Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Do I have PORSCHE entry and drive option ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 03:08 AM
djstepanich
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I have PORSCHE entry and drive option ?

Have a new to me 2012 Panamera Turbo.

I don’t have list of options on the car and don’t have the fake key fob installed in the car. But I do have the small buttons on the exterior door handles which led me to think after reading manual that maybe I have this feature and dummy fob is missing?

Are those buttons only included with entry and drive option?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:38 AM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm pretty sure you do. If the door unlocked when you grab the handle with the key in you pocket you should have the feature. You can put you Vin into one of these build sheet sites and get your build sheet as well. If unsure.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:15 AM
djstepanich
Track Day

Originally Posted by EmMHoLLa
I'm pretty sure you do. If the door unlocked when you grab the handle with the key in you pocket you should have the feature. You can put you Vin into one of these build sheet sites and get your build sheet as well. If unsure.
Thx. My car is in at the shop getting some work so can't verify that works. I was hoping to see if anyone knew if the push buttons on the outer door were only on entry and drive or were available elsewhere so I could order a dummy key fob while it's out.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:00 PM
Kinnebrew Motors
Former Vendor

I bought a used 2010 Panamera Turbo that did not have the key fob and the Porsche dealer selling the car indicated that it did not have PED, but it also had the buttons and the metal piece on the inside of the outer door handle. Took it to another dealer after I bought it and they confirmed that it DID have PED but that the system was not functioning. They replaced a module in the drivers door, ordered a new dummy key fob, and now it works great. The bottom line is that you can be pretty confident that if it has the buttons and the metal inner door handle... it has the hardware for PED. Whether it is functioning or not is a different story.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:23 PM
djstepanich
Track Day

Originally Posted by Kinnebrew Motors
I bought a used 2010 Panamera Turbo that did not have the key fob and the Porsche dealer selling the car indicated that it did not have PED, but it also had the buttons and the metal piece on the inside of the outer door handle. Took it to another dealer after I bought it and they confirmed that it DID have PED but that the system was not functioning. They replaced a module in the drivers door, ordered a new dummy key fob, and now it works great. The bottom line is that you can be pretty confident that if it has the buttons and the metal inner door handle... it has the hardware for PED. Whether it is functioning or not is a different story.
Thx! Never noticed if it had a metal inner door handle but will check it out once I get it back. This would be awesome news and a nice surprise.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:23 PM
rol607
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Just run VIN# on this site and it will list all of your options and MSRP.

https://vinanalytics.com/
Old 10-23-2018, 05:41 PM
djstepanich
Track Day

Originally Posted by rol607
Just run VIN# on this site and it will list all of your options and MSRP.

https://vinanalytics.com/
Unfortunately I get 'VIN sheet not available'.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:33 PM
ciaka
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 43 Posts

call dealer. give them vin. they will tell you.

Quick Reply: Do I have PORSCHE entry and drive option ?