Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 07:39 PM
n4v4nod
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,604 Likes on 883 Posts
Default New GTS!!!

Fuel consumption/emissions1)
Panamera GTS: Fuel consumption combined 10.3 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 235 g/km
Panamera GTS Sport Turismo: Fuel consumption combined 10.6 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 242 g/km[img]blob:https://rennlist.com/d723fd8c-6a7e-4326-8d13-b41410208c34[/img]Press Release16/10/2018460 hp V8 biturbo engine, sports chassis and wide array of equipment

New GTS models: two athletes join the Porsche Panamera family

Stuttgart. Porsche has added two extra sporty models to its Panamera range. With a powerful performance from the four-litre V8 biturbo engine (338 kW/460 hp), extra dynamic chassis systems including three-chamber air suspension, and their own unique design elements and equipment, the Panamera GTS and Panamera GTS Sport Turismo harness a one-of-a-kind performance package. For example, the Sport Design package with black exterior elements and large Alcantara surfaces in the interior is included as standard. What’s more, Porsche has expanded its portfolio of comfort and assistance systems to include a head-up display with various configuration options for the entire Panamera range.

Emotion and efficiency: V8 engine with 460 hp and sports exhaust system
At the heart of both of the new Panamera GTS models is a four-litre V8 engine with 338 kW (460 hp) of output and maximum torque of 620 Nm, cultivating an emotional sound and driving experience when combined with the standard sports exhaust system. The biturbo engine, which features a gasoline particulate filter, outperforms its predecessor by 15 kW (20 hp) and 100 Nm, accelerating the Panamera GTS and Panamera GTS Sport Turismo from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.1 seconds as it works in conjunction with the standard Sport Chrono package. The two models achieve a top speed of 292 and 289 km/h respectively. There are no interruptions in tractive force as power is transmitted to the Porsche Traction Management (PTM) all-wheel drive system by the eight-speed PDK dual clutch gearbox. Their exceptional performance is achieved with moderate consumption of just 10.3 l/100 km (Sport Turismo: 10.6 l/100 km) (see footnote); the CO2emissions are 235 g/km (Sport Turismo: 242 g/km).

Performance and comfort: sports chassis with three-chamber air suspension
Designed to reflect the sporting prowess of the Panamera GTS models, the chassis systems are impressively dynamic. The adaptive air suspension with three-chamber technology is fitted as standard, which results in flexible control and optimum spring rate spread. The sports chassis in the two GTS models has been lowered by 10 millimetres, while the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) function has been adapted for an even sportier calibration. The result? Outstanding lateral dynamics. Large brakes (390 millimetres in diameter at the front, 365 millimetres at the rear) deliver outstanding deceleration.

That distinctive GTS look: Sport Design package with black highlights
When compared to the predecessor, the new Panamera GTS models’ basic equipment package has been significantly upgraded in a number of areas. The Sport Design package with a new black front end, black trim at the bottom of the rear, and a variety of darker elements highlights the more athletic appearance. The GTS models are equipped with 20-inch Panamera Design wheels as standard. The interior features hallmark elements of black Alcantara and anodised aluminium. The standard package also includes a heated multifunction sports steering wheel with gearshift paddles and Alcantara trim and the Connect Plus module for a wide range of digital services. With the optional Interior GTS package, drivers can customise their vehicle with various design elements, such as a rev counter, designer seams, and GTS logos in the contrasting shades of Carmine Red or Crayon.

A first for the Panamera: head-up display with many configuration options
The GTS models offer all the same innovations as the second-generation Panamera range. These include the digital Porsche Advanced Cockpit, assist systems such as Porsche InnoDrive including adaptive cruise control, and optional rear-axle steering. The GTS also features one highlight that is new to the entire Panamera range – the head-up display. The display can be configured by the driver and projects all relevant information directly into their direct line of sight in full colour.

Even better for day-to-day driving: the first ever Panamera GTS Sport Turismo
As is tradition at Porsche, GTS stands for Gran Turismo Sport. Porsche’s first road-approved sports car, the 904 Carrera GTS, was launched all the way back in 1963, bringing racing technology to the streets. This was followed by the 924 GTS and 928 GTS, which cultivated the concept throughout the 1980s and 90s. In 2007, the GTS celebrated its revival with the Carrera GTS. The first generation of the Panamera GTS followed in 2011, initially available as a sports saloon only. Now, the new Panamera GTS is also available as a Sports Turismo. With a large boot lid, low loading sill, increased luggage compartment volume and 4+1 seating configuration, the new GTS variant based on the 2017 model meets the highest of standards for everyday driving, while also delivering outstanding performance.

The new GTS models are available to order now. In Germany, the Panamera GTS is available from EUR 138,493 including VAT and country-specific equipment; the Panamera GTS Sport Turismo is available from EUR 141,349.

Visual material available in the Porsche Newsroom (newsroom.porsche.de) and in the Porsche media database (presse.porsche.de).

