Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera coolant issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 12:21 PM
rxguy77
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panamera coolant issue

Hi all could use some advice. Bought a CPO 2015 panamaera with 42k miles. Recently low coolant warning came on then got engine overheating warning. Towed car to local porsche dealer. Dealer found no leaks, performed pressure test. Topped off coolant. Picked up car and next and low coolant warning again. car at dealer now for 14 plus days with no diagnosis. They are trying to find out where coolant going per service. Not sure what to do next.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:30 PM
ciaka
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 40 Posts

That is hard to pd if you don't know service history.
Could be simple *** air in coolant system or bad thermostat, etc. Could be a leak under manifold, from one of the pipes.
Assume Porsche dealer, surprised they have not determined after 14 days, what it is. Could also be wrong dealer having car.
Did you see coolant low yourself in the res tank?
Did you see leaking fluid under car?
Did you smell the sweet coolant smell when warnings appeared?
You gotta give as much tiny detail as possible, never know what can help ID situation.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:26 PM
Panamhtx
3rd Gear

Default No worries

Hopefully this will apply to your case - I had what sounds like the exact same issue earlier this year, when it was cold. I was really worried and it stopped happening (normally would do it at starting the engine), then it happened on the middle of the Freeway and I was really concerned about blowing the engine .Dealership couldn't replicate . And then just stopped happening and hasn't happened since . I think perhaps temperature can cause a faulty reading every so often (and did intermittently for this period of time) . My car usually runs great so it's an aberration, hopefully same with yours, as well
Old 05-26-2023, 09:05 AM
LXV65 Porsche
Track Day

Default Coolant leak

Originally Posted by rxguy77
Hi all could use some advice. Bought a CPO 2015 panamaera with 42k miles. Recently low coolant warning came on then got engine overheating warning. Towed car to local porsche dealer. Dealer found no leaks, performed pressure test. Topped off coolant. Picked up car and next and low coolant warning again. car at dealer now for 14 plus days with no diagnosis. They are trying to find out where coolant going per service. Not sure what to do next.
check coolant vent lines under intake manifold it’s located under fuel rail

part number varies do to vehicle
Old 05-26-2023, 09:10 AM
LXV65 Porsche
Track Day

Default Coolant leak

Originally Posted by LXV65 Porsche
check coolant vent lines under intake manifold it’s located under fuel rail

part number varies do to vehicle
I recently had to temporarily fix vent line with gorilla glue to get back home from outta town I sealed the vent line back got home them ordered correct vent line part#94610602622 note

Quick Reply: Panamera coolant issue