for suspension lift. Love it set that way. It is an option in the scroll-down menu on my car for setting the button. Terrific feature.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:45 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I have also programmed my Pan4 E-Hybrid to lift via air suspension when I use the diamond button. However, for some reason, it occasionally loses the memory and I have to re-program it (like after weeks, so maybe a bug).

It's interesting to me that so many Panamera owners use their diamond button for lifting the car. It's obviously an important feature that many owners like using.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:23 PM
pietpara
Advanced

I'm now even more motivated to find out how this can be set. I can't imagine that the suspension setting options in PCM or steering wheel are different between various Panamera models.

Can you explain how you set it?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-05-2019, 09:30 PM
pietpara
Advanced

Anybody know how you can force the PCM Media Player to rescan the USB media by some PCM option?
Currently the only way I found is to remove the USB hard disk, connect my phone, seelect it in Media Player, disconnect it and reconnect the USB hard disk.
That's quite a hassle each time you update the USB drive with music.

Also, in Devices you can supposedly pair devices. When I click on it, it says "please connect your phone to the USB port to get access to your phone features" (or something similar). But when I connect my Samsung Galaxy S9+ to the USB it does not detect it.
It does detect the phone via bluetooth and the media player does too when connected via USB.
I just want to know what this feature would bring. Does anybody know what it is and how to do it properly?
Old 01-05-2019, 10:34 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pietpara
I'm now even more motivated to find out how this can be set. I can't imagine that the suspension setting options in PCM or steering wheel are different between various Panamera models.

Can you explain how you set it?

Thanks in advance!
I set it through the big screen... Find the diamond button menu, scroll down to the lift function and press. Then I press the Memory Key buttons on the driver door to put into memory.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:36 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by martinced
Yeah I use my Panamera as my daily driver and it's indeed still always a bit awkward to press it on the roof console (typically to shut off the beeping while parking when my kid felt asleep in the back: I then only use the camera and the "color" red/yellow/green to find my way). Can never tell if it's the first or the last button on the line of buttons: I guess we're not use to look at controls above us so we're disorientated a bit when we look towards the sky : )

I set my diamond button to "voice command". I often then say "Find music" (I set my PCM to english) and a few other stuff: because one thing that drives me crazy is that when I press on media when I'm already at the top level media menu, the PCM then act as if I pressed "source". Go figure.
I have voice command button on the upper left stalk tip... It's so easy to tap that, so I can use the diamond button for something that you'd otherwise have to go into the big screen to access...
Old 01-11-2019, 04:50 PM
NJS_04_996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't know.....so had to try it. Was set to toggle through the audio sources - not terribly useful for me since primarily have it on XMsat. Not a lot of choices with 970.1. Currently changed it to switch the multifunction display to Audio

Originally Posted by Addbuyer
Front camera or sports exhaust. Wish it could do sports mode or sports+ mode
alas....this ^^^^ would be the BEST use of it!!!
Old 01-12-2019, 10:03 AM
Edman951
Pro

Mine is Front Camera view, great when you are in a tights spot and need a quick peak on surroundings.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:52 PM
MKC91
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originallly I had it programmed for surround view, but then switched to raise the suspension. Unfortunately the most common mode for me is "Not Assigned". No matter what setting I try, it is always forgotten. This has been an issue since day one.

-- Mike
Old 11-07-2019, 05:20 PM
krabman
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 143 Posts

I'd prefer next track but I'm on the cameras since a shortcut cant be made for the cameras on the home screen but you can put the media widget there that will let you go back and forward. Ideally the next/previous would already be on the wheel but, you know, Porsche and all that... O_o I also find that mine holds for about 2 to 3 weeks before it magically becomes unassigned. I have my best result with the memory when I save with the car not moving but the engine started and always save to both memory position and key. If I don't do it exactly that way the car may keep it for a day or two or not even make it to the next startup. Do the certifiable and I get the two weeks. More or less. Porsche and all that...
Old 11-08-2019, 11:28 AM
SUPWAGON
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I use the diamond to disable the auto off feature. In my 2018 the auto off cannot be permanently turned off so I need to turn it off each trip. You can turn on surround view with a button on the overhead, next to the light, and I have the suspension height adjustment on my home page.
The following users liked this post:
krabman (11-08-2019)
Old 11-08-2019, 01:05 PM
krabman
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 143 Posts

I gotta check that overhead, didn't realize there was a way to trigger the cameras up there.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:53 PM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

Maybe make sure if you reprogram the button that you save it in the door/key memory.

Remember pretty much every setting in the car that is customizable is save to the memory setting and the key. If you don't save it after you update the button to the memory number it won't save. If you switch keys, it also won't save your settings if you didn't have it set up that way on both keys.

This drove me nuts on my drive home from buying the car a few states over. I had both keys on me, and the settings would change every time I started the car simply because it will switch which key showed up! I was so mad until I figured it out, and eventually I was notified by the dash that it was picking up two keys. But even with one in the trunk area sometimes it would pick up one or the other key...….so not my second key is locked in a lead safe!
The following users liked this post:
BUZO JOE (12-13-2020)

Quick Reply: Post your diamond button choice