The consumption and CO2 emission values were determined in accordance with the new Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP). The NEDC values derived from this should continue to be specified for the time being. These values cannot be compared to the values determined in accordance with the NEDC measuring procedure used up to now.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:44 PM
DevLep
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet!
Old 10-15-2018, 08:14 PM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

So a detuned version of the V8 from the Turbo and heads up display. Very nice.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:13 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 696 Likes on 478 Posts

When I see the yellow calipers I wanna throw up, is it just me??
Old 10-16-2018, 01:55 AM
Rzrrob2009
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only 20 more HP.... come on !!
Old 10-16-2018, 11:28 AM
jtorrebl
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rzrrob2009
Only 20 more HP.... come on !!
Yes 20 more HP than the 4S. Saw a YouTube reviewer video commenting on the debuted news and he thought it was a rip off unless you chip it. Since it has a detuned v8 engine. That’s a lot of work and warranty risk though.

Last edited by jtorrebl; 10-20-2018 at 03:44 AM.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:19 PM
CanuckGT4
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 173 Posts

Very nice, pending order!
Old 10-16-2018, 01:41 PM
Archer1021
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

I also saw the video on this and the fact it only has 13 more horse power than the 4s. But I think the point is being missed by the commentator.

this is meant to deliver a different driving experience than the 4s. Lowered ride height, more Alcantara, stiffer suspension, etc. yes it’s only 13 more power but drives and shows much differently.

its like the Merc s600 versus s63, they used to have nearly identical power figures but two totally different buyer groups

I think the car is awesome, would seriously consider it if your looking for a solid v8 Porsche
Old 10-16-2018, 03:57 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

agree with Archer. DIfferent driving experience all together. The GTS isn't about the extra power as much as it is about the driving intangibles and interior bits. And of course, the V8 over the 6 is huge for me.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:37 PM
Drivingoncords
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blk on blk
agree with Archer. DIfferent driving experience all together. The GTS isn't about the extra power as much as it is about the driving intangibles and interior bits. And of course, the V8 over the 6 is huge for me.
13 HP more than the 4s, but also 275 lb more weight with the bigger engine. So a 3% increase in HP and a 6% increase in weight. That doesn't makes sense to me if you are looking for performance, unless you are fixated on having a V8.

Also the fact that porsche can put in the exact same engine and yet charge 25k less for the GTS vs the turbo shows you just how fat their margins are.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:57 PM
Jason Zhang
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Before the GTS came out I thought it will have a tuned up V6 from the 4s, rather than a tuned down V8 from the turbo, which is what we are seeing now. If the GTS really has the same engine as the turbo, perhaps some simple ECU tuning will bump up the power to be the same as the turbo? And the GTS is just the best looking and probably the most driver focused Panamera you can buy right now. If someone is looking for a highly optioned 4s or thinking about getting a turbo, I think the GTS is a pretty solid option. I would certainly prefer the GTS.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:24 PM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by david56
13 HP more than the 4s, but also 275 lb more weight with the bigger engine. So a 3% increase in HP and a 6% increase in weight. That doesn't makes sense to me if you are looking for performance, unless you are fixated on having a V8.

Also the fact that porsche can put in the exact same engine and yet charge 25k less for the GTS vs the turbo shows you just how fat their margins are.
As a Turbo owner this is something that makes one wonder.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:56 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Porsche profit margins are legendary, so the fact that they charge so much less for this than the turbo shouldn't surprise anyone. The GTS has historically been the smart man's buy. This seems like no exception,... Having a TwinTurbo V8 for so much less than the headline car seems like fantastic deal (in Porsche speak of course). The idea of having a V-8 is quite exciting, even if the power is only marginally more than the 4s v6. Just the sound alone is awesome
Old 10-16-2018, 11:51 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

OK. Let's be clear here about the difference between the S and the GTS engines' output. With the GTS the HP increase is only 4.5% but the torque increase is 13%. In the USA what your butt feels is the torque increase. This is (unfortunately) not Autobahn territory with unlimited speed limits. Acceleration at lower speeds is a function of torque, not HP. Got it?
My engineer's butt says y'all would also like the torque curve of the 4.0 L V8 GTS engine better than the S, but i didn't see the torque curves when searching. Anybody have these torque curves?
Old 10-17-2018, 12:48 AM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I agree with most about it not being much about power but driving experience. Having a v8 with a sports exhaust should hopefully make the Panamera sound like it should. You also get the cool spoiler as well. I think the heads up will be a function of all panamera's in a year so, so I dont really think thats special unless im mistaken.

As an 971 e-hybrid owner, I can also understand the people saying the power is questionable. I mean that is pretty lame isn't it? The 4e has more power than that, although def weights more. I ended getting a custom exhaust on mine and it sounds insane but most people wouldn't do that.

I do think the GTS is an ok model but i wouldn't say its over priced, in fact its priced pretty well compared to the same optioned 4s except you get as above.

Quick Reply: New GTS!!!